DHS New Attraction coming this summer! - The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow

ufmaule

After seeing this cheese, I was half expecting 10 Gold Deblunes to pop up on the screen so that Jake and the Neverland Pirates could celebrate our pirate victory and to walk us (or rather sing us) out like the Tiki Bird show. "Yo Ho Matey's Away."

RSoxNo1

I for one didn't have high expectations for this. I will go in because I assume the real life version translates better than a youtube video. The digital mapping on the castle is cool technology and it looks like the same (or similar tech) is done in this attraction. If I like it, I'll go again. If I don't, I won't. Either way, they got me in the building - something the Narnia walk through never accomplished.

JungleTrekFan

It is definitely an improvement over the previous attraction, nothing to spend a days admission to see, but a nice side attraction/walkthrough. The use of projections looks really well done, looks like a 360 projection around the room from the video. Plus very good quality images. Definitely more entertaining than Narnia

evilzorac

I agree it is better than Narnia but am not happy that they dumbed it down so much. Even my two daughters (9& 6) thought it was for "babies". What happened to expanding minds while entertaining them?

rct247

I like how everyone is saying it is better than Narnia. Anything is better than Narnia. I think even Sounds Dangerous was better than Narnia. The props and projections are great, but the "story" is very poorly executed. The video I watch only seemed to get guest reactions when it was asking for it. I even felt the ending was very awkward and anticlimactic. Stitch's Great Escape and the current Spaceship Earth decent are even better than this because they have more interactivity and story. Before anyone shoots that comment down, I know you will agree that Stitch and the SE decent replaced things that were previously better while Jack Sparrow replaced something that was once worse, but still Stitch at least has some amazing technology, props, and effects while having better storyline than shouting things as an audience. I also feel like this "show" is out of place at DHS. Pirates has a perfect home in Adventureland at MK. It is incredibly weird to see something from Pirates in a soundstage environment. I have a feeling that this attraction will last for 5-8 years, but by year 3 it will have very low attendance except when it is busy and that will be just because it has a low capacity.

gonnichi

I like how everyone is saying it is better than Narnia. Anything is better than Narnia. I think even Sounds Dangerous was better than Narnia. The props and projections are great, but the "story" is very poorly executed. The video I watch only seemed to get guest reactions when it was asking for it. I even felt the ending was very awkward and anticlimactic. Stitch's Great Escape and the current Spaceship Earth decent are even better than this because they have more interactivity and story. Before anyone shoots that comment down, I know you will agree that Stitch and the SE decent replaced things that were previously better while Jack Sparrow replaced something that was once worse, but still Stitch at least has some amazing technology, props, and effects while having better storyline than shouting things as an audience. I also feel like this "show" is out of place at DHS. Pirates has a perfect home in Adventureland at MK. It is incredibly weird to see something from Pirates in a soundstage environment. I have a feeling that this attraction will last for 5-8 years, but by year 3 it will have very low attendance except when it is busy and that will be just because it has a low capacity.

I also feel like this minor show is out of place in DHS, or atleast out of place in the sound stage area. I guess it is a movie so it does work at DHS. My opinion is that there is so little to actually do at DHS that it is hard for TDO to advertise for the studio and get guests excited about visiting there. Opening this attraction will give them an image of Capt Jack Sparrow to flash on the screen on Disney Resort TV and make the park look more exciting. I looked up the top ten things to do at DHS and one of them was Fantasmic (historically and generally only seen once a night and not even everynight), and the other was Osborne Family lights( only seen on the X-mas hoiliday). So this attraction even though it is a minor one will give TDO something to use to get people intersted in DHS again.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Holy buckets, this attraction is bad.
My girlfriend and I went on it yesterday. I didn't go in with high expectations, but I was COMPLETELY underwhelmed. The showroom is great, yes, but that's the only thing they got right.
First off, they need to be more clear as to where you should stand. I'm 6'3"+, but, due to where I was standing, I couldn't see jack. Or Jack. Everything was blocked by the ship. The effects rely solely, it seems, on projections. Obviously the projections are a big factor, but they shouldn't be the ONLY factor.
The story, though, is where it really needs work. "Stomp your feet!" "Say 'Aarrgh!' like a pirate!" I honestly felt like I was watching an episode of Dora the Explorer. This is a PG-13 franchise. Why is it being so dumbed down? I know it needs to be family friendly, but there is a big difference between being for families and being for kids.
That's just my two cents, but... my two cents is 100% correct.
Quite possibly the worst attraction in all Central Florida.

EpcotServo

If you didn't see Jack the show was ruined for you because operations is forcing in more people than WDI wants.

Sad, because it's really a great little show.

dreamscometrue

Holy buckets, this attraction is bad.
My girlfriend and I went on it yesterday. I didn't go in with high expectations, but I was COMPLETELY underwhelmed. The showroom is great, yes, but that's the only thing they got right.
First off, they need to be more clear as to where you should stand. I'm 6'3"+, but, due to where I was standing, I couldn't see jack. Or Jack. Everything was blocked by the ship. The effects rely solely, it seems, on projections. Obviously the projections are a big factor, but they shouldn't be the ONLY factor.
The story, though, is where it really needs work. "Stomp your feet!" "Say 'Aarrgh!' like a pirate!" I honestly felt like I was watching an episode of Dora the Explorer. This is a PG-13 franchise. Why is it being so dumbed down? I know it needs to be family friendly, but there is a big difference between being for families and being for kids.
That's just my two cents, but... my two cents is 100% correct.
Quite possibly the worst attraction in all Central Florida.

I hope you took a few minutes to give feedback...at guest relations or via e-mail. If all of us complain to someone when we are unhappy with an attraction or experience at WDW, we need to let someone know imho. I won't say that lots of negative feedback will necessarily result in changes, but I believe that lack of negative feedback allows for justification of the status quo. :)

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom