DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

peter11435

Yes. It's also just a rumor...
A rumor. But a factual one. Florida's Toy Story Land will be entirely different than what exists in Paris and Hong King and what was planned for Shanghai. The themeing and design aesthetic will be similar but the attractions themselves will be unique

Last edited:

Brian Swan

I would hope we will get a new nighttime spectacular out of this money, too. Surely Disney has noticed that the Hollywood Hills Amphitheatre's waterway, with the mountain removed, could fit all of World of Color's fountains with no need for a retractable deck to hold them. Already set up for flames, has ample seating, and no actors or pyro necessary.
I'm afraid I have to disagree with you. Granted, I haven't done a cartographic survey, but I have seen both shows a number of times, and I cannot imagine WOC - at least as it is at DCA - fitting into the F! amphitheater. Also, from what I've read (on these formums, I believe) the shear size and weight of the substructure needed to contain all of the pressurized tanks for the water cannons, as well as all of the other plumbing, lighting instruments, motors, and other hardware, is incompatible with FL's geological substrate. Don't get me wrong - WOC is the most amazing Disney night-time show I've ever seen and I would love to see it on the East Coast, but there are really no in-park venues that could hold it other than possibly the WS lagoon, but that's a major no-go as the lagoon is there primarily to mask a massive area of unstable ground. It was considered for the abandoned Hyperion Warf project on the DTD grounds - but we know where that went. Rivers of Light will have fountains, but I am expecting them to be more along the lines of the IllumiNations barges than a WOC installation.

Brian Swan

Don't forget Instrumental Roller Coaster staring John Williams...all it really needs is a new soundtrack. And the Jedi Experience will only require a few set changes.
Actually, replacing the Aerosmith soundtrack with SW music and replacing the cartoon "LA landmarks" with SW imagery would make for a very cool ride. The initial launch certainly makes more sense for a spacecraft than for a "limo". The "music studio" could easily be turned into a "briefing room... :)

prfctlyximprct

Noooooooo to TSPL!!!! Toy Story is not the only Pixar movie!! Give me a clone of Carsland, the Monster's Inc door coaster, a clone Crush's coaster, a clone of Ratatouille. Make an Incredibles attraction, an UP! attraction, a Wall-e attraction, an Inside Out attraction.. GIVE ME ANYTHING BUT TSPL. Get Luxo the lamp out of hiding and give me a PIXAR PLACE.

Getting off my soapbox now.

HauntedMansionFLA

Noooooooo to TSPL!!!! Toy Story is not the only Pixar movie!! Give me a clone of Carsland, the Monster's Inc door coaster, a clone Crush's coaster, a clone of Ratatouille. Make an Incredibles attraction, an UP! attraction, a Wall-e attraction, an Inside Out attraction.. GIVE ME ANYTHING BUT TSPL. Get Luxo the lamp out of hiding and give me a PIXAR PLACE.

I'd love an UP little themed area. Pixar has a lot to choose from besides Toy Story. Cars Land / Star Wars and unique Pixar attraction would be a game changer.

Sam Magic

I may be wrong when I say this, but isn't Toy Story not as popular here as it is in Asia? Another failure of Disney to understand their audiance's?

ProjectXBlog

how about a monsters university ride where you go to college for 4 years

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom