DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

ToTBellHop

Honestly, buddy, I'd have to disagree with you. Fantasmic! is perfect--practically the king of all Disney nighttime spectaculars--although, it could do with a bit of an update (maybe we could replace the Pocahontas sequence, expand on the villain sequence, replace the cheap-looking riverboat with a less-cheap-looking riverboat, freshen up the audio and visuals, etc.)

And also, WDW is getting a World-of-Color-esque show in the form of the Rivers of Light show coming to Animal Kingdom.
No, no it is not. Rivers of Light has very little in common with World of Color. It's on the water and has fountains. That is the end of the similarity. It's as similar to WoC as it is to IllumiNations.

I am confident Fantasmic is on its way out regardless. The question is: fireworks or a new show in the HHA?

Your parenthetical qualifiers make it seem less and less like the king of anything, btw.

WDWLover#1

Here's a recent post from Theme Park Tourist regarding a rumor about DHS' attraction state now...

"Hot on the heels of the announcement of the imminent demise of The Magic of Disney Animation, rumors have started swirling about MORE potential attractions that could be on the chopping block at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Theme Park Insider has rounded up all of the rumored closures and the list is quite staggering, including:

- MuppetVision 3D
- One Man’s Dream
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Lights! Motors! Action!
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular

If this list is indeed accurate, that would leave Disney’s Hollywood Studios with just over a dozen attractions (with only 5 rides among them), which would cripple this park. With these hypothetical closures in mind, it’s easy to wonder if it might be better for Disney to simply close this park altogether while work is being done to revamp it, as the remaining lineup would be stretching even the most liberal definition of “half day park”.

Confidence level: 75% Though it seems almost unfathomable that Disney’s Hollywood Studios would close more attractions in the near future, the massive swath of changes coming to the park may make such drastic changes necessary, lending some real credibility to this rumor."

Given this information, I honestly think closing Muppet*Vision would be terrible. The Muppets are timeless, and they deserve more park presence (maybe they could use the park-wide makeover as a chance to finally build the fabled Muppet Studios area *fingers tightly crossed*).

Also, I believe that they could just close One Man's Dream at the park, and then move it over to the Magic Kingdom, possibly in the space of the Town Square Theater...

But, I'm getting ahead of myself. What do you guys think?
I believe this to be, if not all, accurate
Edit-the closures yes not the movement of where they would go. Town Square Theatre doesn't make sense at all.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Wrong and people like you that HAVE NO CLUE how Boards work would think like that. Sorry Buddy you do not bring your BOD to Orlando for a major meeting for announcements in 2017 and 2019....and because you have no idea you get in your time capsule and emerge in 2017 and you will be clueless.....sorry Iger has a timeline and what will be announced will take 2-3 years to build but NO sir your premise would be based on a normal BOD meeting at an annual meeting....but because I work for a Chairman of a Major Corporation and set Board Meeting Agendas, have sit in on Board Meetings, arranged off site meetings and have had my boss travel all over because he sits on 5 other boards.....I KNOW WHAT IT MEANS when your BOD has an off year off site meeting with Major Cap Exp....so NO it will not be in 2017 or 2019 it will be coming this year to commence with a Major Marketing Push to build anticipation for Star War franchise and to set tone for Vacation Planning, Spending and Buzz.....

Disney can get publicity any time they want it, they dont need to announce things at D23 to get the hype they want. Disney tends to be very controlled in how they release information. A couple years ago the had more details about Avatar and the other AK projects but instead of announcing it at D23 in the US, they waited a couple weeks and released the info at D23 Japan. Last year they had a Frozen special on TV but waited a few weeks afrer to annouce the new ride. I gave gotten my hopes about Disney announcements and been disapointed to many times.

BTW, if you plan to respond and call me clueless then please do not bother.

Last edited:

jt04

I believe this to be, if not all, accurate
Edit-the closures yes not the movement of where they would go. Town Square Theatre doesn't make sense at all.

I am thinking that the Disney family would like to take charge of Walt's legacy and that things are moving slowly in that direction. Meaning OMD is not likely to be at WDW in the future.

Purely speculating on this but it does seem to be the trend.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
If you think the rumors are bad now wait till they actually announce this stuff! Not only will we have every message board, forum, and fan site turning out rumors the Main Stream Media will be all about reporting "facts" about Disney's biggest project in florida in decades! They will have their so called "experts" on CNN, MSNBC, or Fox and the like talking about how this or that is going to be and how they know the industry and the IP's. While all of us where will be with Dave, Lee, Martin, danlb, and the rest (sorry if I missed anyone) getting the real news and laughing at how crazy all these other guys sound! It will be a good time lol.

Finally I have to say if Muppets is closing it will be sad news. However Theme Park Tourist seems to have just taken every fan rumor and compiled it into one article, surprised they left out Mama Melrose! But its nothing that we don't expect really, rides and attractions are going to close for this expansion, we know this, however like some of the insiders have been saying this seems to be a systematic roll out things will go off line new things will come online and then others will close. The only truth in that article is that it is a hard sell if everything is closed.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
If you think the rumors are bad now wait till they actually announce this stuff! Not only will we have every message board, forum, and fan site turning out rumors the Main Stream Media will be all about reporting "facts" about Disney's biggest project in florida in decades! They will have their so called "experts" on CNN, MSNBC, or Fox and the like talking about how this or that is going to be and how they know the industry and the IP's. While all of us where will be with Dave, Lee, Martin, danlb, and the rest (sorry if I missed anyone) getting the real news and laughing at how crazy all these other guys sound! It will be a good time lol.

Finally I have to say if Muppets is closing it will be sad news. However Theme Park Tourist seems to have just taken every fan rumor and compiled it into one article, surprised they left out Mama Melrose! But its nothing that we don't expect really, rides and attractions are going to close for this expansion, we know this, however like some of the insiders have been saying this seems to be a systematic roll out things will go off line new things will come online and then others will close. The only truth in that article is that it is a hard sell if everything is closed.

My only point with this thread is a (vain) attempt to calm down the rumors before D23.... Of course I'll gladly do CNN & MSNBC for the appropriate appearance fee.

Captain Neo

My only point with this thread is a (vain) attempt to calm down the rumors before D23.... Of course I'll gladly do CNN & MSNBC for the appropriate appearance fee.

I have received hush hush information about the expansion from a high level source. They tell me to expect an entire Lone Ranger section added to Hollywood studios where the Indiana jones stunt show is now and a John carter e-ticket! Star Wars land will be built in the current parking lot. I can't name my source but he is in a position to know. For now i can only refer to him as B. Iger

toolsnspools

Wrong and people like you that HAVE NO CLUE how Boards work would think like that. Sorry Buddy you do not bring your BOD to Orlando for a major meeting for announcements in 2017 and 2019....and because you have no idea you get in your time capsule and emerge in 2017 and you will be clueless.....sorry Iger has a timeline and what will be announced will take 2-3 years to build but NO sir your premise would be based on a normal BOD meeting at an annual meeting....but because I work for a Chairman of a Major Corporation and set Board Meeting Agendas, have sit in on Board Meetings, arranged off site meetings and have had my boss travel all over because he sits on 5 other boards.....I KNOW WHAT IT MEANS when your BOD has an off year off site meeting with Major Cap Exp....so NO it will not be in 2017 or 2019 it will be coming this year to commence with a Major Marketing Push to build anticipation for Star War franchise and to set tone for Vacation Planning, Spending and Buzz.....
Take a deep breath. You ok? In about 33 days we'll find out what they announce. Until then, we speculate... IMO the best way to hype the DHS makeover would be to say nothing about it. Nada, zilch, nothing... Let the construction walls go up, close half the park, rip up the parking lots to put in a massive garage, but officially say nothing. Let the speculators write the story for you. You then have a big reveal about 6-12 months before it opens, just in time for half of America to plan their next WDW vacation.

jt04

By which time the "Park which Must Not Be Named" will have constructed 6-8 E-Tickets and a few thousand hotel rooms. Meanwhile the mommy bloggers will be gushing about the new X-wing spinners and TSPL as the 'Greatest Ever'...

Disney is playing a really dangerous game here.

By proving the cynics wrong? Nah.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
By proving the cynics wrong? Nah.

No danger of Disney proving the Cynics wrong, It will be interesting to see just how far Disney undershoots the mark.

3 Billion - Based on estimates that Mermaid and 7DMT combined cost 350-400 Million for a 'Meh experience somehow I just can't get excited about what is allegedly budgeted for DHS since the roads/infrastructure rework alone will probably be 1-1.5 Billion probably leaving 1.5-2.0 billion for attractions and with the economy going back into the tank we will probably see a redux of Disney 2008 where planned expansion for WDW was cancelled.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom