DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
It's the Mouse. Do they ever move quickly?

I was told two years ago that they had two additional prequel scenes that had been created when ST was updated and all they had to do was flip a switch. This tech is made for it. Yet, it hasn't happened until now.

I only hope they add the two prequel scenes along with TFA ones.

Btw, as I understand it, each simulator works independently. But it's no more than uploading the info and then you're done though (of course, then there's testing as well). Someone who knows a lot more than I do can correct me if that's incorrect however.

But, if you've ever upgraded your system software, you know the kinds of things that can go wrong that can take agonizing weeks to correct.

Between each scene in ST2.0 is a "neutral" position. This allows the "random" scenes to float into each other. Adding another scene (into the hopper) is easy since the show control and video segments are linked as a sequence and can be selected "randomly". The version of "random" can be weighted or removed entirely on a whim...

Each simulator is independently "managed".

*1023*

Ignohippo

Between each scene in ST2.0 is a "neutral" position. This allows the "random" scenes to float into each other. Adding another scene (into the hopper) is easy since the show control and video segments are linked as a sequence and can be selected "randomly". The version of "random" can be weighted or removed entirely on a whim...

Each simulator is independently "managed".

*1023*

So would you upload the new programming to each vehicle independently, or are all the vehicles run from a central computer? It was my understanding they each had their own computer and were completely independent.

Luigi

No idea how they could claim the theming will be as good as Carsland as the well does not seem to be as rich... Comparing Andys backyard vs full recreation of an entire town and mountain range just doesn't seem right. The Carsland characters at least move around and give a little life to the area. A Gigantic buzz lightyear standing monolithicly silent and stationary isn't the same level at all.

You mean the Carsland that when it was announced was booed by Disney fans because it was based on a franchise "no one liked", had two "kiddie rides" and a Test Track knockoff "Real original Disney!"...Or maybe you should wait and see more details instead of judging on your assumptions and treating them like fact.

Just my two cents.

Next Big Thing

Ha! Maybe, but do you think they'd close the ride for two weeks at the beginning of December?

Somehow, I don't see that happening. Most likely, they'll wait until the second week of January and try to get an attendance boost at a dead time.
The first 2 weeks of December are among the slowest weeks of the year for Disney. So I could easily see Disney closing it for a few weeks, although I don't even know it would need to close. I think it could be added in overnight. Maybe one day closure at most.

habuma

I may have been wrong on that. Checking with Jim.

My understanding is that it would be more like 100 possible sequence variations. Currently there are 54. There are 4 sections of the ride with 2 sequences in the first, and 3 in the other three sections. (2 x 3 x 3 x 3 = 54).

If they were to add the 2 new sequences to any of the last three sections, it'd be 2 x 3 x 4 x 4 = 96 variations. If they were to add one of the new sequences to the first and the other to any of the other three it'd be 3 x 3 x 3 x 4 = 108 variations. Or, although I'd think it unlikely, if they added the new sequences both to the same section it'd be either 4 x 3 x 3 x 3 = 108 variations or 2 x 3 x 3 x 5 = 90 variations.

(Opinion: It would be disappointing if one of the new sequences was in the holo transmission section and not in one of the action sections.)

RSoxNo1

You mean the Carsland that when it was announced was booed by Disney fans because it was based on a franchise "no one liked", had two "kiddie rides" and a Test Track knockoff "Real original Disney!"...Or maybe you should wait and see more details instead of judging on your assumptions and treating them like fact.

Just my two cents.
They were right about one of the rides sucking... Having said that, Cars Land is incredibly well done. There's nothing about Toy Story Land that says "Cars Land" to me, but I also don't think the intellectual property lends itself to that level of theming. There are no iconic buildings or geological structures that scream Toy Story, there's toys.

Toy Story Land looks like it's adding a B and a C/D ticket attraction to a park that needs both. This isn't the only thing happening. We know for sure that Star Wars Land is happening, and the expectation is that more Pixar content is also coming. I'm just pleased that we're getting the Toy Story Land that was announced instead of Toy Story Playland.

twebber55

They were right about one of the rides sucking... Having said that, Cars Land is incredibly well done. There's nothing about Toy Story Land that says "Cars Land" to me, but I also don't think the intellectual property lends itself to that level of theming. There are no iconic buildings or geological structures that scream Toy Story, there's toys.

Toy Story Land looks like it's adding a B and a C/D ticket attraction to a park that needs both. This isn't the only thing happening. We know for sure that Star Wars Land is happening, and the expectation is that more Pixar content is also coming. I'm just pleased that we're getting the Toy Story Land that was announced instead of Toy Story Playland.
this is something i have thought for a while...Toy Story is just not an IP that lends itself to great theme park experience like carsland and Harry potter do..Theme park adaption is critical for success, it will be interesting how pandora and star wars turn out based on this

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
That's interesting. DHS needs more kid-friendly attractions. Hopefully, the un-announced stuff includes a couple of small dark rides. Any chance they move Buzz and Laugh Floor to TSL from MK?
I'd be ok with Buzz moving. Theme-wise it makes sense plus, Tomorrowland needs a revamp in general.

Mikejakester

Disneyland isn't supposed to start construction until 2017.

Plenty of time for Iger to back out of it if The Force Awakens is received poorly.

While money has been allocated, they will yank this thing faster than you can say "Tron 3" if Star Wars under-delivers. And trust me, that's a huge reason (if not the primary reason) as to why the start date is so far off.

So, it's ok to green light Avatar, but... lets be cautions about Star Wars... We don't know what we are going to get.

You all my read that with a hint of sarcasm if I may add.

I typically never post, but I just had to get this off my system... Sorry guys. Carry on.

zooey

Just my two cents.
I never said my assumptions are fact...
Or that I had assumptions at all and merely made some observations about the released concept art.
Expressing an opinion doesn't automatically imply the person belives their opinion is end all be all written in stone gospel truth. In other words... I was just sayin'

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom