DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

ToTBellHop

Exactly. One more area the scale of the other 2 would sound closer to right. I think SWL is gonna have a really, really high price tag. Even if infastructure costs around $1B (which sounds high), that still leaves almost $2B for the attractions.
And I could see SWL being up around $800m and another $400m for TSL. That leaves money for another land (though arguably not Carsland; still, a very nice land) along with other park updates.

MerlinTheGoat

Or they have lives and are out on a Saturday night...unlike us. :p
I don't doubt it (I had work today personally), though I would imagine most Disney fans (even busy ones) are keeping a close eye on the Disney topics today. And the ones who are generally "insiders" are probably scouring their sources for as much info as possible. Those two I mentioned usually rack up a lot of posts even when there isn't much news to discuss, so it's interesting to see their lack of posts today with all the announcements being dropped.

MerlinTheGoat

Phone was dead for several hours. Was socializing/working.

I'm excited. I still want to believe that there is more coming, but IDK.
Ah gotcha. I know you're a big Star Wars fan and that there had to be a reason you weren't posting. ;)

Hope there's more coming as well, especially regarding Pixar. Star Wars looks interesting and potentially very impressive (what little we've seen of it so far). But Toy Story Land (in spite of seeming moderately better than Playland) still left me wanting much more. I enjoyed the conference and have a lot to be happy about, but I hope Pixar gets a great ride in the end as well. For now though, we've at least some reason to be excited for a change.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Thanks for organizing all this new info in the OP, that is extremely helpful!

Do you, or did you expect an announcement regarding some sort of Cars attraction?
there must be a little bit left that they're hiding, right? where in gods name is my name change???

Carsland? Havent heard yes or no. It looks like there should be more land for them to use. I wasnt expecting one.... but the two family friendly rides are exactly what this park needs IMO. They need stuff for the smaller folks to do.
I'd like to think that my Bothans have more to offer but I believe their last note was to the effect of "Went to the Cantina for Blue Milk. Don't wait Up. Also putting it on your tab. Don't ask for details, we escaped with our jobs."

Name change? Meh. Doesnt bother me personally, also havent heard anything about it. Makes better sense to me on any rebranding towards when construction is done.

Will there be more? I hope so. Gonna have to see how this plays out.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Ah gotcha. I know you're a big Star Wars fan and that there had to be a reason you weren't posting. ;)

Hope there's more coming as well, especially regarding Pixar. Star Wars looks interesting and potentially very impressive (what little we've seen of it so far). But Toy Story Land (in spite of seeming moderately better than Playland) still left me wanting much more. I enjoyed the conference and have a lot to be happy about, but I hope Pixar gets a great ride in the end as well. For now though, we've at least some reason to be excited for a change.

14 acres is a lot of room to play. For everyone saying "thats it?" They've only hinted at a few things thus far. 14 acres is bound to have more than two attractions. Besides, details wont come out until after the movie comes out.

MerlinTheGoat

Even with Disney's bloat and infrastructure costs, I can't imagine Toy Story Land would eat up that big of a chunk of the huge budget. That still leaves a TON of cash for Star Wars. Again unless there's more to this...

At least it looks like Disney realizes the need to go big with Star Wars. I wonder who knocked some sense into them finally.

Bairstow

Even with Disney's bloat and infrastructure costs, I can't imagine Toy Story Land would eat up that big of a chunk of the huge budget. That still leaves a TON of cash for Star Wars. Again unless there's more to this...

At least it looks like Disney realizes the need to go big with Star Wars. I wonder who knocked some sense into them finally.

1380216939105.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom