DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
This shouldn't affect anything unless the trend continue's. Every year the market has some natural adjusting (while this one was quite an "adjusting") The market needed this, as hard as it is to say that.

To get back on topic, has there been definitive timelines or rumblings of closures (Lights, Indy, etc)?

Well the fed is stopping the QE program, ie free money to gamble on the stock market with so the artificial support of the market has just been removed. I'm glad most of my money is in cash right now.

ULPO46

Yup, Because Disney is all about the stock price.
Not just the price, like most companies, the value of Disney's 100 Billion dollars in assets are all in the stock market. If the market stays like this for even a week, expect the budget to be deflated or put on hold. No one wants to risk this. The Wall Street Journal and the Motley Fool say we should invest now, but everyone is feeling skeptical. Euronext had this problem earlier today, China has ben seeing this since two months ago, and forget about Brazil. On a side note with brazil facing it's worst recession since 1931, expect less of them at the parks than ever before. The markets are tricky and even after four years of schooling, I'm still skeptical on how safe this market was/is. Not once did I believe we where out of the woods aft 2008. But the thing about 08 was, even though he economy was t it's worse, Disney and the rest of Orlando saw the largest increase in attendance since pre-9/11 era. Still the parks are full and the tourist continue bringing in the dough. So there is a sense of optimism that Disney can survive this one and the project could o on as expected. But if their contractor goes bankrupt, which has happened before, than it's back to the drawing boards to find a new one.

Katie G

With the Chinese economy tanking and the stock dropping like a rock, The likelihood of nothing at all happening at all except for the tumbleweeds blowing through the closed attractions is growing greater by the day

Could the stock market correction have any affect on this project?

I think this could/should be a new thread.

Insiders say no, the money has already been committed. History, I think, says yes (over and over).

The best time to be building is when the market/economy is down. Because the economy is cyclical, when the market comes back up, you are done building and can capitalize on the up economy with your new offerings. If the fund were already approved, then they were likely taken into account in long term scenarios of both an up and down market. Maybe the build takes longer but if the funds are there, its the perfect time to do it.

raymusiccity

That might have been the capitulation of the market. It's spiked up after that. We will have to see. I wanted to buy FB at 70, before I got to the office it spiked to over 80.
I have no idea what to do now....market has to show it's direction.
Again...short term correction and Disney will build.
Long term and there will be delays. That will mean it's a global thing.

Absolutely nothing to worry about. For example, just this morning I traded my $1 million dollar dog for 2 $500,000 cats!

ULPO46

Off topic but can can anyone tell me when the new variations for Star Tours is supposed to be completed? Thx!
Sure for DL construction will start late next year early 2017. Give or take the 2 years it takes to build, expect it by 2019, 2020. As for DHS expect construction to start Mid 2017 early 2018 and expect it open by late 2019 early 2020.

Ignohippo

Looks like Animation Merchandise just moved, so some action happening.

That's just because the Animation Building is being turned into the SW Launch Pad. It has nothing to do with the expansion (although there may be a poster or two of the renderings that were shown at D23).

Either that merch will be going right back into that shop or it will be converted into SW merchandise, I would imagine.

Ignohippo

DL in January.

Disneyland isn't supposed to start construction until 2017.

Plenty of time for Iger to back out of it if The Force Awakens is received poorly.

While money has been allocated, they will yank this thing faster than you can say "Tron 3" if Star Wars under-delivers. And trust me, that's a huge reason (if not the primary reason) as to why the start date is so far off.

ULPO46

Plenty of time for Iger to back out of it if The Force Awakens is received poorly.

While money has been allocated, they will yank this thing faster than you can say "Tron 3" if Star Wars under-delivers. And trust me, that's a huge reason (if not the primary reason) as to why the start date is so far off.
Exactly as popular as Star Wars is, there are doubts within the company as to wheter or not a land is truly needed. It deserves an entire park. But 14 acres isnt enough to really make something grand. Its been difficult to channel what can be made in the space. Toy story is easy add a couple kiddie rides of which most are already designed ala DLHK. But star wars is all new. Tron ride would be interesting to retheme its been thought of butthe board wants another simulator in the form of the Millennium Falcon.

righttrack

DHS needs the help, without question. I think if something goes awry they could pull California. I don't expect that to happen, but more than anything they shouldn't overdo the marketing of the movie. I'm already seeing C3PO on soup cans.

Ignohippo

Exactly as popular as Star Wars is, there are doubts within the company as to wheter or not a land is truly needed. It deserves an entire park. But 14 acres isnt enough to really make something grand. Its been difficult to channel what can be made in the space. Toy story is easy add a couple kiddie rides of which most are already designed ala DLHK. But star wars is all new. Tron ride would be interesting to retheme its been thought of butthe board wants another simulator in the form of the Millennium Falcon.

I don't know if it will be cancelled or if the plans will simply be scaled back and possibly re-designed towards the Original Trilogy. It would certainly set it back years, though.

truecoat

Big Thunder Ranch BBQ is closing in January so I'll stick by it.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
As for DHS expect construction to start Mid 2017 early 2018 and expect it open by late 2019 early 2020.
I was asking bout the upgrades to the existing Star Tours attraction. Are they building a new one? Why would they build a new Star Tours?

truecoat

Am I correct that the idea is we will be riding through Andy's backyard? I sure hope they include aspects of the backyard (maybe a few animatronics or props at the very least).

Yes, the backyard is correct. This coaster sim was done by a fan based on the artwork. It was mentioned at D23 the land would have the level of theming on par with Carsland. The only problem with that is so does Chester and Hesters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom