DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

Daveeeeed

That's a whole other issue that I don't don't think can be fixed without rebuilding the park itself.
It can be made tolerable.
A hub redesign paired with adding a C-ticket to Muppets Courtyard, and an E-ticket could further spread out the crowds and it will make people take longer to walk to places would help.

Walt Disney Studios in Paris has the same problem; the rides are just too close together in a bad park layout -- WDS just takes it to another extreme.

jt04

Crane at the far end of the parking lot yesterday evening
17311313_10210351855946835_5723534565874868288_o.jpg

Looming like an AT-AT.

S 2

This thread is so s l o w moving, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that not many people are interested in the construction of a parking lot... Does anyone have any updated aerials or new info about this? I'm very curious especially since this is now part of the gondola project and a symbol of the overall DS expansion. . .

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This thread is so s l o w moving, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that not many people are interested in the construction of a parking lot... Does anyone have any updated aerials or new info about this? I'm very curious especially since this is now part of the gondola project and a symbol of the overall DS expansion. . .

There have been pretty regular aerials but there really isn't much to see when they are building a parking lot. Here is a picture from Orlando United from a few weeks ago.

http://forums.orlandounited.com/threads/hollywood-studios-overhaul.7190/page-99

IMG_6408.jpg

djkidkaz

There have been pretty regular aerials but there really isn't much to see when they are building a parking lot. Here is a picture from Orlando United from a few weeks ago.

http://forums.orlandounited.com/threads/hollywood-studios-overhaul.7190/page-99

View attachment 203219

So is all that brown dirt on the right going to be additional parking with all of the original parking staying as well? If so that is a massive parking lot! If all of those spots were filled I don't know where they would put all the people in the park. Toy story and Star Wars might sound like large expansions but a good chunk of that will be buildings and exterior theming ( millennium falcon ), not actual guest walking space.

roj2323

Original Poster
So is all that brown dirt on the right going to be additional parking with all of the original parking staying as well? If so that is a massive parking lot! If all of those spots were filled I don't know where they would put all the people in the park. Toy story and Star Wars might sound like large expansions but a good chunk of that will be buildings and exterior theming ( millennium falcon ), not actual guest walking space.
For the time being, yes that will all be parking. Everything to the south west of the current cast parking will become the new cast parking and the current cast parking will become permeant guest parking. Beyond that we know guest parking and the tram lanes will see changes but we haven't seen the new configuration in any documents and there's also a rumor that the southwest corner of the new parking which is supposed to be cast parking is also rumored to be a future expansion pad. Until we have more documents to look at or one of our insiders decides to spill the beans we are only guessing as to the final configuration.

rushtest4echo

So can we be assured that they still planning on fixing the disjointed entrance area, the terrible pedestrian access, the bad handicapped parking situation, and the absolutely horiffic exiting process (the blindside left turns on curves all around the lot, and the stupidity that is having traffic signals at the exit instead of ramps)?

All of those issues are unique to the garbage layout of DHS's parking/entry/exit both with vehicles and people. I hope fixes to all of those is in the works to go along with the new parking lot.

Surprised at the tree/water removal, I always thought it provided a visual "break" in the lots. I guess it's worth a trade if at least a few of the above mentioned issues are fixed.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So can we be assured that they still planning on fixing the disjointed entrance area, the terrible pedestrian access, the bad handicapped parking situation, and the absolutely horiffic exiting process (the blindside left turns on curves all around the lot, and the stupidity that is having traffic signals at the exit instead of ramps)?

All of those issues are unique to the garbage layout of DHS's parking/entry/exit both with vehicles and people. I hope fixes to all of those is in the works to go along with the new parking lot.

Surprised at the tree/water removal, I always thought it provided a visual "break" in the lots. I guess it's worth a trade if at least a few of the above mentioned issues are fixed.

With the new entrance road I would expect a good bit of re-configuration of the parking lot. The permit showing the gondola station shows it encroaching on the bus drop off area so I would expect some re-configuration there also.

S 2

i bet you're a blast at parties, please don't ever let me stuck standing next to you in line!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

i bet you're a blast at parties, please don't ever let me stuck standing next to you in line!
I'd gladly take your place in that line.

S 2

I'd gladly take your place in that line.

I just cant relate to being able to go to the parks so often that I can find things like this to complain about speaking of it like its a third world country. To each their own, may your friendship last longer than the backlot tour.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom