DHS New Fireworks Launch Area

Next Big Thing

They may have to just station a few police cruisers there during the 15 minute show to stop people from stopping.
Is there any possible way to re-route the road? Easier than stopping cars from stopping would be closing the road for a short period of time.

Problem is, it's a main road.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Is there any possible way to re-route the road? Easier than stopping cars from stopping would be closing the road for a short period of time.

Problem is, it's a main road.

There really isn't any place to re-route it to. The closest points where you could re-route it already have other roads.

Capture.JPG

dstrawn9889

i cant tell if they have removed the stumps yet or not...
and i doubt that the practice of bulldoze into a pile and burn will sit well with Disney... so they would have to truck them away to waste services and run them through a mulcher

Mikejakester

This looks like it could be ready in a couple of months.... Does anyone know anything about firework lineup changes? If it was star wars related, I would not understand why this would be getting set up so early in the game? seems like this would be one of the final things to do.

doctornick

This looks like it could be ready in a couple of months.... Does anyone know anything about firework lineup changes? If it was star wars related, I would not understand why this would be getting set up so early in the game? seems like this would be one of the final things to do.

I think the main purpose for building it so quickly is to be able to demolish the area where the current fireworks launch is located and use it for construction.

Mikejakester

I think the main purpose for building it so quickly is to be able to demolish the area where the current fireworks launch is located and use it for construction.
that make sense (logistics and construction wise), however, the lines of sight don't really add up with the current park layout. Unless they are going to be directionally shooting these things so that they detonate at the right viewing angle... (which seems like a stretch, but hey, surprise me Disney). Im just so confused by this... which makes it more interesting than anything else that's going on right now. (for me at least).

Magic Feather

image.jpeg
that make sense (logistics and construction wise), however, the lines of sight don't really add up with the current park layout. Unless they are going to be directionally shooting these things so that they detonate at the right viewing angle... (which seems like a stretch, but hey, surprise me Disney). Im just so confused by this... which makes it more interesting than anything else that's going on right now. (for me at least).
I would like to put all of this line of sight stuff to rest. In the picture below, all orange spots are the (approximate) current launch points. When those in the foreground are found, the blue line is the actual line of sight, not the pink one that everyone thinks it is. This lines it up perfectly with the new launch site, as well as expands viewable areas. All purple highlights are meant to be the expanded areas.

PS Sorry for the blurry pic

Mikejakester

View attachment 131280
I would like to put all of this line of sight stuff to rest. In the picture below, all orange spots are the (approximate) current launch points. When those in the foreground are found, the blue line is the actual line of sight, not the pink one that everyone thinks it is. This lines it up perfectly with the new launch site, as well as expands viewable areas. All purple highlights are meant to be the expanded areas.

Are we 100% sure about this? I am not exactly sold on that. If the blue line was the line of sight, that would mean that I would not be able to see the fireworks from Hollywood Blvd (main street) since the current buildings and trees would block it, and that's not the case currently. Your blue line of sight goes over the Earffel Tower, if you check, the Earfull tower is no visible until you pretty much get to center stage. Which is why I think the blue line is not the actual line of sight.

ChristianG

View attachment 131280

I believe you have the locations of the foreground launch points off. Using nearmap you can see the six launch points directly behind the Chinese Theatre positioned in a straighter line than what you demonstrated in your graphic:

33lpgkz.png

Making the sightline down Hollywood Blv. (Red) more centered with those than the sightline from Echo Lake (yellow) is. I'm not saying you're wrong about how Echo Lake lines up with the new launch site better than Hollywood Blv does, just fixing your placements of the foreground launch points. I'm still very confused with their plans for this; but then again I haven't really been keeping up with this thread that much.

Last edited:

Magic Feather

image.jpg
I readjusted it based on the launch points that you pointed out (thanks) and while it is much closer to the Hollywood Boulevard Line of sight, using my protractor, :bookworm:, I determined that it is still a bit off both the boulevard and the fireworks launch, however, should they launch the fireworks along the yellow paths I drew (it is not too far off) it will launch on the preexisting line of sight, a compromise per se.
I believe you have the locations of the foreground launch points off. Using nearmap you can see the six launch points directly behind the Chinese Theatre positioned in a straighter line than what you demonstrated in your graphic:

33lpgkz.png

Making the sightline down Hollywood Blv. (Red) more centered with those than the sightline from Echo Lake (yellow) is. I'm not saying you're wrong about how Echo Lake lines up with the new launch site better than Hollywood Blv does, just fixing your placements of the foreground launch points. I'm still very confused with their plans for this; but then again I haven't really been keeping up with this thread that much.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
View attachment 131295 I readjusted it based on the launch points that you pointed out (thanks) and while it is much closer to the Hollywood Boulevard Line of sight, using my protractor, :bookworm:, I determined that it is still a bit off both the boulevard and the fireworks launch, however, should they launch the fireworks along the yellow paths I drew (it is not too far off) it will launch on the preexisting line of sight, a compromise per se.
They won't use angled launch. Too dependent on wind direction/speed, and the fallout would be over the road way.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Is the intent to make the Echo Lake area the main fireworks viewing area? Could be something to go along with Star Wars Land.

YodaMan

Because of the side angle for the fireworks in the new show, they clearly need to wait until the new launch site is finished before starting this show. So I think the lack of a firm date comes from not being 100% certain when the launch site is complete.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom