DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I have not seen that lately. My understanding that the original plans for Downtown Disney when redone cost more than the original. I hear rumors of Pandora only getting one ride, but it looks like the boat ride is being built. If the numbers being tossed around for the Hollywood Studios redo is as high as we are reading, it looks to me that the lean years at Walt Disney World may have turned around and Disney is once again spending on the parks. Some people look at the glass half full, you look at it empty.

I go by actions not annoucements, TSPL took 10 months to build in France with it's insane labor laws and miles of red tape, If TWDC had wanted to put TSPL in WDW it could have done so and had it open NOW, Instead they left vast expanses of park to rot while closing major attractions. Yes perhaps the slinky coaster if they wanted to plus it would have taken 2 years but certainly the flat rides could have been installed by now and be a people pleasing addition to DHS.

Instead Disney does NOTHING except ensure that the closed rides can never be reopened.

That's why I see the glass as empty, Because it IS, I want it to be half full yet it remains empty, Lets face it even survey stakes and sight balloons would be indicators something IS coming they are conspiciously absent.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Yes, C and D tickets that kids will enjoy. Disney gets the rap (deservedly) for being a kids park but there is a dearth of things to do for kids at this park.

Agreed, No sane person expects a new E-ticket every year but come on, At least add a single C ticket every year at WDW with a E-ticket every 3-5 years

Come on the local family owned amusement park manages to do this and they have a New England winter to contend with and no where near the financial resources of TWDC.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Wow, you guys are not very creative.

I don't want a smooth transition into Star Wars Land. I want a jaw dropping reveal.

Say, to the left of the Chinese Theater they build The El Capitan with Star Wars on the marquee. You go in like your entering the theater. There is a grand lobby complete with crystal chandeliers, 2 concession stands that have flavored popcorn. And 3 entrances to the "theater". Go through one of the entrances, left, right, BOOM!

That would be AWESOME! - Love the way you think.

Magenta Panther

I don't want a smooth transition into Star Wars Land. I want a jaw dropping reveal.

Say, to the left of the Chinese Theater they build The El Capitan with Star Wars on the marquee. You go in like your entering the theater. There is a grand lobby complete with crystal chandeliers, 2 concession stands that have flavored popcorn. And 3 entrances to the "theater". Go through one of the entrances, left, right, BOOM!

Holy crap, that is so great. That would actually help the park's mish-mash of IPs kind of make sense. Bravo!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Man can you just relax for a few months... Project was announced last weekend... We all know you think nothing will be done and that they will lie like they do about every other project but enough already!

We all see the downturn is coming in the economy but this was way to big of a PR blitz to not move forward with today... So if you are right and nothing gets built and they don't start doing anything you can be the king of the boards! We will all praise you as the all knowing!

I get your style is to be way to the extreme to make sure your point hits home but now it has just gotten annoying as it is every post....

If non of this excites you not even a little then stop posting on the boards as this is some of the best news we have had in a long long long time enjoy it for a change...

28 acres a grand total of 4 rides, Color me underhwhelmed, I don't find it exciting because I don't believe it's going to happen or if it does it will be scaled way back, You will find that I don't complain about Disneyland which I visit almost as often as I visit WDW as business takes me to LA frequently, I've got a premier passport which is an AP which covers both coasts.

The difference between WDW and DL is like they are run by two entirely separate companies, At WDW you eat your QS meal on a trashcan because there are no tables, At DL they give you real plates and silverware for your QS meal and there is always a place to sit.

I remember standing in line 31/2 hours at DL when the Subs reopened, I liked the old subs but the subs with Nemo have their own charm and I'll be waiting in line when DL's version of SWL opens which will be long before WDW moves the first shovel of dirt.

You find my pessimism annoying, Well I find unfounded optimism equally annoying.

Disneyhead'71

I go by actions not annoucements, TSPL took 10 months to build in France with it's insane labor laws and miles of red tape, If TWDC had wanted to put TSPL in WDW it could have done so and had it open NOW, Instead they left vast expanses of park to rot while closing major attractions. Yes perhaps the slinky coaster if they wanted to plus it would have taken 2 years but certainly the flat rides could have been installed by now and be a people pleasing addition to DHS.

Instead Disney does NOTHING except ensure that the closed rides can never be reopened.

That's why I see the glass as empty, Because it IS, I want it to be half full yet it remains empty, Lets face it even survey stakes and sight balloons would be indicators something IS coming they are conspiciously absent.
Ok, you and I are on the same team, but let me 'splain you a few things.

There is a reason that they closed stuff and made no moves. When holding out your hand asking for $3 Billion, you need to show a need. Obviously, the rouse worked.

P_Radden

28 acres a grand total of 4 rides, Color me underhwhelmed, I don't find it exciting because I don't believe it's going to happen or if it does it will be scaled way back, You will find that I don't complain about Disneyland which I visit almost as often as I visit WDW as business takes me to LA frequently, I've got a premier passport which is an AP which covers both coasts.

The difference between WDW and DL is like they are run by two entirely separate companies, At WDW you eat your QS meal on a trashcan because there are no tables, At DL they give you real plates and silverware for your QS meal and there is always a place to sit.

I remember standing in line 31/2 hours at DL when the Subs reopened, I liked the old subs but the subs with Nemo have their own charm and I'll be waiting in line when DL's version of SWL opens which will be long before WDW moves the first shovel of dirt.

You find my pessimism annoying, Well I find unfounded optimism equally annoying.
nancy.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Ok, you and I are on the same team, but let me 'splain you a few things.

There is a reason that they closed stuff and made no moves. When holding out your hand asking for $3 Billion, you need to show a need. Obviously, the rouse worked.

Let's just say that's a high risk stunt in corporate america bordering on a 'career limiting move'.

Tod&BigMamaOdie

Well, they let the park rot. They knew they needed to fix it. They just pushed the envelope. And they got the mother load.

Sometimes you have to roll the dice.
Speaking of mother, can we all decide on a different abbreviation for the Millennium Falcon ride than the one currently being used? 'cause my mind automatically goes there, just like MILF. I mean, I hope it's going to be quite the MFnMF ride but....

Sped2424

d7vv2k1sxvplse8iokot.jpg

San fransokyo should take over the Streets of america area and then plop a show building for a nice dark ride where LMA used to be. Make the place look like this have merch that is out of this world with some walk around characters and boom. Something unique, something that is cool, and something that can keep the osborne lights here indefinitely.

MKeeler

Only if as soon as you open the door for the entrance of the theater, the John Williams score for the crawl starts blaring as the new land comes into view.

Mawg

d7vv2k1sxvplse8iokot.jpg

San fransokyo should take over the Streets of america area and then plop a show building for a nice dark ride where LMA used to be. Make the place look like this have merch that is out of this world with some walk around characters and boom. Something unique, something that is cool, and something that can keep the osborne lights here indefinitely.
I'm not liking all of these new land ideas. I think the lands should have more of a generic genre to them to be able to include more IP's and attractions. Like Westerns, Sci-Fi, Animation or go with the Studios themselves, Lucas, Disney, Pixar, ABC. By creating these great big immersive lands based on a single movie or series of movies don't you kind of lock the park to these themes and make it hard to expand when a new movie comes out. They won't be able to squeeze a new attraction in here or there, instead they'll have to build another whole new land somewhere behind another land or demolish an existing land. The park will just become irrelevant again in another 20 years

SirLink

I'm not liking all of these new land ideas. I think the lands should have more of a generic genre to them to be able to include more IP's and attractions. Like Westerns, Sci-Fi, Animation or go with the Studios themselves, Lucas, Disney, Pixar, ABC. By creating these great big immersive lands based on a single movie or series of movies don't you kind of lock the park to these themes and make it hard to expand when a new movie comes out. They won't be able to squeeze a new attraction in here or there, instead they'll have to build another whole new land somewhere behind another land or demolish an existing land. The park will just become irrelevant again in another 20 years

Well the first is basically theme you described are the "Castle" parks. They are trying to go from making of to "Celebrating the movies, live your adventure " so bar Muppets that wouldn't work with the new setup. Also if you notice the first two new lands to be revealed are money makers for the company. But if TSL popularity wanes in 20 years Burbank should not be precious about those lands and they'll demo and rebuild.

Bairstow

...but that's assuming that Disney is going to be motivated to install not just one, but two Western/Scifi/Whatever attractions in the next 20 years.
If we're honest, that ain't happening. Star Wars and Toy Story are pretty much going to be it until 2025 or later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom