DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Bairstow

So.....Why no Name Change Announcement????

Probably ancient history now, but about a month ago in a podcast Jim Hill said that the proposed name focus-tested really badly.
At any rate, they're not going to re-brand the park until the new stuff is ready, and doing it now would either confuse people or associate the new name with the halfest-day park that ever halved a half.

hopemax

So while things look pretty and interesting (and they do, I enjoy bugsland in DCA for instance), I'm more of an Operations kind of girl, so I'm left wondering, "Where are all the people going to be?" Both Star Wars and Toy Story are going to bring lots more bodies into the park, but what is going to suck them up? In WWoHP, there's no denying that FJ, Hogwarts Express and Gringotts (when operating as intended) can handle thousands of people per hour, and Universal has yet to officially outdraw the WDW parks. After all the capacity that they are taking out, where does the capacity come back in?

wdwfan4ver

So.....Why no Name Change Announcement????
It wouldn't make any sense to do so at this point. I think Disney doesn't the name change to overlook the announcement of the 2 lands at this point. The other thing is DHS is years away from getting all the attractions completed.

I think Disney is waiting to announce the name change at a future D23 or have a separate press event like Disney Springs had.

AEfx

So is DHS gonna get its own sticky section now like DS and Avatar? Lots going on....

I hope not...there aren't going to be THAT many different threads (at least there shouldn't be, in regards to "NEWS"), and I find it awkward and weird that they are broken off like that, I never think to check them.

wdwfan4ver

I think DHS is 1 ride short, but I am happy about the announcements for DHS. I didn't have very high expectations for announcements for WDW getting into this D23 due to Shanghai Disneyland, Frozen and Pandora: Land of Avatar and is why I am happy about the announcements DHS got.

I have a feeling Disney has more planned for DHS that wasn't announced at D23, but I don't think something like a park structure would be announced at D23 event.

ToTBellHop

I think DHS is 1 ride short, but I am happy about the announcements for DHS. I didn't have very high expectations for announcements for WDW getting into this D23 due to Shanghai Disneyland, Frozen and Pandora: Land of Avatar and is why I am happy about the announcements DHS got.

I have a feeling Disney has more planned for DHS that wasn't announced at D23, but I don't think something like a park structure would be announced at D23 event.
I think there is more on the way.

Pumbaa1222

So... This might be a weird thought. The 3 "Lands" we know about for the new DHS are Hollywood Blvd, Star Wars, and Toy Story. What do these things potentially have in common? They are all basically regard as the "beginning" of their respective success. Could the "story". connection be related to the beginning? Might be an interesting uniting story, that could easily incorporate Walt

SpaceMountain77

So... This might be a weird thought. The 3 "Lands" we know about for the new DHS are Hollywood Blvd, Star Wars, and Toy Story. What do these things potentially have in common? They are all basically regard as the "beginning" of their respective success. Could the "story". connection be related to the beginning? Might be an interesting uniting story, that could easily incorporate Walt

Disney's Animal Kingdom has Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. Why not name it Disney's All Start Movies to match Disney's All Star Movies Resort. Embrace it o_O

WDW95

What are the odds that TSL is built first on the right, Star Wars second on the left of the park, and in the back as the third major land they build a clone of Treasure Cove from Shanghai Disneyland? It could be built after the new film comes out, then Pirates of the Caribbean closes at MK and instead is re-themed to the new Moana movie?

ProjectXBlog

What are the odds that TSL is built first on the right, Star Wars second on the left of the park, and in the back as the third major land they build a clone of Treasure Cove from Shanghai Disneyland? It could be built after the new film comes out, then Pirates of the Caribbean closes at MK and instead is re-themed to the new Moana movie?
potc would never leave magic kingdom

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom