DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Apparently, that's not a safe assumption. The IP that is the basis for "Stage 3" (the area containing LMA and Catastrophe Canyon) might very well end up being Cars but that isn't set yet and there are reportedly some folks involved in the decision who would prefer to leave that as a DCA exclusive.

As for "Phase 4", Martin's map indicated it would in the the vicinity of the Animation Bldg and backstage around there. IMHO, I think that they'd be using non-Pixar properties in that area.

And there's a large number of people on these forums who would prefer Cars stay a DCA exclusive....

..... We already have test track.

Goofyernmost

(Please no Cars for Florida, Please no Cars for Florida, Please no Cars for Florida, Please no Cars for Florida)
20090916_fingers_crossed.jpg
FingersCrossed.jpg
cross-fingers-100712-02.jpg
Hispanic_boy_crossing_fingers_BLD034323.jpg
obama-fingers-crossed.jpg
Why??? What possible negative would come from having it in Florida as well as California. Last time I looked over 3000 miles separates them. Some of us that aren't going to go to California would like to see it in Florida and I still cannot figure out what logic is used to think it would be a bad thing.
And there's a large number of people on these forums who would prefer Cars stay a DCA exclusive....

..... We already have test track.
If anyone can tell me that Cars, would be anything like Test Track (other then the ride vehicles) I will eat the building. If it's the ride vehicles then boat rides and Omni rides must be thrown out along with spinners, shows, Space Mountain, BTMR, Haunted Mansion, and even Pirates along with a host of others. Oh, and lets not forget the Jungle Cruise and Tiki Room. There has got to be a better reason other then specific people just don't like the Cars franchise. That's not in any way, shape or form a good reason.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Why??? What possible negative would come from having it in Florida as well as California. Last time I looked over 3000 miles separates them. Some of us that aren't going to go to California would like to see it in Florida and I still cannot figure out what logic is used to think it would be a bad thing.

If anyone can tell me that Cars, would be anything like Test Track (other then the ride vehicles) I will eat the building. If it's the ride vehicles then boat rides and Omni rides must be thrown out along with spinners, shows, Space Mountain, BTMR, Haunted Mansion, and even Pirates along with a host of others. Oh, and lets not forget the Jungle Cruise and Tiki Room. There has got to be a better reason other then specific people just don't like the Cars franchise. That's not in any way, shape or form a good reason.

If you ever watch a ride through video of RCR, it's practically a rethemed clone of test track right down to elements that make you go "well why did they put that in?!?" Not just the ride system....

SirLink

If you ever watch a ride through video of RCR, it's practically a rethemed clone of test track right down to elements that make you go "well why did they put that in?!?" Not just the ride system....

Same tech different ride experience ... I fail to remember that Test Track has a race component at the end of the attraction.

SirLink

So you forgot the giant loop, the robots or the Semi truck swerve?

It's the same thing, different theming. Leave it in California. Give Orlando something unique

Robots? Nope. Semi Truck swerve? just because it uses the same effect to get the car into going through RS - and the same plot point was found in many movies to get the protagonist from visiting their original destination. Also the loop outside where two cars are racing against each other is different to what is found in Florida.

It's like saying Transformers and Spiderman shouldn't exist cause they use the same ride system ... it is just silly.

andysol

I forget which insider said it- if it was @Lee or @marni1971 - but I recall them saying that if WDW Did get cars land that it wouldn't get RSR, it would get more of a dark ride instead and unique rides to WDW. The only similarity would be the shops and restaurants themselves.

I'd rather it have that, than a clone of DCA. But I'd much rather they have monstropolis instead. I'm ok with either, but like the majority here, cars is not my preference.

Kman101

A dark ride featuring CARS is fine. Keep the land DCA exclusive.

There was a Monsters door coaster proposed many times for DHS. We've heard Monstropolis was planned for DCA. So many I believe are hopeful the plans are dusted off and used for the new DHS instead. We keep hearing Cars is dead, then it isn't. Monsters is dead dead dead and then maybe it isn't. So we don't know what's happening.

flyerjab

@lentesta, I was listening to a D23 podcast with you and Jim regarding the announcements made for DHS. Jim had indicated in the one podcast that aside from how exciting the news was for Star Wars Land (obviously) and Toy Story Land, it was also fascinating regarding the information that was not announced. He was specifically referring to the Phase 3 Cars Land expansion that is going to be happening (apparently), as well as a Phase 4 expansion that he had heard would be for a Monsters Inc. Land, including the infamous on again/off again Door Coaster.

Have either of you talked about this since then and has anymore been brought to light about this that you could share? As incomplete as the park currently is, it would still be incomplete if these were the only 2 additions.

elchippo

I don't love that every phase has to be a completely immersive land...I wish there was a more vague themed area like Adventureland and Fantasyland that allowed for multiple properties to live....Pixar Place was going to be "the place for things Pixar" but now it's all talk of "Monsters Inc Land" and "Cars Land" and "Avatar Land" etc. You can't put anything but Toy Story into Toy Story land....it really limits things. I've always wanted them to use Streets of America/Backlot area as a jumping off point for housing any urban themed stories....Big Hero 6, and heck, build a FLYNNS arcade façade and put a TRON coaster there instead of Tomorrowland. It would fit so well!

Lee

Adventurer
I forget which insider said it- if it was @Lee or @marni1971 - but I recall them saying that if WDW Did get cars land that it wouldn't get RSR, it would get more of a dark ride instead and unique rides to WDW. The only similarity would be the shops and restaurants themselves.

I'd rather it have that, than a clone of DCA. But I'd much rather they have monstropolis instead. I'm ok with either, but like the majority here, cars is not my preference.
That was the plan at one point. Unclear what the status of Cars Land or RSR is at the moment.
Has Monstropolis ever actually been on the table or is this just a "wishful thinking", arm-chair imagineering suggestion? I keep seeing it pop up, but don't really recall any of the major players suggesting its validity...
Oh, yes...
Still is, and last I heard its in a "loser leave town" match with Cars Land.

@lentesta, I was listening to a D23 podcast with you and Jim regarding the announcements made for DHS. Jim had indicated in the one podcast that aside from how exciting the news was for Star Wars Land (obviously) and Toy Story Land, it was also fascinating regarding the information that was not announced. He was specifically referring to the Phase 3 Cars Land expansion that is going to be happening (apparently), as well as a Phase 4 expansion that he had heard would be for a Monsters Inc. Land, including the infamous on again/off again Door Coaster.

Have either of you talked about this since then and has anymore been brought to light about this that you could share? As incomplete as the park currently is, it would still be incomplete if these were the only 2 additions.
See above.

Goofyernmost

I have watched it Dave, and there is no comparison. The AA's, the scenery, the story line... nothing other then the type of vehicles used are the same. There will always be certain elements that have to remain the same, but, the show is far more interesting and there is no reason why those of us on the east coast cannot enjoy it and not just the super fanbois out in California.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom