DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
This, I'm kind of surprised more people haven't mentioned this. My issue is what happens in the future if they fill out the whole park with IP based lands. I can see Disney building a Star Wars based attraction in 20 years but what happens if they build a Cars or Monsters land? Say Toy Story 4, Cars 3 and Monsters University are the last movies based on their respective IP's that Disney ever makes. If Disney were to build a multi-acre land based on Monsters or Cars, would they really fill out the land with a new attraction in 10+ years?
They are creating immersive IP franchise-driven lands because this is Disney's Hollywood Studios/Park to be Named Later, which is going to be a park about walking through the fourth wall into the worlds of these movies-- this is not about visiting a Magic Kingdom or a Studio as in the past.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

There will always be certain elements that have to remain the same, but, the show is far more interesting and there is no reason why those of us on the east coast cannot enjoy it and not just the super fanbois out in California.
I agree. I wouldn't mind if we got a clone of Radiator Springs Racers, nor would I mind if Disneyland got a clone of Dinosaur or whatever.

What would the plan be for an entire land themed to Monsters Inc. besides the much-talked about Door Coaster? Dark Ride? Spinner? M&G?
Well, they could move the Laugh Floor there...

dizneycrazy09

I completely agree. I'm all for immersive lands- but not one they might need to tear down in 20 years. Avatar they could easily make beastly kingdom if they ever really needed to. Star Wars, toy story. No problem. But I'd much rather them have several different mini-land areas that touched on several Pixar elements- even Brave, Wall-E, Up, and some of the less represented IPs.
I'd think that'd be a smart strategy as they can sell numerous merchandise IPs to a multitude of demographics.
I know they're going to do a land- but I wish they'd do 4-5 different mini areas/restaurants/rides/shows/etc instead.

Which is why I was fine with Pixar Place - simple, immersive, and all-encompassing.

dizneycrazy09

I agree. I wouldn't mind if we got a clone of Radiator Springs Racers, nor would I mind if Disneyland got a clone of Dinosaur or whatever.

Well, they could move the Laugh Floor there...

I actually had that typed in the original post and decided to delete it. It can never happen...

...right?

dizneycrazy09

They are creating immersive IP franchise-driven lands because this is Disney's Hollywood Studios/Park to be Named Later, which is going to be a park about walking through the fourth wall into the worlds of these movies-- this is not about visiting a Magic Kingdom or a Studio as in the past.

I disagree that "immersive lands are happening in DHS because that's what DHS is going to be." Immersive lands are what is "popular" right now. Harry Potter, Avatar, Nintendo, Carsland, etc. These lands are happening at parks all around the world, and not just Disney parks. DHS is packaging the "fourth wall" argument to its advantage, but the real reason is because immersive lands are "in."

(Lots of quotation marks, but I felt they were necessary.)

Haymarket2008

So DHS, with 7-10 IP's, is enough to support a whole park? Magic Kingdom has dozens and is brilliant in its' variety. I agree with previous posters in that there could be some problems with LARGE yet few lands. A fully immersive Star Wars Land is necessary, but I am hesitant about taking over SO much real estate to cover 2-3 Pixar properties. If they had gone with the overarching land themed to Pixar, I feel more could be done with it. I'm sure all of the projects lined up for this park will be phenomenal, but way more could be done.

PizzaPlanet

I've seen a video of it from the first person perspective. Looks good, I'm not downing the ride.

I'm simply putting forth that we already have one test track...
I can understand that you feel that way because you have not seen it in person. You really have to experience it for yourself. The animatronics are so lifelike it is unbelievable. It is a far better experience than Test Track, and saying that they are the same because of the vehicles is like saying small world and pirates are the same because they are both boat rides.

matt9112

(Please no Cars for Florida, Please no Cars for Florida, Please no Cars for Florida, Please no Cars for Florida)
20090916_fingers_crossed.jpg
FingersCrossed.jpg
cross-fingers-100712-02.jpg
Hispanic_boy_crossing_fingers_BLD034323.jpg
obama-fingers-crossed.jpg

the only thing i want in Florida that cali has is money.....

matt9112

I have watched it Dave, and there is no comparison. The AA's, the scenery, the story line... nothing other then the type of vehicles used are the same. There will always be certain elements that have to remain the same, but, the show is far more interesting and there is no reason why those of us on the east coast cannot enjoy it and not just the super fanbois out in California.

what you see as the good side of RSR though can be accomplished bu any dark ride done right...it is hardly some ever impressive shoot for the moon feet. (the exterior theming may hold a trophy) but the ride? nah is it well done, of course...shouldn't ANYTHING they make be well done?

PizzaPlanet

If you care about those things you should go ride the forbidden journey it is far superior to anything Disney has to offer on any coast. cross my heart and swear to die.
Forbidden Journey is basically the same thing as sitting at home and watching Harry Potter on my big screen. But I respect your opinion, and I hope you respect mine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom