DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Professor_Jason

The Studios really needs a lot more to do, the only time we're planning on spending there is on the first night after we've arrived and settled in and that's to ride Tower of Terror as many times as we can and also have a nice dinner and some drinks at the Brown Derby and that's it for Studios for us. One ride and one restaurant. No one in my group is interested in shows or parades. With the exception of one day at Harry Potter we really plan on spending our time at Magic Kingdom and Epcot.

Last edited:

Captain Neo

That was Disneyland's version possibly getting all that.

nah it was for both. Disneyland doesn't have that much land.

Jim wasn't consistent either in one podcast he was saying the echo lake area would become Tatooine and in another podcast he's saying it would become dagobah. This is long after Iger was quoted as saying he didnt want Star Wars land to just keep rehashing stuff from the original trilogy.

Sped2424

Jim wasn't consistent either in one podcast he was saying the echo lake area would become Tatooine and in another podcast he's saying it would become dagobah. This is long after Iger was quoted as saying he didnt want Star Wars land to just keep rehashing stuff from the original trilogy.
According to Micechat this was back when nemo was going to die for Star Wars and that's where the ewok bike coaster would have been. As for the millennium falcon I believe the launchpad or something like that was supposed to be used. Remember Micechat was staying this was back when Tommorrowland would get the star wars makeover and basically become star wars land.

Sam Magic

Exactly. He also mentioned that in one of the models there was a large Death Star? He talked about them having some kind of potter-like Force thing that would happen.

Bocabear

I think the one big difference for California Adventure, though, is that Disneyland is literally 100 feet away. While WDW does encourage park hopping, Disneyland has an entirely different definition of the concept. You can walk back and forth between the two parks and their version of downtown and for many people who stay off property, even your hotel is right across the street or a block away. I think that makes people more forgiving about a lack of rides whereas at WDW you feel stuck and kind of resentful when parks don't have enough to offer. Disneyland and CA have a ton more to do then DHS and AK in my book, though.
But that was the point...people did not care for DCA....and it has over 3 times the amount of rides that DHS has now....

EPCOTCenterLover

Now, I can easily spend a full day at DCA. Cars Land alone is a couple of hours or three when you ride Radiator Springs Racers and Junkyard Jamboree, eat lunch or breakfast there, and go through the incredibly well themed shops with unique merchandise. Just roaming the land and taking photos is a treat. You have to see it to believe it.

Does DCA still need improvement? Absolutely- but in its current state, it is a much stronger park than DHS ever was.

Haymarket2008

Having just got back from Disneyland, I cannot picture a suitable place for Star Wars. It's going to stick out like a very sore thumb in either of the two parks. The space issue in Anaheim is a very real thing. It's TINY.

Sam Magic

I agree with you 100%. Imagine how epic an ice castle on top of a mountain could have been. I could go overboard on the armchair imagineering with this... roller coaster through the ice castle/ mountain... ice skating in the courtyard... a Sven spinner... Modern princess character meal... and I would even throw in a boat dark ride;)
You should stop by the Imagineering forum from time to time ;)

TheScreed

Yeah I love that ride too. The secret for me is to scream, yell, and haller during the ride. If I do I don't get sick. If I don't I get sick

I presume that every other person in the capsule is a member of your party. If you are screaming and yelling in that tiny little cabin while strangers are enjoying the ride, I'm sure the strangers would prefer that you stay quiet and throw up later.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I presume that every other person in the capsule is a member of your party. If you are screaming and yelling in that tiny little cabin while strangers are enjoying the ride, I'm sure the strangers would prefer that you stay quiet and throw up later.
Can you imagine being in that tiny capsule for the duration of the ride after someone has yacked?

danheaton

I really like the Disney Dish podcast, but Hill tends to do this a lot. I think it's more about how much things keep changing than anything else. He's going by what he's been told, but Disney keeps changing. Still, it can be confusing to figure out what's happening.

Sam Magic

I really like the Disney Dish podcast, but Hill tends to do this a lot. I think it's more about how much things keep changing than anything else. He's going by what he's been told, but Disney keeps changing. Still, it can be confusing to figure out what's happening.
Basically what I have gotten from his podcasts is that Disney does not want to half-bum this project. They want it to truly blow people out of the water and be the Potter swatter they need. They aren't going to settle for things that have been done before with Star Wars, but really change the game.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom