DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Kman101

Design wise, they can do an amazing job, it doesn't mean the placement is correct. See Frozenstrom, the possibility of Star Wars taking over Echo Lake ... although I'm sure location decisions aren't up to them, right? I'd guess they are told to 'make this work'

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
The best parks are always run with a Walt and a Roy where the Roy complains a bit but still figures out a way to give Walt what he wants. Sadly the "Roys" in the Disney company nowadays don't see it that way.

gmajew

With the Chinese economy tanking and the stock dropping like a rock, The likelihood of nothing at all happening at all except for the tumbleweeds blowing through the closed attractions is growing greater by the day.

The sad thing is if Disney were not so focused on limiting CAPEX spend on P&R and built things at the rate which they once did we would see more of these things actually happening instead of falling victim to the winds of Wall St when the Wall St environment turns sour for a quarter or two.

Man can you just relax for a few months... Project was announced last weekend... We all know you think nothing will be done and that they will lie like they do about every other project but enough already!

We all see the downturn is coming in the economy but this was way to big of a PR blitz to not move forward with today... So if you are right and nothing gets built and they don't start doing anything you can be the king of the boards! We will all praise you as the all knowing!

I get your style is to be way to the extreme to make sure your point hits home but now it has just gotten annoying as it is every post....

If non of this excites you not even a little then stop posting on the boards as this is some of the best news we have had in a long long long time enjoy it for a change...

ToTBellHop

They had me at "14 acres."

Of all the things closed or closing, I'm surprised Echo Lake is even worth a mention on that list. (My boys will be devastated when Indy and LMA close.)

What really surprises me is the closure of dining. If they're really removing a popular revenue-maker like 50's Prime Time (again, I think they could relocate the entrance, but I digress) then that tells me they must have something important planned for that transition area. Disney is hugely reluctant to close income-generators. In fact, the only other ones I can think of were at Downtown Disney (House of Blues, Pleasure Island). Surely there is some unavoidable reason why Disney would rather close a revenue-generating restaurant than convert more parking lot. Surely. Right? I mean, character SW dining didn't have to go in that specific location. The two restaurants could coexist.

I, like others, was expecting an X-Wing to get dropped into a Dagobah swamp (formerly "Echo Lake") but again, I digress.
As my wife reminds me from time to time, size isn't everything.

In pastry and theme parks.

jakeman

Man can you just relax for a few months... Project was announced last weekend... We all know you think nothing will be done and that they will lie like they do about every other project but enough already!

We all see the downturn is coming in the economy but this was way to big of a PR blitz to not move forward with today... So if you are right and nothing gets built and they don't start doing anything you can be the king of the boards! We will all praise you as the all knowing!

I get your style is to be way to the extreme to make sure your point hits home but now it has just gotten annoying as it is every post....

If non of this excites you not even a little then stop posting on the boards as this is some of the best news we have had in a long long long time enjoy it for a change...
Just put him on ignore or report his post for trolling (the former is probably more appropriate than the latter). It's all a show anyways.

gmajew

Just put him on ignore or report his post for trolling (the former is probably more appropriate than the latter). It's all a show anyways.

I was hoping to keep the string going for no ignores... He has points at time just sometimes they go to far and are non stop.

dizneycrazy09

Ignore is a wonderful feature. I use it regularly as a troll repellent. I can take a guess as to who you are talking about, and if I'm right, I bet this user is the main reason I started using ignore.

Next Big Thing

If Echo Lake leaves, I hope they build other water features to the park.

One reason I believe that Echo Lake will go is in the concept art "Nahtatooine" looks be as dry as regular ol' Tatooine. So a lake wouldn't really make sense.
The park is really devoid of water as it is. I'd love a water ride or a boat ride to be added to the park.

DHS would be a really good park for a water ride actually imo. That could've been something added to TS Land and would've made people at least respect the land a bit more if it was done right.

doctornick

Because of the risk to the Echo Lake area.

Do it properly. Push it back further. The parking lot will be affected anyway.

Yeah, it seems odd to having this Star Wars "expansion" mostly be a replacement of existing structures. The park needs increased capacity in terms of both walking space and more options for activities. With Star Wars and the crowds it would bring, you need plenty of food service. Don't just replace H&V/50s Prime Time -- add to the offerings by keeping them and building new Star Wars ones too.

If they truly have all this money going to infrastructure and plan to build a parking deck, it is IMHO silly not to make a significant push into the cast parking area.

Also, isn't it odd that they would be willing to spend a ton of money to literally move backstage buildings and tear them down in Anaheim, but they seem reluctant to build on practically empty land in DHS but need to repurpose existing park stuff?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
because of dyselxia i have trouble keeping up with all the news here sometimes..
with that out of the way..i just noticed a new indy attraction in the proposed artwork/layout..what do we know about that?
also any idea what type of attractions both of the SW rides will be like?

thanks

There is no new Indy ride, not sure what you are referring to.

odmichael

The park is really devoid of water as it is. I'd love a water ride or a boat ride to be added to the park.

DHS would be a really good park for a water ride actually imo. That could've been something added to TS Land and would've made people at least respect the land a bit more if it was done right.
I've always wanted a water ride there. The buildings really block the wind and cram people together making the park feel hotter than the others. Sure most things are A/C. But just walking around that park is more annoying than the rest. There aren't even misters to cool you off there.

culturenthrills

THIS. Especially because if they're converting Hollywood and Vine, it's literally connected to Hollywood Boulevard. That building connects with the shops and the windows of Hollywood and Vine almost go all the way to the street. It'd be impossible to have any kind of transition whatsoever.

If SWL goes in Echo Lake then I really think this generations Imagineers and Management are totally clueless. It will be a horrible transition and poor design. Also, they wouldn't be expanding the capacity of the park. If this expansion and reimagining is gonna work then the size of the park has to grow. All the additions to DCA expanded the size of the park. I would really hate to see them shoehorn SWL into an area just to save money.

culturenthrills

They really just need to fix the entire flow of the park. Unsure how much would change however with SWL mostly taking over existing buildings. Hopefully TSL will open up some flow to the SoA/LMA area.

It wouldn't change the flow it would create a giant bottleneck on the left side of the park. Makes more sense to keep most of Echo Lake as is and create a proper transition into SWL. I would even leave IJ Stunt Show for now and eventually you could use that to expand SWL or put in a new IJ attraction. But that's just me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom