DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

DisneyManOne

I don't understand this argument? All indications are that the Muppets attraction at DHS is going to stay, and also there is a chance that Pizza Planet is going to be rethemed to Muppets. If the second point actually occurs, this is a pretty good indication that Disney thinks keeping the Muppets at the park is a good idea. Where does the TV show come into play here?

People believe that if the show tanks, public interest in the Muppet will waver, and Disney, always trying to pick up with whatever keeps the masses happy, will close it.

boufa

Like this post a billion trillion times. YES! That is what should have happened. Ah, what should have been... :(
Sadly in this day and age, a flashy title is more important than an actually good concept. Harry Potter again is to blame. I know nothing about Harry Potter, the theme park attractions, or the movies, yet I have some interest in finding out what its all about. Avatar is known, at least for now, to the people. Half of the advertising is done, just with the name. Beastly Kingdom... what's that?!?!? Sure we know, but as has been said and ignored on these forums continuously, fans like us make up 0.00000001% of the Disney guest base. (and I might be over stating it!)

We would get very excited for it, but like Rivers of Light... I am jazzed, can't wait. Much bigger in my opinion that the Frozeway stuff... but in the end, the Frozeway stuff will draw far more crowds than Rivers of Light. And by crowds, I mean adding people to the overall resort, not dictating which park they will visit once they get here. (Or to put it another way, A Frozeway commercial will cause more people to pickup the phone and order tickets, than the Rivers of Light.)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
do you think Indiana Jones is more likely to be in Phase 3 or Phase 4 in terms of what it's future is going to be. I have seen the DHS permits on screamscape and it has the show and muppetvision 3D safe. view the map yourself on screamscape. All the areas highlighted in blue are goners including LMA-closing on April 2nd. Ask me this...can a show still close if it has high attendance numbers? Are you sure the show is booked for events until 2018?

To me, whether the venue is booked until 2018 or not is irrelevant, because I can't see Disney making an agreement like that without a clause that would allow them to provide an alternate venue.

To me, whether the venue is booked until 2018 or not is irrelevant, because I can't see Disney making an agreement like that without a clause that would allow them to provide an alternate venue.
But if the show is still attracting plenty of guests currently today if anyone on this board has been to DHS...has checked out indy show attendance? Are lines still long? Your the only member on here that seems to want to talk about Indiana Jones future,other dhs attractions everyone else seems to be ignoring it. I'm also sad that Lma is closing it's doors. It should come back to a newer location in the park...I've never seen it. Pretty sure others haven't either. Got to go all the way to Paris to see it??

To me their also needs to be one more section added to DHS instead of star wars & toy story...why not bring cars into the equation...and keep the name pixar place. Incredibles, monsters Inc need to come into play as well. Everyone except danlb_2000 is ignoring Ijess like it's a piece of garbage. It's a part of dhs expansion like it or not guys.

Indiana Jones epic stunt spectacular...what I mean if it's here to stay after Disney anniversary which is 2021?;at least update the show. Or bring in a indy e-ticket attraction (new version) maybe no dinosaur AK clone but a flume ride? Revenge of the mummy style track at UO? Remember the mine cart chase scene in the temple of doom? Turn that into a ride perhaps? Something will be done with dr. Jones at dhs because Bob iger once again confirmed a 5th film in the franchise...with or without Harrison Ford.

P_Radden

But if the show is still attracting plenty of guests currently today if anyone on this board has been to DHS...has checked out indy show attendance? Are lines still long? Your the only member on here that seems to want to talk about Indiana Jones future,other dhs attractions everyone else seems to be ignoring it. I'm also sad that Lma is closing it's doors. It should come back to a newer location in the park...I've never seen it. Pretty sure others haven't either. Got to go all the way to Paris to see it??
1. When I was there between Christmas and New Years IJSS was packed.
2. I've never done LMA either, but I really don't care because from what I can tell it's not all that great anyway. So who cares if it is closing?

To me their also needs to be one more section added to DHS instead of star wars & toy story...why not bring cars into the equation...and keep the name pixar place. Incredibles, monsters Inc need to come into play as well. Everyone except danlb_2000 is ignoring Ijess like it's a piece of garbage. It's a part of dhs expansion like it or not guys.

Have you not been following this thread? My suggestion to you: Calm down. Get a tasty beverage and reread through this thread. All your points have been discussed over and over.

1. When I was there between Christmas and New Years IJSS was packed.
2. I've never done LMA either, but I really don't care because from what I can tell it's not all that great anyway. So who cares if it is closing?

Have you not been following this thread? My suggestion to you: Calm down. Get a tasty beverage and reread through this thread. All your points have been discussed over and over.

Do you mean that as a insult? I'm just confused what's going on with indy...screams cape I contacted and they replied saying that Indiana Jones show isn't going anywhere due to its high attendance numbers..Lance Hart the leader of that website said it could stay forever. Now others say it will eventually close for star wars expansion not sure what the truth is. That's what's frustrating me. 3rd thing is an indy ride could come which I'm sure to guys that's like a 20% chance of happening. Their is no time line for the fate of this attraction

P_Radden

Do you mean that as a insult? I'm just confused what's going on with indy...screams cape I contacted and they replied saying that Indiana Jones show isn't going anywhere due to its high attendance numbers..Lance Hart the leader of that website said it could stay forever. Now others say it will eventually close for star wars expansion not sure what the truth is. That's what's frustrating me. 3rd thing is an indy ride could come which I'm sure to guys that's like a 20% chance of happening. Their is no time line for the fate of this attraction
Sry, no insult intended. From what I understand Indiana Jones will be around for at least a while. 1 yr, 2 yrs I don't know. IMO DHS needs IJSS to remain open until at lest TSL is open. At that point work on SWL will have been well underway, and then they can close IJSS IF that is to become part of the SWL footprint.

Mikejakester

You read like you are about to go medieval on someone. lol dude... chillax. It's just a show (and it's slowly looking outdated with each year that passes) But don't freak out. Even if they close the show Disney is bound to probably bring something back with that IP. Remember Disney has a big stake on Indiana Jones, I am sure this will get addressed once we are closer to the release date and plans of the next film (there are some news today that mention Harrison and Spielberg will be coming back). But for now, get your star wars and TSL coffee mugs ready.

Incomudro

You read like you are about to go medieval on someone. lol dude... chillax. It's just a show (and it's slowly looking outdated with each year that passes) But don't freak out. Even if they close the show Disney is bound to probably bring something back with that IP. Remember Disney has a big stake on Indiana Jones, I am sure this will get addressed once we are closer to the release date and plans of the next film (there are some news today that mention Harrison and Spielberg will be coming back). But for now, get your star wars and TSL coffee mugs ready.

Yes, I find it odd they would close the Indy show - when they opened up a restaurant in Disney Springs that pays homage to the films.
Jock Lindsey's is kind of disjointed without a connection to an attraction if you ask me.

elchippo

My wish, as they develop the phases after Star Wars and Toy Story that they kept any area smaller like the Muppets Courtyard OR vague enough that would allow multiple IPs to exist within them. How many "Muppet Courtyard" sized areas could fit into the size of space they have planned for TSL? An attraction, a food location, and maybe meet n greet depending on the theme would suffice for me for any future plans. Everyone seems so happy with California Adventure (never been there myself) and how its very much a park for the Disney FANS that I don't see why there hasn't been any talk of developing areas and attractions based around Silly Symphonies, early Mickey, Oswald, etc. like DCA.

DisneyManOne

My wish, as they develop the phases after Star Wars and Toy Story that they kept any area smaller like the Muppets Courtyard OR vague enough that would allow multiple IPs to exist within them. How many "Muppet Courtyard" sized areas could fit into the size of space they have planned for TSL? An attraction, a food location, and maybe meet n greet depending on the theme would suffice for me for any future plans. Everyone seems so happy with California Adventure (never been there myself) and how its very much a park for the Disney FANS that I don't see why there hasn't been any talk of developing areas and attractions based around Silly Symphonies, early Mickey, Oswald, etc. like DCA.

Well, this idealized version of a DHS expansion (http://www.themeparktourist.com/features/20140703/19010/ideal-build-out-disney-hollywoodland-park) contained something called Timeless River, a land based upon the original black-and-white shorts Disney did. However, since the drawing places the land where a good chunk of Toy Story Land will be, I don't think it would be feasible.
Blog+-+MGM+V.PNG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom