DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Sam Magic

So just to get a visual on the DHS situation and our general speculation as to what is happening or what could happen, here's a colored and labeled map I made (note: Earful tower accidentally got erased when I was editing, but I suspect it will be moved to another location because of Pixar):

10hvzbk.png

So basically I'm thinking that Star Wars will go in the area where Star Tours and Indy call home, maybe a little expansion into the area near the road and I suspect that Pixar will take over a nice portion of the backlot. As you can see the Muppet area is in a little flux, but I think it may give way to Star Wars and I would hope that the Muppet's would be moved to the outdoor theater in their own Art Deco themed theater.

For the most part though I believe that DHS will remain open. For one, if rumors that Animation Courtyard will become the site of Bluesky Cellar are to be believed I think that is a dead giveaway that the park will stay open. Secondly I suspect that having all the work going on and keeping the park open could bring some more curious people in to the park, but that has no real concrete evidence. Finally, I think that DHS could survive as a quick park to visit as it will still have three core rides and a show for guests to experience. It may not be much, but Disney will do anything it can to make a buck. To be honest, I wouldn't mind DHS being opened while the renovations are going...more time to enjoy the hat being gone.

Though all of this based on what we have heard up to now and a little bit of my own speculation.

Crazydisneyfanluke

So just to get a visual on the DHS situation and our general speculation as to what is happening or what could happen, here's a colored and labeled map I made (note: Earful tower accidentally got erased when I was editing, but I suspect it will be moved to another location because of Pixar):

10hvzbk.png

So basically I'm thinking that Star Wars will go in the area where Star Tours and Indy call home, maybe a little expansion into the area near the road and I suspect that Pixar will take over a nice portion of the backlot. As you can see the Muppet area is in a little flux, but I think it may give way to Star Wars and I would hope that the Muppet's would be moved to the outdoor theater in their own Art Deco themed theater.

For the most part though I believe that DHS will remain open. For one, if rumors that Animation Courtyard will become the site of Bluesky Cellar are to be believed I think that is a dead giveaway that the park will stay open. Secondly I suspect that having all the work going on and keeping the park open could bring some more curious people in to the park, but that has no real concrete evidence. Finally, I think that DHS could survive as a quick park to visit as it will still have three core rides and a show for guests to experience. It may not be much, but Disney will do anything it can to make a buck. To be honest, I wouldn't mind DHS being opened while the renovations are going...more time to enjoy the hat being gone.

Though all of this based on what we have heard up to now and a little bit of my own speculation.
Wow, if you put it that way, makes DHS seem, plain. Hopefully they have many Pixar IPs to make the park seem more diverse.

mahnamahna101

Wow, if you put it that way, makes DHS seem, plain. Hopefully they have many Pixar IPs to make the park seem more diverse.
Or they'll expand Muppets, and possibly add a couple non-Pixar or Star Wars Cs/Ds to give guests more variety. At least I would hope there's something beyond those two IPs.

Even if 75-80% of the non-infrastructure budget is Star Wars/Pixar ($1.4 billion should be enough for both), that still leaves $400-500 million for smaller enhancements in DHS.

HauntedMansionFLA

10hvzbk.png

Star Wars looks pretty small compared to Pixar :(

Atomicmickey

Anyone heard anything about enhancements to Hollywood Boulevard? I seem to recall hearing about
trolley cars, expansion and such of that area at one point.

D23, git here!

jt04

Keep in mind this is my speculation...Star Wars could also include the Muppet area and some parts of the backlot. Though how many attractions is Star Wars going to get as a part of this expansion? Does anyone know?

Vader's Tower of Terror and Yoda Vision 3D has a ring to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom