DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Bairstow

You realize that the Twilight Zone was an anthology series with a wide array of stories, yes?

...none of which share as many common elements with the ride as does The Shining.

Besides that, most of the stories featured on the Twilight Zone were highly allegorical, or at least relied upon some twist ending to make some sort of commentary on modern society or human nature- they weren't merely meant to be spooky or scary- again, unlike the ride.

Capsin4

...none of which share as many common elements with the ride as does The Shining.

Besides that, most of the stories featured on the Twilight Zone were highly allegorical, or at least relied upon some twist ending to make some sort of commentary on modern society or human nature- they weren't merely meant to be spooky or scary- again, unlike the ride.
TT adds to TZ and doesn't seem inspired by anything already told in the series. The ride is a story in the TZ anthology. Not a story from it. Serling's narration is very explicit about that.

Bairstow

TT adds to TZ and doesn't seem inspired by anything already told in the series. The ride is a story in the TZ anthology. Not a story from it. Serling's narration is very explicit about that.

That is not what I have been talking about.

Just because the attraction purports to be an "episode" of "The Twilight Zone" doesn't mean it's a good thematic or stylistic fit with the series. It is, in fact, a very poor fit with series, both in tone and purpose. I don't know how many episodes of The "Twilight Zone" you've seen, but terror and horror for the sake of scariness was rarely, if ever the focus of the show. Rather, the stories were mostly allegorical in nature and typically made some commentary about how the flaws of society or the nature of humankind can lead to man's downfall. Ironically, the Tokyo version of the ride, while not licensed at all from the Twilight Zone property, is a much better fit than is the original version(s) of the ride.

berlioz70

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but since it's DHS related I wanted to share that Mickey debuted a new M&G this morning. His last day in the Backlot queue was on Friday. He did 1 day of M&Gs at the Chinese Theatre yesterday, and today started meeting up in sound stage 4. This is the former location of Legends of Captain Jack Sparrow.

The set decoration was moved from the backlot to sound stage 4, and it still has a "hot set" type feel. The M&G is now inside, though part of the queue line is outside.

Here are a couple photos:

Old Backlot Queue:
19658647252_67151ce16c_b.jpg

New sound stage 4:
21844264504_43ddd9f8ee_b.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but since it's DHS related I wanted to share that Mickey debuted a new M&G this morning. His last day in the Backlot queue was on Friday. He did 1 day of M&Gs at the Chinese Theatre yesterday, and today started meeting up in sound stage 4. This is the former location of Legends of Captain Jack Sparrow.

The set decoration was moved from the backlot to sound stage 4, and it still has a "hot set" type feel. The M&G is now inside, though part of the queue line is outside.

Here are a couple photos:

Old Backlot Queue:
19658647252_67151ce16c_b.jpg

New sound stage 4:
21844264504_43ddd9f8ee_b.jpg

Moving into that space seems odd, because it is rumored that this building will be demolished to make way for TSL.

YodaMan

Moving into that space seems odd, because it is rumored that this building will be demolished to make way for TSL.

But if One Mans Dream is still rumored to leave in January, then that's still two more months the Sparrow building will sit empty. Makes sense to move it now (even if temporarily) so work can begin over by Backlot in the mean time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom