DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

michmousefan

Last I heard, Cars Land is pretty much dead and it's between Monsteropolis and The Incredibles.

Monsters, Inc. is my lest favorite PIXAR film so I am hoping for The Incredibles.
Well, there's an Incredibles sequel with a release date set... no further developments in the Monsters Inc world, as far as I have heard... but it seems like the concept of a Monstropolis lends itself more to a variety of stores and shops (and attractions) like Cars Land does. If it's another immersive environment they want, that might make more sense. As a (very) ancillary bonus you'd also keep the DCA fans happy by keeping CL exclusive to the west coast.

stretchsje

An Incredibles land would be really neat if it took place at Syndrome's island headquarters complete with the volcano.

I wonder if that would be part of a larger strategy to put superheroes in this park, setting up a non-Pixar Phase 4 of Big Hero 6, Guardians, or whatever else is available at that time.

An update on Indiana jones fifth film that frank Marshall reportedly said they will not recast the title character. So this probably means Harrison ford might return. Ok this doesn't have to do with the SHS Makeover but it could give us a clue as to what they might do with the Indy stunt spectacular right if they wanted to update scenes from a possible fifth Indy film...or they could just create a new Indiana jones ride Orlando version with no clone but a totally new experience. I keep reading screamscape and they responded to me that IJESS might stay forever because it's still drawing in big crowds. Really??????

Kamikaze

An update on Indiana jones fifth film that frank Marshall reportedly said they will not recast the title character. So this probably means Harrison ford might return. Ok this doesn't have to do with the SHS Makeover but it could give us a clue as to what they might do with the Indy stunt spectacular right if they wanted to update scenes from a possible fifth Indy film...or they could just create a new Indiana jones ride Orlando version with no clone but a totally new experience. I keep reading screamscape and they responded to me that IJESS might stay forever because it's still drawing in big crowds. Really??????

I don't know how this was news. It was pretty clear and widely reported that Harrison Ford would only come back for The Force Awakens if they did Indy 5 with him as Indy. What does it mean for the stunt show? Nothing, because Disney would have known this information long ago.

Haymarket2008

I'm pretty sure it has been, more or less, noted that Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular will most likely not survive the next 2-3 years. It takes up a large footprint of backstage that Star Wars land will need. That being said, with the 5th movie in the works and the success of Jock Lindsay's, the franchise is most certainly not dead. I'm sure it is at least one of the many options this park could follow through with.

Matt_Black

I've heard phase 4 will be regular ol' Disney IP, but not Princesses. I was thinking Big Hero 6 or Wreck It Ralph. DHS is definitely going to be the "boy" park.

"Litwak's Arcade" themed land. That way, if Disney wanted, in addition to Fix-It Felix, Hero's Duty, and Sugar Rush attractions, they could also drop some money at a video game company (like Capcom) to pad it out, and maybe take some of the wind out of the sails of Uni and Nintendo.

Disneyhead'71

"Litwak's Arcade" themed land. That way, if Disney wanted, in addition to Fix-It Felix, Hero's Duty, and Sugar Rush attractions, they could also drop some money at a video game company (like Capcom) to pad it out, and maybe take some of the wind out of the sails of Uni and Nintendo.
Don't make me laugh. Disney is in no way concerned about the punk up the road. Nothing Universal does or even Disney does can even dent WDW. They are bullit proof! They could charge a million $$$$ a day and take out all the rides and they would still have to beat people away with sticks!

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
I'd love to see Laugh Floor moved to Monstropolis, and then bring the successful Stitch Encounter attraction since the theatre is already set up for a Living Character Initiative show. You can then shut down SGE and put in something while still having a Stitch presence.

wdwfan4ver

Last I heard, Cars Land is pretty much dead and it's between Monsteropolis and The Incredibles.

Monsters, Inc. is my lest favorite PIXAR film so I am hoping for The Incredibles.
If it is Incredibles or Monsteropolis, I would call the 2009 D23 from a WDW standpoint a complete screw up. Toy Story Land, Incredibles or, Monsteropolis could have been announced at the 2009 D23 instead New Fantasy Land.

The problem with New Fantasy Land is on multiple levels that included later on forcing Epcot to get Frozen. Frozen was made for Fantasy Land, not Epcot based on how Disney is presenting it in Norway. The 2009 version of New Fantasy Land announced turned into a mess that Staggs try to make it better by adding in the Mine Train and Storybook Circus Land. Pixie Hallow was a mistake to begin with and the Little Mermaid ride was a bust considering it being a 10 to 15 minutes the last time I was down at MK.

Fantasyland even wasn't the worst land at MK entering the 2009 D23. Tomorrowland wasn't exactly great at the time and still isn't. MK as a whole wasn't in bad shape compare to Epcot, DHS, AK without Avatar being announced yet at the time.

Star Tours: Adventure Continues announcement at 2009 D23 wasn't enough for DHS despite American Idol Experience.The Star Tours upgrade was great, but it was a band aid to a theme park that had a lot of issues at the time. American Idol Experience not meeting Disney's expectations didn't help matters.

The fact Disney is looking at doing 4 phases at DHS now, shows how screwed up the DHS was in 2009. By now, Disney could have done 2 of the 4 Phases done already based on the ips already were in theaters way before the 2009 D23. MK's only problem entering 2009 D23 was capacity, but DHS, AK and Epcot had bigger issues at the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom