DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

ULPO46

Honestly is anyone actually surprised about any of this? This has been known for a long time. It honestly should not come to a surprise to any one who has followed this exact thread or the rumors since the attractions began to shut down. Toy Story Land??? As popular as the IP is come on, there's more to Pixar than just Toy Story and just Cars. Cars turns 10 years old this coming year. Now I don't down play these much needed new lands. But wow, I thought there was more. Star Wars land wont be too big, it has to fit within the limits of the current Star Tours attraction and Indiana Jones. As for Pixar Place, all they need to do is demolish the Backlot tour and add the new Toy Story Attractions. Still awaiting the name change unless Mr. Iger was so incompetent to just blab a name change this past March/April. Honestly I am sorry to offend anyone but I thought it would be better I think many of you thought it would be better too. But it's basically going to be the same boring half day park it is today. But things could happen in the next five years that it takes before the project is complete. So crossing my fingers on this one!

ULPO46

Any timelines released?
No but we got the announcement of Avatar back in 2011, it's still under construction so don't expect first phase until 2018 2019 at earliest. Highly doubt all of this will be completed before the 50th Anniversary. At earliest I expect ground breaking to be done Late January early February since they want to wait for the release of the new star wars trilogy to build up the hype. Toy Story will be a work in progress at just about the same time. That I can recall, I can't remember a time when two lands where being built at the same time.

SwooshOU

Just finished watching the livestream (someone Periscoped it)... A couple of observations. The lady presenting the Toy Story Land portion referred to Hollywood Studios as Hollywood Studio (no 's') at least twice. Also, she alluded to the fact that although the Park began with the goal of giving guests a look at what happens behind the camera, this new Land would put guests in the middle of the action. And I think she kind of alluded to that idea a couple times through the presentation as well. As I think about the name change, I wonder how this idea of putting guests INSIDE the movie rather than a look "behind the camera" will affect the naming, if at all. I guess "Disney Hollywood Adventure" works still... but makes me wonder...

And for what it's worth, I'm a huge Disney optimist. I have three little girls who enjoy each and every park and resort. We make a point to explore all the nooks and crannies and look at the details and thought the Imagineers put in. We are passholders and live an hour away from the Magic. We've been going a couple times a month for the past 5 and a half years. It's an amazing place and I love it!

ULPO46

So, as for what is confirmed we are getting four new rides, and two upgrades to existing rides. Still the lowest ride total of any Disney Park, but it is progress. Plus more could be announced, with TSMM heading over to the new TS land, I find it hard to believe they would leave Pixar Place completely devoid of a single attraction
Sadly yes for now this is all that will take place during phase one. Marvel isn't exclusive to universal anything marvel related can be built 60 miles around IOA. So nothing marvel will be coming. LCA for now will be staying although WDI is looking at removing the show since it takes up so much space for a future expansion. If star wars proves to be sucessful enough to invest in. But these two project are no where near a cost of 3 billion US dollars. Theres just no way.

Mickey_777

So much happening at WDW in the next few years or so. Is it safe yet to say they're no longer resting on their laurels? It took them forever and it'll be just as long till it's all finished but still...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Honestly is anyone actually surprised about any of this? This has been known for a long time. It honestly should not come to a surprise to any one who has followed this exact thread or the rumors since the attractions began to shut down. Toy Story Land??? As popular as the IP is come on, there's more to Pixar than just Toy Story and just Cars. Cars turns 10 years old this coming year. Now I don't down play these much needed new lands. But wow, I thought there was more. Star Wars land wont be too big, it has to fit within the limits of the current Star Tours attraction and Indiana Jones. As for Pixar Place, all they need to do is demolish the Backlot tour and add the new Toy Story Attractions. Still awaiting the name change unless Mr. Iger was so incompetent to just blab a name change this past March/April. Honestly I am sorry to offend anyone but I thought it would be better I think many of you thought it would be better too. But it's basically going to be the same boring half day park it is today. But things could happen in the next five years that it takes before the project is complete. So crossing my fingers on this one!

Star Wars will be 14 acres and will not fit in that area alone.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Sadly yes for now this is all that will take place during phase one. Marvel isn't exclusive to universal anything marvel related can be built 60 miles around IOA. So nothing marvel will be coming. LCA for now will be staying although WDI is looking at removing the show since it takes up so much space for a future expansion. If star wars proves to be sucessful enough to invest in. But these two project are no where near a cost of 3 billion US dollars. Theres just no way.

East of the Mississippi, not 60 miles, but still the same outcome for WDW. Star Wars has already proven 100 times over that is is worth investing in.

brb1006

If Toy Story Land get's finished, I hope they might make Angel Kitty from the Toy Story Christmas special a meetable character during the holiday seasons around Christmas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom