DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The only news I know of is the displeasure of the Bobs.

You mean these guys?

1018_wide.jpg

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
:)
Not happy with the proposed plans going forward or not happy with the state of things now? (Is this the story of the rejected Star Wars land all over again?)

I think Dave is saying that they are not happy about the leaks. If they are dumping this much capitol into a project they will want to announce it on their terms with all the media attention and excitement they can muster... not have it slowly leak on the boards. If I am wrond Dave feel free to correct me:)

yensidtlaw1969

Not happy with the leaks.
Honestly, it doesn't even feel like really all that much has leaked yet. I say that with grand respect for our insiders.

The park is closing things left and right. We know they want to go to town with Star Wars. Bob said it himself on TV the other day. Expansion of Pixar is a no-brainer. The big leak has just been the amount - $3.5 billion, with $2.8 or so to Hollywood Studios. Oh yeah, and another name change.

I guess I get them not being thrilled that the cash amount has made it's way to the 'net, but not too much in the way of specifics has. They've still got plenty of cover to be working under (though I'd gladly see someone peel it back!).

jrhwdw

Honestly, it doesn't even feel like really all that much has leaked yet. I say that with grand respect for our insiders.

The park is closing things left and right. We know they want to go to town with Star Wars. Bob said it himself on TV the other day. Expansion of Pixar is a no-brainer. The big leak has just been the amount - $3.5 billion, with $2.8 or so to Hollywood Studios. Oh yeah, and another name change.

I guess I get them not being thrilled that the cash amount has made it's way to the 'net, but not too much in the way of specifics has. They've still got plenty of cover to be working under (though I'd gladly see someone peel it back!).
That's my thoughts exactly!

Brer Panther

Wasn't Iger supposed to stick around until 2018? Considering how slow this project is moving, it probably won't be finished until long after he's gone.

Unplugged

Anything they formally announce will be well received by those not on these forums as well as those of us that are. All respect being paid to our insiders, they can only say enough to let us know this isn't a lost cause, but not enough for us to really know anything hard. So if anything, the current leaks are keeping a major fan base alive. I can honestly say over my last 5 visits, I had gotten to a point where I was ready to sell my DVC, but my wife figured we had a few more "good" years there before my son got older. Fortunately, the leaks followed shortly by actual walls & work has revived my interest. The Bobs have more important things to worry about and should just realize a little leakage in this case maintains the fan base.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom