DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Crazydisneyfanluke

Okay, here goes. Props to those who supplied and broke information, like @WDW1974, @Lee, and a bunch others I'm reluctant to tag because we don't want information traced back....

I will try and update this first post as information comes out.

(And I'm starting this list mostly because I'm tired of retyping this stuff in every thread.)

Also, keep an eye on the Front Page of the site as @wdwmagic always posts anything on note there.

Very Likely to Happen:

DHS ($2.8B-ish)
  • Star Wars
  • Pixar
  • Infrastructure. Possibly a parking garage.
  • Blue Sky Cellar
Epcot ($350m-ish)
  • Illuminations replacement/overhaul
MK ($350m-ish)
  • (Nothing nailed down at the moment)

Stuff thats simply rumored and unconfirmed, but comes from a good source.

MK
DHS
  • Realignment of the Entrance/Exit Roads. (Via @danlb_2000 Permits suggest likely)

Everything else out there is exactly that, simply out there, unlikely or has been otherwise discounted.

DHS
  • Indy. Simply no indication from any sources that its coming.
  • Muppets. Nothing about them coming or going.
Epcot
  • Inside Out. Simply fan speculation at the moment
MK
  • New Night Parade? We're hopeful. Speculation that Jacobson is trying to work on one but nothing concrete. In a conversation with @Jose Steve Jacobson Davidson shot this idea down. Ce' La Vie.
  • Possible Wishes replacement. (Again, Nothing solid but recently mentioned)

Last Updated: 7/13
Would the transportation upgrades for the MK parking lot be included in the $350mill for MK?

matt9112

Well that's a full on centrifuge.... Great idea but a complete lack of realizing that a substantial percentage cannot ride that without getting ill
i love mission space...i think most of the population is just useless..ok im kidding...sort of.
Different budget.

honestly do they need the extra lot space? when they do phased closings on peak days who give a hoot how many extra cars can park? its full its full?

ToTBellHop

i love mission space...i think most of the population is just useless..ok im kidding...sort of.

honestly do they need the extra lot space? when they do phased closings on peak days who give a hoot how many extra cars can park? its full its full?
But how magical is it parking in the grass for $17?

doctornick

ThemeParkInsider is pretty trusted and I have a hunch where they got this info. Very likely this is legit.

Interesting if true because the info seems to conflict with what insiders here have said:

Still, when a theme park gets to the point of hiring outside construction help, that means that the project is a go and shovels are ready to hit the ground. Fans should expect visible construction work to begin on Star Wars Land in the park not long after the official announcement, unlike with the Avatar project, where designs weren't completed and a contractor wasn't hired for a few years after Disney's initial announcement of the land. (Or, FWIW, any of Universal's projects, where the attractions are darn near well completed before Universal bothers to make a formal announcement.)

As for Star Wars Land at the Disneyland Resort, most of what we are hearing from insiders suggests that project will run slightly behind the Walt Disney World version, so we are expecting an opening date at Disneyland at least a year or more behind Walt Disney World's, though we are not convinced that is a set deal at this point.

zooey

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but has there been any information or hint at what is actually contained within the Star Wars expansion?

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but has there been any information or hint at what is actually contained within the Star Wars expansion?

None whatsoever.

What is out there on various websites is either speculation or the old plans that were shot down by the board.

I don't expect details until after the movie comes out.

This design process seems way more secretive than in past projects and I'm fine with that. Just one extra Christmas present.

El Grupo

This design process seems way more secretive than in past projects and I'm fine with that. Just one extra Christmas present.

Hear, hear! The Holidays (Nov/Dec) could be extra exciting this year with the releases of Star Wars 7, Star Wars: Battlefront 3, Spectre (I know, non-Disney). And maybe, JUST maybe, a broad hint regarding what specifics may be expected with SW in DHS.

matt9112

Hear, hear! The Holidays (Nov/Dec) could be extra exciting this year with the releases of Star Wars 7, Star Wars: Battlefront 3, Spectre (I know, non-Disney). And maybe, JUST maybe, a broad hint regarding what specifics may be expected with SW in DHS.

star wars battle front looks balls....taking an AT-ST out with a launcher...great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom