DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Unplugged

Nothing has been announced and the way WDW is so tight lipped on efforts, I hate to say, but I doubt we'll see much until later in the year if even that. I could see half of DHS closed to the great walls with nothing yet formally announced.

dreamscometrue

So does anyone have a confirmation on what Jim Hill is saying about WDI and BoD scrambling to have something Star Wars related to show us in August after the original Star Wars land pitch was turned down for being 'stale and been there done that' true? According to Jim, the same feelings were expressed towards Toy Story in Pixar Place? Is there any other confirmation that this information is indeed true?

He also said last year that DHS was going to retain Indy and that now with the new 'flex' theater, Indy could be on the way out...

Wasn't the original pitch a year or more ago, and the recent one was the revamp with stuff from Episode 7? I highly doubt that some crap Pixar Place expansion and SW plans were presented to the board after all this time. I'm sure this was not the first the BoD saw what was to be presented. Plus, haven't several reliable members on here suggested an approved $3 billion or so by the BoD?

Atomicmickey

If they are going to build something based in the new trilogy--a planet, or environment
that we haven't seen before--it only makes sense that they would delay the reveal until
the film opens at the end of December.

doctornick

Be ready for this thread to have more news after the Christmas season.

So, I'd guess that we won't find out much if any info about Star Wars at D23 -- probably because they don't want to "spoil" anything from Episode VII and the expansions may be heavily based on that film. Finding out more info "after Christmas" would correspond to the waiting until that movie is released.

I'm still hopeful we'll get some DHS info at D23, at least stuff based on Pixar. Could very well be setting myself up for disappointment.

flyerjab

I can't wait to hear more about what is coming because as it stands now, this park is ridiculous. We went last night with no fastpasses scheduled (we have annual passes). There were really only five attractions that warranted riding and the shortest was Star Tours at 40 minutes standby! ToT was 2 hours, and I don't need to tell you how long RnR and TSMM wait times were. It was sad really. There were droves of people wandering around looking for stuff to do. And to make matters worse, the SoA was closed for a private event.

It really is embarrassing how this has been handled. They should be taking the guest experience more into account and unless you are a fan of Frozen, the options are scant. They did have DJ Chill playing dance music prior to the fireworks (which we didn't even justify staying for), but that was pathetic also. Nobody was dancing, just a lot of people milling around waiting for the Frozen fireworks to start. I just hope that they spend this 3 billion well. I like NFL as I think it is targeted more for kids, but this can't be like that. This has to be highly ambitious in scope and a park that people are climbing over themselves to get to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom