DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Next Big Thing

Yes, but Mermaid wasn't going to draw a huge number of new guests. I would bet there are a large number of people who will go to whichever Star Wars Land opens first.
The difference is, when a lot of people think "Disney Vacation", they think Orlando. So by opening DL first, you get a bunch of people over there and there will still be an insane influx of crowds to WDW/DHS because... well, Orlando has the highest tourism numbers in the country.

Goofyernmost

The difference is, when a lot of people think "Disney Vacation", they think Orlando. So by opening DL first, you get a bunch of people over there and there will still be an insane influx of crowds to WDW/DHS because... well, Orlando has the highest tourism numbers in the country.
Yea, the thought that there will be a huge influx of people going to California to see something that will be in Florida a few months later is greatly over-estimated, IMO! In fact it might be just jt04. There are a lot of good reasons to go to DLR, but Star Wars isn't one of them.

Mike S

Yea, the thought that there will be a huge influx of people going to California to see something that will be in Florida a few months later is greatly over-estimated, IMO! In fact it might be just jt04. There are a lot of good reasons to go to DLR, but Star Wars isn't one of them.
There are some really dedicated fans out there for both Disney and Star Wars. I think it's entirely possible for people to go to Disneyland just because it opens there first. Plus some have said it'll be longer than just a few months. We won't have any idea until the dates are officially announced though.

raymusiccity

Disney is very skilled at slowing down construction. ;)

I think it's more of being unskilled that's an issue :)

image.jpeg

Mike S

Im sure there will be plenty left to flood DHS gates even a year after DL opens....there will assuredly be differences.

It will be beyond Potter and anyone who denies that is clouded....just look at what a souped up meet and greet can do
I know. I'm just saying there are people who will plan just based on which will be open first.

Goofyernmost

There are some really dedicated fans out there for both Disney and Star Wars. I think it's entirely possible for people to go to Disneyland just because it opens there first. Plus some have said it'll be longer than just a few months. We won't have any idea until the dates are officially announced though.
I have no doubt that there will be some, but, I don't expect a stampede. WDW will be wild and crazy whenever it opens there, but, a trip across the country is pretty extreme for something that in a relatively short period of time will be at their doorstep.

JustInTime

So as of now this feels less like a makeover and more like they are just adding a couple new attractions (which they should have been doing for 10 years, now playing catchup). Is the next phase even going to happen? It seems to me that these two new lands are planned and that is it.

JustInTime

You say that based on what?
Nothing new has been announced. Star Wars is going where phase three was planned. We know there have been massive budget cuts. And Disney is notorious for cutting future planned phases (examples: countries at Epcot, beastly kingdom and pixie hollow for Magic Kingdom). But honestly it's speculation on my part. All signs point to what's announced being all we are getting. We don't even have a new name yet.

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Nothing new has been announced. Star Wars is going where phase three was planned. We know there have been massive budget cuts. And Disney is notorious for cutting future planned phases (examples: countries at Epcot, beastly kingdom and pixie hollow for Magic Kingdom). But honestly it's speculation on my part. All signs point to what's announced being all we are getting. We don't even have a new name yet.
Per more than one source, they still have phase 3 on the books, will we see it? No idea.

As for Star Wars being in Phase three area....who knows? Per all those sources, it was in flux for quite a while. I believe IMO, that where it is going is for speed, to get it completed faster. I do think there will be at least one more addition other than SWL and TSL. In the animation area...not sure if it will be more Pixar or what, but that is my gut feeling. I am not insider, so I am only going by what I have read everywhere, and what the park really needs.

Next Big Thing

TSL and SWL were announced less than a year ago still. I imagine we won't hear anything about a DHS phase 3 project until next D23 as there's no point in announcing before. It's not like a Phase 3 is something that is imminent.

JustInTime

Per more than one source, they still have phase 3 on the books, will we see it? No idea.

As for Star Wars being in Phase three area....who knows? Per all those sources, it was in flux for quite a while. I believe IMO, that where it is going is for speed, to get it completed faster. I do think there will be at least one more addition other than SWL and TSL. In the animation area...not sure if it will be more Pixar or what, but that is my gut feeling. I am not insider, so I am only going by what I have read everywhere, and what the park really needs.
Fingers crossed for phase 3!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom