DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Potential look at Central Florida region's big 4 through 2021
If this list is even close, it going to be a great 5-6 years as a theme park fan

WDW

So after reading a lot of comments does the following time frames (even though many have not been announced) seem logical and doable on Disney construction time frames?

2015/16:
Epcot - Frozen Ever After, Soarin 3rd theater and new movie;
DHS - Update to Star Tours, Star Wars Celebration, Star Wars Launch Bay, new theater (for Frozen?) and maybe a new Villain Show at Beauty and the Beast Theater;
Animal Kingdom - RoL and Night Time Safari;
Magic Kingdom - New Adventureland restaurant and finished hub.
Disney Springs

2017: Toy Story Land

Late 2017/2018 - Pandora

2019 - Star Wars Land with first E ride

2020 - Magic Kingdom updates/new ride and/or new ride/updated attraction at Epcot

2021 - Birthday Celebration, Magic Kingdom updates and second E ride at Star Wars Land, new parades and night time shows

Universal Studios Orlando

2016:
IoA - Reign of Kong, Hulk Update
US - Hello Kitty and potential new Fallon attraction in Twister building

2017 - Volcano Bay, Fast and Furious Ride, additional update to Marvel Island, hotel

2018 - Nintendo at US

2019 - new attraction at IO (potential Potter related) and new resorts

2020 - more Nintendo at US

2021 - IO attraction

Sea World

2016 - Mako

2017 - new show?

2018/19 - Killer Whale exhibit

2020 - new ride

2021 - new show?

Busch Gardens

2016 - Cobra's Curse

2017 - new show in Morocco Theater

2018 - Resort hotel, Gwazi redo

2019 - new show

2020 - family ride

2021 - new coaster

I appreciate the time you spent outlining a time frame for the next few years and it seems very close to reality. Please remove the Disney Springs Mall from that list. It's not a theme park.

*1023*

AEfx

I appreciate the time you spent outlining a time frame for the next few years and it seems very close to reality. Please remove the Disney Springs Mall from that list. It's not a theme park.

*1023*

Yeah I don't get why folks keep listing this as anything significant to WDW. It's more overpriced boutique chains and junk like that. Just another reason to completely avoid that area.

chiefs11

*1023*
Yeah I don't get why folks keep listing this as anything significant to WDW. It's more overpriced boutique chains and junk like that. Just another reason to completely avoid that area.
I'd say it is significant. WDW isn't just a theme park or theme parks, it's supposed to be a 'vacation kingdom' and an all-encompassing resort. Not sure why everyone hates on DD/DS so much. I'm looking forward to the completed project, lots of cool restaurants and bars going in there, in addition to the 'boutique chains and junk', as you say. Please stay away to help reduce the crowds...lol

jessfriends

Any rumors about 50s Prime Time, Sci-Fi, & Mama Melrose going away? I would assume Min & Bills would be gone because of Star Wars land and same with backlot express. I assume too that studio catering company will be gone for toy story land. I'm just trying to see what I should try to visit before they are gone for good.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
I'd say it is significant. WDW isn't just a theme park or theme parks, it's supposed to be a 'vacation kingdom' and an all-encompassing resort. Not sure why everyone hates on DD/DS so much. I'm looking forward to the completed project, lots of cool restaurants and bars going in there, in addition to the 'boutique chains and junk', as you say. Please stay away to help reduce the crowds...lol

I'll gladly avoid the area, as I have since they removed "Pleasure Island". I think of my last 10 visits to WDW I have been to the area once (maybe twice) for restaurant fare. Also, many "all encompassing" resorts don't have a Mall. A "vacation kingdom" needs a mall? I want to shop at a mall on my vacation? I can't get my shopping done when not on "vacation"? I think there is plenty of shopping in the theme parks if the mood strikes me.

Also, I don't think my buddy @AEfx and I used the word "HATE" in our posts on this thread. We did characterize the offerings at these malls as junk and to be sure. I think on other threads I may have characterized them similarly. I may have used the word "HATE" in describing the "expansion of a mall" being included in theme park threads. I may even point out from time to time that in threads such as "DHS Makeover - What we know so far....." that a mall might be out of the realm of the thread's purpose. I digress...

I was complimenting/appreciating the time a new member ( @Ragerunner ) took to build a timeline of theme park additions in the Central Florida area. I pointed out that, a Mall, did not fit in that list. For that matter, I guess I could have noted the other "Shopping Districts" items missing from that list or the other resorts that are in redevelopment. Regardless, I am thankful for a wide angle view of things to come in Central Florida.

Regarding DHS, as I have said before, the 2 announced "lands" with their announced accoutrements are just part of what is coming. Hopefully, as construction begins late fall, we will start to see the physical progress on the west side of the park.

*1023*

elchippo

I've not seen a thread for this yet, but in light of Toy Story Land's speculated location, I have to ask....IS THE CLOCK NOW TICKING ON THE WATER TOWER?!?!?!?!

truecoat

There will be a flood, but not like Potter. But the numbers should drop off very slowly after the initial crush as the older fans make their way there because they waited for the crowds to die down. That is sort of what happened with Potter 2.0.

With 5-6 movies out by the opening, there will be a flood of biblical proportions.

This is all pending fan reaction to these new movies. The creatives hired so far give me high hopes.

Wikkler

3ddb75ca81aebeaf30a9d1e22f179019.jpg
I accidentally liked this but meant to like the post below. UGH. :banghead:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I've not seen a thread for this yet, but in light of Toy Story Land's speculated location, I have to ask....IS THE CLOCK NOW TICKING ON THE WATER TOWER?!?!?!?!

I am not sure how it can remain where it is, even if it's not sitting on land that will be used by TSL, if will be close enough that it will be hard to hide, and it definitely doesn't fit in.

SirLink

Why sadly?

Well because they could do a Disneyland tradition of building on Carparks for Star Wars that would lead them to create more unique experiences and use the land appropriately ... and Toy Story land it is to much land use. I would hazard a wise guess that Toy Story land was proposed to Shanghai and the Chinese government said 'no'

DisDan

Well because they could do a Disneyland tradition of building on Carparks for Star Wars that would lead them to create more unique experiences and use the land appropriately ... and Toy Story land it is to much land use. I would hazard a wise guess that Toy Story land was proposed to Shanghai and the Chinese government said 'no'
Yes they probably said "we don't want to keep our guests outdoors in the smog any longer than we have to, build a dark ride instead".

SirLink

Yes they probably said "we don't want to keep our guests outdoors in the smog any longer than we have to, build a dark ride instead".

Nah more like uninspired and insipid look of TSL put Shendi right off. Just look at Shendi's Toy Story Hotel it has non of the tackiness of AoA/ASR/PC.

DisDan

Nah more like uninspired and insipid look of TSL put Shendi right off. Just look at Shendi's Toy Story Hotel it has non of the tackiness of AoA/ASR/PC.
You're making assumptions about what DHS TSL will look like based on the cheaper TSPL implemented in Paris. If you look at some of the structures in the concept art you can clearly see this land is much more ambitious than the other TSPL you keep referring to. Why don't you at least wait to see the finished product before crapping on it

SirLink

You're making assumptions about what DHS TSL will look like based on the cheaper TSPL implemented in Paris. If you look at some of the structures in the concept art you can clearly see this land is much more ambitious than the other TSPL you keep referring to. Why don't you at least wait to see the finished product before crapping on it

Not ambitious not in any way. unless you think sticking a molded handle to the top of a building ambitious...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom