DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

El Grupo

Regarding infrastructure, if a parking garage is built on existing lots, where will guests park during its construction?

Will Disney shuttle those guests from another area of the WDW property?

Disneyhead'71

Regarding infrastructure, if a parking garage is built on existing lots, where will guests park during its construction?

Will Disney shuttle those guests from another area of the WDW property?
The Garage will probably be built on the nether regions lot. It is usually not utilized. But if necessary they can use Epcots lots and bus people over.

Lynn Stephens

"I just don't see a huge increase in guests during construction. Most families will see less attractions and still spend one half day there on a park hopper. I cannot think of the last time I saw the DHS parking lot packed."

Besides that one Villains thing & Christmas Day 1990, and Star Wars Weekends....

SYRIK2000

"I just don't see a huge increase in guests during construction. Most families will see less attractions and still spend one half day there on a park hopper. I cannot think of the last time I saw the DHS parking lot packed."

Besides that one Villains thing & Christmas Day 1990, and Star Wars Weekends....

It does pick up for the Osborne lights. I'm sure they'll have a well organized plan ready.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There is no other way to expand the park. If the footprint is expanding, it has to be that way and/or into the parking lot. With a $1.5bn infrastructure number, they are doing both.

The only rumors I have heard about the footprint expanding are it pushing out in to the parking lot and a garage being added to compensate. So expansion to the south is just armchair imagineering at this point. I don't have a problem with discussing this idea, but lets not paint it as fact.

Disneyhead'71

They could always move Star Wars Weekends to World Showcase during construction. Like maybe the French Pavilion.

El Grupo

The Garage will probably be built on the nether regions lot. It is usually not utilized. But if necessary they can use Epcots lots and bus people over.

Makes sense. Unless they simply want to allow guests an easy stroll from the garage to the park (or a short ride on a moving sidewalk). Thus, building closer to the gates.

In that case, I suppose Disney could just park guests at the farther sections of the existing lot during construction.

UpAllNight

Weirdly just had a friend return from Disney to the UK, and he said Studios was the only Disney park he would do again. Says a lot about the current state of Disney World :(

Edit - They went with a 12 year old boy too. I really worry Disney are becoming irrelevant to a large audience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom