DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Luigi

I never said my assumptions are fact...
Or that I had assumptions at all and merely made some observations about the released concept art.
Expressing an opinion doesn't automatically imply the person belives their opinion is end all be all written in stone gospel truth. In other words... I was just sayin'
What you said was : "The Carsland characters at least move around and give a little life to the area. A Gigantic buzz lightyear standing monolithicly silent and stationary isn't the same level at all"

How do you know this is what is happening? How do you know there won't be any move around characters? You were dismissing it partly based on this...This is what I meant by your assumptions are not fact.

You have every right to your opinions, I'm just saying we should wait to see more details before we bury this idea like many did with Carsland.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
You mean the Carsland that when it was announced was booed by Disney fans because it was based on a franchise "no one liked", had two "kiddie rides" and a Test Track knockoff "Real original Disney!"...Or maybe you should wait and see more details instead of judging on your assumptions and treating them like fact.

Just my two cents.

You are 100% right on this one.

I am about to give up on posting anything on this site. So many people just are negative about everything. Disney Springs was never going to get built and if it does there are going to be nothing new there. Pandora will never get built and if it does it will not have a boat ride. Star Wars or anything else is not going to be talked about (except in passing) at D23. Star Wars is not going to really happen. Toy Story is not really Disney.

I think Disney has turned around at Walt Disney World and start to invest and invest a lot of money in improvements and new stuff in all the parks. Let's all of us sit back and see what happens before we say all of this is a failure. If you are not happy with what Disney is doing; go to Universal and spend your money there. Don't waste your time talking about how bad something is before it even breaks ground.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
What you said was : "The Carsland characters at least move around and give a little life to the area. A Gigantic buzz lightyear standing monolithicly silent and stationary isn't the same level at all"

How do you know this is what is happening? How do you know there won't be any move around characters? You were dismissing it partly based on this...This is what I meant by your assumptions are not fact.

You have every right to your opinions, I'm just saying we should wait to see more details before we bury this idea like many did with Carsland.

Buzz will probably move, but only when there are no humans present to see him. ;)

Bocabear

I think it is a pretty good assumption when they show artwork that closely matches several other Toy Story theme park franchises that the end result will pretty much look like what we have already seen... it was not a baseless assumption... I liked the Toy Story movies, but their world does not beckon me in...a backyard of discarded toys... not an environment that I could get excited about seeing....especially since we have been looking at the "Honey I Shrink The Kids" Movie Set Adventure for the last 20 years, and giant scattered props around the Disney Budget All Star Hotels...

lentesta

Premium Member
My understanding is that it would be more like 100 possible sequence variations. Currently there are 54. There are 4 sections of the ride with 2 sequences in the first, and 3 in the other three sections. (2 x 3 x 3 x 3 = 54).

If they were to add the 2 new sequences to any of the last three sections, it'd be 2 x 3 x 4 x 4 = 96 variations. If they were to add one of the new sequences to the first and the other to any of the other three it'd be 3 x 3 x 3 x 4 = 108 variations. Or, although I'd think it unlikely, if they added the new sequences both to the same section it'd be either 4 x 3 x 3 x 3 = 108 variations or 2 x 3 x 3 x 5 = 90 variations.

(Opinion: It would be disappointing if one of the new sequences was in the holo transmission section and not in one of the action sections.)

I spoke with Jim and it looks like I misunderstood the math. There's a new Force Awakens scene at the beginning, then the usual ride. Not sure what I was thinking on that. Sorry.

wannabeBelle

I spoke with Jim and it looks like I misunderstood the math. There's a new Force Awakens scene at the beginning, then the usual ride. Not sure what I was thinking on that. Sorry.
Hi Len, Great to see you again. This is a little disappointing. I was hoping for additional scenes from SW 7 to be added in as well. Thanks for the clarification though!! Marie

Ignohippo

So, it's ok to green light Avatar, but... lets be cautions about Star Wars... We don't know what we are going to get.

You all my read that with a hint of sarcasm if I may add.

I typically never post, but I just had to get this off my system... Sorry guys. Carry on.

Avatar was a knee-jerk reaction to Harry Potter.

How long has Disney owned Lucasfilm? It's been almost 3 years and it will likely be another 5 before we actually get to drink blue milk. They have been cautious with SW since the very beginning.

What do you think? Think the draw for Avatar is even 5% what the draw will be for SW? And yet, they're likely spending only, what? Maybe double (at most) on SW as they are for Avatar? And you have to figure they're also paying licensing fees for Avatar as well.

twebber55

How long has Disney owned Lucasfilm? It's been almost 3 years and it will likely be another 5 before we actually get to drink blue milk. They have been cautious with SW since the very beginning.

What do you think? Think the draw for Avatar is even 5% what the draw will be for SW? And yet, they're likely spending only, what? Maybe double (at most) on SW as they are for Avatar? And you have to figure they're also paying licensing fees for Avatar as well.
so you think if DHS brings in an extra 3 000 000 people DAK will only bring in an extra 150000?

zooey

It's all good. I was sort of basing it on HKDL and what they have as well as the concept art. I'm far from an overly negative fan. For the most part I'm very enthusiastic about what's been announced. I'm still skeptical of TSPL specifically, but totally ready and willing to let Disney prove me wrong. I'd love it if they did.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Look Avatar is Iger's vanity project all he sees is 'Biggest Box Office' in history and he thinks it's a GUARANTEED success, The reason this Ferngully rehash was a box office smash was it brought the first 3D system which worked and did not give the viewer a migraine so the visuals were amazing, It was a groundbreaking achievement in cinema akin what 'The Jazz Singer' did with WORKING synchronized sound neither were great movies but they set box office records because of what their technology added to the movie experience.

Because Iger is fundamentally non-creative and additionally has no respect for creatives he does not understand the Star Wars experience which spans multiple generations and has fan fiction as well as the 501'st Legion.

In Yoda speak 'Iger understands NOT the power of the force' If WDW would shoot the bloody lock off their wallet and BUILD a SW land worthy of the name, With Mos Eisley and Endor (yes Endor, Hoth would be awesome but doing Hoth in FL well...) Endor you can actually DO in florida with real trees and foliage, Dagobah is another possible but the mists would require much CO2 smoke and/or misters to make it realistic.

Would a speeder bike chase through the forests of Endor (modified Door Coaster concept) be awesome or what.

But I don't expect anything to get built at WDW under the Iger regime.

Next Big Thing

When it comes to theme parks, it doesn't matter if Star Wars is a much larger IP than Avatar. It will increase DAK's hours and overall attendance pretty significantly imo.

Not that Star Wars won't do the same, but there's only so many people who can afford to fly down to FL and it will have likely opened in DL before DHS, so the die hards will have already seen it if they REALLY wanted to see it that bad.

RSoxNo1

Look Avatar is Iger's vanity project all he sees is 'Biggest Box Office' in history and he thinks it's a GUARANTEED success, The reason this Ferngully rehash was a box office smash was it brought the first 3D system which worked and did not give the viewer a migraine so the visuals were amazing, It was a groundbreaking achievement in cinema akin what 'The Jazz Singer' did with WORKING synchronized sound neither were great movies but they set box office records because of what their technology added to the movie experience.

Because Iger is fundamentally non-creative and additionally has no respect for creatives he does not understand the Star Wars experience which spans multiple generations and has fan fiction as well as the 501'st Legion.

In Yoda speak 'Iger understands NOT the power of the force' If WDW would shoot the bloody lock off their wallet and BUILD a SW land worthy of the name, With Mos Eisley and Endor (yes Endor, Hoth would be awesome but doing Hoth in FL well...) Endor you can actually DO in florida with real trees and foliage, Dagobah is another possible but the mists would require much CO2 smoke and/or misters to make it realistic.

Would a speeder bike chase through the forests of Endor (modified Door Coaster concept) be awesome or what.

But I don't expect anything to get built at WDW under the Iger regime.
I'm not convinced at all that Avatar is Iger's "Vanity project". I do however think it was an Iger driven project that much like Shanghai he probably wishes he could do over again. Having said that, it doesn't mean that it either will fail, they were both just far more difficult than he probably ever anticipated.

twebber55

I'm not convinced at all that Avatar is Iger's "Vanity project". I do however think it was an Iger driven project that much like Shanghai he probably wishes he could do over again. Having said that, it doesn't mean that it either will fail, they were both just far more difficult than he probably ever anticipated.
disagree
i think they were looking for a way to expanding DAK hours and keeping people in the park, nothing more
with what is happening at DAk and DHS i wonder what will happen with EPCOTs numbers over the 7-8 years

zooey

disagree
i think they were looking for a way to expanding DAK hours and keeping people in the park, nothing more
with what is happening at DAk and DHS i wonder what will happen with EPCOTs numbers over the 7-8 years
Epcot sort of feels like flower and garden food and wine land. They have those two events that remain very popular and as long as those keep rolling Epcot can maintain its current state. At least in the TDO mindset. It doesn't feel like a theme park anymore as much as a large stage area for those events. Maybe Frozens success will remind them that attractions should still be the basis for a successful park. But then you will likely see IP as the spine of any additions going forward.

twebber55

Epcot sort of feels like flower and garden food and wine land. They have those two events that remain very popular and as long as those keep rolling Epcot can maintain its current state. At least in the TDO mindset. It doesn't feel like a theme park anymore as much as a large stage area for those events. Maybe Frozens success will remind them that attractions should still be the basis for a successful park. But then you will likely see IP as the spine of any additions going forward.
great points
when DHS is finished i dont think people will be leaving DHS to eat dinner at EPCOT as much as they do today

Lynn Stephens

great points
when DHS is finished i dont think people will be leaving DHS to eat dinner at EPCOT as much as they do today
Good conversation. I spend my mornings and early afternoons at DHS and AK, then over to Epcot for dinner, especially during Food & Wine. Great tasting cheap food in Disney, it's a no-brainer. It's still likely even after Pandora is open that I will spend my evenings at the Rose & Crown. Star Wars though...wait and see...

twebber55

Good conversation. I spend my mornings and early afternoons at DHS and AK, then over to Epcot for dinner, especially during Food & Wine. Great tasting cheap food in Disney, it's a no-brainer. It's still likely even after Pandora is open that I will spend my evenings at the Rose & Crown. Star Wars though...wait and see...
oh i agree me too...but i could definitely see me and my family changing touring plans and spending more evenings at DHS and DAK at least maybe 1 or 2 days more a trip...im DVC and we stay at Beach and Boardwalk quite a bit

doctornick

I'd be ok with Buzz moving. Theme-wise it makes sense plus, Tomorrowland needs a revamp in general.

Buzz moving makes no sense. It fits the theme of Tomorrowland (which is basically a sci-fi fantasyland at this point) and it's costly to physically move a ride. There would be little point is doing so.

If something were to be moved from MK to DHS, it would make far more sense to move Laugh Floor: it doesn't fit the theme of Tomorrowland and it is far easier to move a theater show to a different location. Heck, they could probably put it in the currently unused Premiere Theater if they wanted and not have to build a new building in DHS. But, even in that case, it is extremely unlikely as it would make more sense just to build a new attraction in DHS than move something.

DisDan

I agree- but Animal Kingdom needed something. You couldn't put Star Wars in DAK. Could we have gotten Australia or South America? Sure- that wouldve been cool. But I prefer beastly kingdom- aka- Pandora.

Good post ford. Again- I'm fine with Avatar. If the land itself does for theme parks what Avatar did for 3D- I think we'll all be very happy. I am hopeful the visuals there will be captivating- whether you like the movie or not. Or even if you dont know the movie exists (Like my youngins).

As for your star wars- great ideas all around. Trees vs a city would have been my preference too. But I guess there ain't no shoppin' in a jungle. :D

Well you could sort of pull-off Endor in AK if you wanted to do a 2 park presence for SW like UNI did with HP. Although there is no easy transport between the 2 lands so they wont have that connection. But it would be cool to go from Pandora to Endor... :)

or maybe i'm crazy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom