DHS New Fireworks Launch Area

Mikejakester

View attachment 131295 I readjusted it based on the launch points that you pointed out (thanks) and while it is much closer to the Hollywood Boulevard Line of sight, using my protractor, :bookworm:, I determined that it is still a bit off both the boulevard and the fireworks launch, however, should they launch the fireworks along the yellow paths I drew (it is not too far off) it will launch on the preexisting line of sight, a compromise per se.
this is what I have mentioned earlier with regards to directional shooting the shells...
OMG... the OCD in me is cringing with that OFFSET to the right... God please make it stop... So I guess it will be in fact off center like we all thought.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
OMG... the OCD in me is cringing with that OFFSET to the right... God please make it stop... So I guess it will be in fact off center like we all thought.

I am totally fine with the angle...it is balanced out by the projections on the theater as well as studio building to the left.

Mikejakester

I wish they would have gave a start date for the fireworks, Summer is too vague!
It wont take too long to build the firework site. June sounds about right. I am still cringing about that off center line of site... You wont be able to stand to far back on Hollywood BLVD for this show...

Attachments

• Hollywood_Boulevard_at_Disney's_Hollywod_Studios_by_The_Consortium.jpg
    Hollywood_Boulevard_at_Disney's_Hollywod_Studios_by_The_Consortium.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 145

ChristianG

I wonder if you will be able to see them from any of the close resorts
The current show is viewable from surrounding resorts so the new show should be as well.

^ From the angle of this video I'm assuming it was recorded from the Dolphin or Swan.

EDIT: I'm actually not too sure about the angle, but it still shows that you can see this from nearby resorts.

Last edited:

co10064

Premium Member
Maybe I could be wrong, but if Toy Story Land demolition is slated for April, could that mean a gap in fireworks until the new launch site comes online with the new show?

djkidkaz

Didn't @marni1971 mention that he had some info about some possible changes coming to the park that might eventually make the fireworks launch site make sense? I assumed they were going to be altering the entrance to the park or something.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
So the area just below this clearing is also being cleared out. Hopefully we'll get another aerial soon to see exactly what's going on. I did see that they have laid concrete already in the first cleared area.

That is where the new storm water retention pond is going.

Last edited:

dstrawn9889

damn they movin on, and it looks like the construction entrance is mostly in place from te remains of CC to the canal ~:40 to :46

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
damn they movin on, and it looks like the construction entrance is mostly in place from te remains of CC to the canal ~:40 to :46

I assume you are referring to this. That's actually the tent where they do the fireworks prep. The access road will go a little to the left of that. The permits for that part of the project haven't even been approved yet.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom