DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

NowInc

From what I am hearing (however its not much as most are hush hush after the BoD left orlando), its of no small coincidence that the parks and resorts presentation at d23 will be taking place AFTER the disney animation and live action (SW and Marvel) panels. Not sure if it means announcement/IP tie ins for DL or WDW, but things they showcase on pervious panels may (and again, I haven't heard anything concrete at all, just rumors) spill over into theme park land.

Captain Neo

From what I am hearing (however its not much as most are hush hush after the BoD left orlando), its of no small coincidence that the parks and resorts presentation at d23 will be taking place AFTER the disney animation and live action (SW and Marvel) panels. Not sure if it means announcement/IP tie ins for DL or WDW, but things they showcase on pervious panels may (and again, I haven't heard anything concrete at all, just rumors) spill over into theme park land.

Um the Parks panel takes place a full day before the animation panel

PirateFrank

DHS crowd levels are pretty much all over the place. They're pulling 25% peak and 37% off peak. Complete feast or famine situation.

MK? MK is packing people in, piling up peak days and hold at an unthinkable 30%.

Dave, forgive what is likely a stupid question ... But ive seem you throw these terms around a good bit, and i dont underatand what you mean by them. Can you explain what a percentage peak is and a percentage off peak is?

Thanks!

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Dave, forgive what is likely a stupid question ... But ive seem you throw these terms around a good bit, and i dont underatand what you mean by them. Can you explain what a percentage peak is and a percentage off peak is?

Thanks!

I've been using touring plans observed crowd level.

I define a peak day as 8+. None of us would enjoy those crowds.

I define an off-peak day as a crowd level of 1-3. Rather enjoyable IMO.

I define an average day as 4-7... As those are average.

The other big thing I use as a metric is splitting the crowd into above average (6+)/ average and below (5-). Generally tells us if they pull an above average crowd more often than not. DHS generally has more below days, DAK is running 50/50, Epcot is slightly above average and MK is perpetually pulling an above average crowd.

The goal is to get a good idea of what's going on. And what's going on is that MK is insanely busy beyond belief.

Last edited:

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
@PhotoDave219 I saw a rumor on another disney site about Star Wars Launch Bay opening in shanghai, while this part is true, they are also saying that this is opening at Disneyland in the invasions building, as well as DHS and they will open before the end of the year 2015... Any truth to this?

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
@PhotoDave219 I saw a rumor on another disney site about Star Wars Launch Bay opening in shanghai, while this part is true, they are also saying that this is opening at Disneyland in the invasions building, as well as DHS and they will open before the end of the year 2015... Any truth to this?

Disney publicly announced the Launch Bay will open in Shanghai. Thats a definite.

I have no idea about DL/DHS. My bothans are on the beach, hiding/drinking.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Hope they are enjoying it. Have a feeling they will be busy soon! Thanks for the reply!

I will pass on information once it works its way down to me. You realize I'm at the bottom of a lengthy chain of people....

So I'm not discounting this. I just dont know. Could be part of the Blue Sky Cellar, but thats pure speculation.

I do know that on December 18th, I will be seeing the film.

On December 19th, I will likely be seeing it again.

DancingPhoenix

I'm going to be extremely sad if they get rid of One Man's Dream as it is something I do every year and will always love. They can move it but for the love of all things just don't get rid of the whole thing :cry:

There are definitely plenty of places it could go and still make sense if they expand Pixar in that direction, just more toward the old Hollywood side of things. And I know, just rumors, but that one I am concerned about if it ends up true.

Sam Magic

So does anyone have a confirmation on what Jim Hill is saying about WDI and BoD scrambling to have something Star Wars related to show us in August after the original Star Wars land pitch was turned down for being 'stale and been there done that' true? According to Jim, the same feelings were expressed towards Toy Story in Pixar Place? Is there any other confirmation that this information is indeed true?

He also said last year that DHS was going to retain Indy and that now with the new 'flex' theater, Indy could be on the way out...

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
So does anyone have a confirmation on what Jim Hill is saying about WDI and BoD scrambling to have something Star Wars related to show us in August after the original Star Wars land pitch was turned down for being 'stale and been there done that' true? According to Jim, the same feelings were expressed towards Toy Story in Pixar Place? Is there any other confirmation that this information is indeed true?

He also said last year that DHS was going to retain Indy and that now with the new 'flex' theater, Indy could be on the way out...

Huh?

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
On his most recent podcast he talked about DAK ang MGM. What I posted is essentially what he said.

From what I'm hearing is that Star Wars will get lip service as for how it's happening at DHS.

You should get an announcement for Disneyland.

Beyond that, I'm not really clear what you're asking.

Sam Magic

From what I'm hearing is that Star Wars will get lip service as for how it's happening at DHS.

You should get an announcement for Disneyland.

Beyond that, I'm not really clear what you're asking.
I'm asking if anyone knows that what Jim Hill said is indeed true, or only one side of a more complex story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom