DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Mike S

I'm sure if they really want to do so then they will. But I didn't feel warm and fuzzy about Fantasyland. It took too long to complete by my standards and really isn't that amazing. They should have waited for Frozen additions, this comes from an uncle who's nieces adore when I give them free tickets to the MK. They tell me even though they like Snow White and Ariel, it's not with frozen or Rapunzel. They used characters that have been at the MK for years, or in the case of the little mermaid, left the park for a while, instead of adding newer characters. But as of late I'm very disappointed with them trying to use what's within the budget. You know, John Hammond was based on Walt Disney, he used to spare no expense, clearly, TWDC no longer cares about giving a great product they just want to half a** everything and save money at the same time. If the reboot of the Star Tours was a sign of what is to come, boy oh boy not impressed. Although I was disappointed with the Hogwarts express. I thought it would be a full loop, not a cable pulley system that reverses into Kings Cross. But oh well the little ones enjoy it anyways.
What's wrong with Star Tours? That has to be one of best refreshes of an aging ride I've ever seen.

ULPO46

What's wrong with Star Tours? That has to be one of best refreshes of an aging ride I've ever seen.
you can refresh a ride, but the fact that its still the same simulator isn't exactly an original Imagineering project. This Star Wars land is long over due. For instance Frozen at Epcot, we will still know the same layout as being that of Maelstrom. It's not original. Either build something by tearing everything down except current star tours and start from the ground up or it's just putting a Band-Aid on a large hole. 3.5 sounds like a lot of money sure. But when everyone's rumors show a lot of ideas and possibility's the less likely and un realistic some of these redeveloped projects seem. Cars land alone cost 1.1 Billion yet they broke into the parking lot for that one. It's not like they had to remove former attractions and build within the walls of a theme park that is still operating as the 8th most visited theme park in the world. I know I get worked up about these projects but some of these rumors just seem to good to be true!

Mike S

you can refresh a ride, but the fact that its still the same simulator isn't exactly an original Imagineering project. This Star Wars land is long over due. For instance Frozen at Epcot, we will still know the same layout as being that of Maelstrom. It's not original. Either build something by tearing everything down except current star tours and start from the ground up or it's just putting a Band-Aid on a large hole. 3.5 sounds like a lot of money sure. But when everyone's rumors show a lot of ideas and possibility's the less likely and un realistic some of these redeveloped projects seem. Cars land alone cost 1.1 Billion yet they broke into the parking lot for that one. It's not like they had to remove former attractions and build within the walls of a theme park that is still operating as the 8th most visited theme park in the world. I know I get worked up about these projects but some of these rumors just seem to good to be true!
DCA as a whole cost $1 billion, not just Cars Land.

dreamscometrue

I'm excited by the budget, its potential and the areas concerned. I have no SW specifics apart from the original plans that were scrapped.
I've been on here 10 years @marni1971 and I think this is the most excited I've 'seen' you. This gives me hope :)

(On another note, I just watched your Ultimate Tribute to 20K video...absolutely wonderful! I learned a lot. It's now in my top 3 favourites of yours, along with the Tower of Terror Ultimate Tribute and The American Adventure Tribute. Thanks for doing these awesome, labour intensive projects. Cheers.)

UpAllNight

Ooo, ooo, oo! 2.5 hours of entertainment. That gives me 6 or 7 hours to eat and hang out in shops. Not a DHS "hater", but that was about the most damning "defense" that I have ever read...

I just like options rather than going on things I don't particularly want to just to fill out the day.

And if there's too much to do, I'll come back again. I had a 14 day Disney Pass that I was more than willing to use, I went to Magic. Kingdom 2.5 days, Epcot .5, Studios 1, Animal Kingdom 1 and Typhoon Lagoon. Disney missed out on potentially 8 days from us because we couldn't justify going back to 3 of the 4 parks, as much as we enjoyed what was there.

Actually went to Seaworld twice as well which may shock people, but the shows had more 're-ridability' and I'm a sucker for Manta.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Its old enough to drink.

Also makes me throw up. Simulators... ugh.
Close your eyes. Skip the 3-D glasses. Drop your head as close to your knees as the restraints allow. Act like a trooper (no pun intended), so Hubby feels compelled to ride ToT and RnRC with you later.

Works for me, 'cause yeah, simulators ... ugh!
And might I add ... :depressed: :hungover:

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Close your eyes. Skip the 3-D glasses. Drop your head as close to your knees as the restraints allow. Act like a trooper (no pun intended), so Hubby feels compelled to ride ToT and RnRC with you later.

Works for me, 'cause yeah, simulators ... ugh!
And might I add ... :depressed: :hungover:

Im fine with hanging out in the store and taking photos....

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Ooo, ooo, oo! 2.5 hours of entertainment. That gives me 6 or 7 hours to eat and hang out in shops. Not a DHS "hater", but that was about the most damning "defense" that I have ever read...

You do realize that that list still didn't include Star Tours, Tower of Terror, Rockin' Roller Coaster and Toy Story Mania? That's a half day park.. Which is what my point was coming across as. ... . .. By the way, did you eat your snickers bar today? You seem to get a little cranky when you're hungry.

Fox&Hound

As much as I enjoy California Adventure, I really hope DHS doesn't turn into something like that. Even after their overhaul there STILL isn't enough to do to fill half your day. DHS deserves a lot more.

I think the one big difference for California Adventure, though, is that Disneyland is literally 100 feet away. While WDW does encourage park hopping, Disneyland has an entirely different definition of the concept. You can walk back and forth between the two parks and their version of downtown and for many people who stay off property, even your hotel is right across the street or a block away. I think that makes people more forgiving about a lack of rides whereas at WDW you feel stuck and kind of resentful when parks don't have enough to offer. Disneyland and CA have a ton more to do then DHS and AK in my book, though.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes

I am not defending DHS and its current state. However, we will be in the parks 7 days the first week of August. The day that is most filled is the DHS day. Of course, this is caused by a bunch of cheaply produced Frozen events, but I have a 6 year old daughter. So, the Frozen stuff is somewhat anticipated for our family.

HauntedMansionFLA

I am not defending DHS and its current state. However, we will be in the parks 7 days the first week of August. The day that is most filled is the DHS day. Of course, this is caused by a bunch of cheaply produced Frozen events, but I have a 6 year old daughter. So, the Frozen stuff is somewhat anticipated for our family.
Disney missed an opportunity when they didn't put Frozen in DHS instead of EPCOT. They could have a nice Frozen land with a dark ride, meet and greet area, sing a long theatre, nice dining and retail options to choose from. It would have gone good with Star Wars, Pixar and other attractions. Got to have items for the princess demographic.

Last edited:

Mike S

Disney missed an opportunity when they didn't put Frozen in DAK instead of EPCOT. They could have a nice Frozen land with a dark ride, meet and greet area, sing a long theatre, nice dining and retail options to choose from. It would have gone good with Star Wars, Pixar and other attractions. Got to have items for the princess demographic.
I'm sure you meant DHS, in which case I agree with you 100%.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
Disney missed an opportunity when they didn't put Frozen in DHS instead of EPCOT. They could have a nice Frozen land with a dark ride, meet and greet area, sing a long theatre, nice dining and retail options to choose from. It would have gone good with Star Wars, Pixar and other attractions. Got to have items for the princess demographic.

I agree with you 100%. Imagine how epic an ice castle on top of a mountain could have been. I could go overboard on the armchair imagineering with this... roller coaster through the ice castle/ mountain... ice skating in the courtyard... a Sven spinner... Modern princess character meal... and I would even throw in a boat dark ride;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom