DHS = Florida's DCA?

Animaniac93-98

I've never seen Alien listed on any most popular or best film lists. Now, Star Wars.... :lookaroun

#7 on this list by AFI:

http://www.afi.com/10top10/scifi.html

It's also been on both nominations lists for the 100 Greatest American Films and obviously has a following and popularity.

Alien also does double duty of representing Horror and Sci-Fi in an attraction that can't have the rights to the real horror classics (minus Chaney Phantom and Hunchback as they are public domain films, maybe Nosforatu is too?).

Star Wars has it's own ride and celebrations in the park elsewhere (was even in the last parade). Update it by all means, but it's fans will just want more and more and will surely think a GMR scene would still be not enough even if it were added.

I think they should find a way to add new movies to the GMR. There are a couple of parts in that ride that get on my nerves. I would like to see movies like The Lord of the Rings and Titanic. Movies like that. I would list Harry Potter here but somebody beat Disney to it. GMR is really one of my fav rides. It is amazing!

BTW, I bet Disney is ed that nobody snached up ANY of the Harry Potter rigths. NONE. No movies, products or theme parks. If Walt were alive that would be one thing he would have jumped on.

Star Wars would be cool too...

imagineer boy

DCA was flawed from conception; D-MGM was a perfect one day park in the mid 90`s.

I agree, it was good when it opened but now its been dumbed down to DCA quality. Oh well, atleast the themeing and atmosphere are still good.

- Get rid of Hat
- Put Earful Tower near front of park
- Replace Beauty and the Beast with D*ck Tracy's Crimestoppers
- Build Monsters Inc coaster
- Have Enchanted show at the backlot theater
- Replace tram tour with Radiator Springs Racers (but keep Catastrophe Canyon)
- Update Star Tours
- Replace Indy Stunt show with a combo of Indiana Jones Adventure and Temple of Peril (or just build a coaster themed to Temple of Doom).
- New film loop for Sci-Fi Dine In Theater
- Update technology in GMR but only change film selection by adding Gone With the Wind (and redo Fantasia and Footlight Parade altogether)
- Build a Nightmare Before Christmas ride where Big Al's/Pizza Planet is now (move those to PP)
- Upgrade/fix Fantasmic!

I agree with just about all of these. Only a couple of things: I'd like to see Pizza Planet replaced with the Gonzo muppets themed pizza place. I don't think D*ck Tracy is relevent anymore so I don't think the Crime Stoppers ride could work. I had idea of converting the B+B theater to be indoors with an outdoor night time effect so it feels like you're watching a performance at the Hollywood Bowl at night time.

On the subject of the GMR, it should NOT be replaced. I love how Disney's taken non Disney movies and immortalized them with animatronics. I mentioned before that the ride should be extended backwards into the HISTK play area. Here's what should be added: Jazz Musician, extended gangster section with scenes from Godfather and Goodfellas, Gone with the Wind, Citizen Cane, LOTR, and a better Fantasia scene.

Animaniac93-98

I don't think D*ck Tracy is relevent anymore so I don't think the Crime Stoppers ride could work. .

To hell with your precious "relevance"! Driving around, shooting gangsters in a place that looks like this:

354647.1020.A.jpg

Is cool. End of story.

emaginear

Isn't RnR to take on a "Muppets Electric Mayhem" theme? When Aerosmiths contract is up? I read it somewhere many may moons ago. Anyone know or heard of anything?

Also the Back Lot Tour was rumored to becoming "Carsland" I thought? :shrug:

SirGoofy

Isn't RnR to take on a "Muppets Electric Mayhem" theme? When Aerosmiths contract is up? I read it somewhere many may moons ago. Anyone know or heard of anything?

Also the Back Lot Tour was rumored to becoming "Carsland" I thought? :shrug:

The Muppet's RNRC is a fan idea as far as I know, although I do like the idea.

As for Carsland, it is heavily rumored, but definitely not a definite.

Animaniac93-98

Well, perhaps something similar could be put in just not themed to D*ck Tracy exactly. :shrug:

Why not? Tracy is not only appropriate for the 30s/40s era gangster environment and Sunset Blvd. (where his ride was to be built) but it allows Disney is use the Oscar winning art direction from the film with it's bold colour design and styling and the over the top villains (both in design and personality to shoot at) plus Danny Elfman's score and Tracy's gadgets to make the ride more exciting. It would be far more creative than a more generic looking gangster ride and Disney already owns the property (with Warren Beatty) and it would justify still having the rights in the case of the current lawsuit against Beatty and provide an entertianing and marketable attraction for guests. Best of all, it's already desgined to some degree which would help speed up the process of building it and the R&D for the rdie system has already been done.

Hell, if they built it they might be inclined to actually put together the Vista Series edition DVD they gave up on 7 years ago for the movie.

Chrononymous

Man, you all have such fabulous ideas.
This used to be my favorite park...and now, I spend far less time,when I am there

I'm putting on my Imagineering hat for this one...
Things I would LOVE to see in the Studios...

a reworking of the Animation tour that includes not just the history of cell animation but also spanking new digital processes and CGI animation techniques

The Great Movie Ride reborn as scenes from classic Disney movies and televison series

Honey I Shrunk the Kids playlot reborn as Pixie Hollow

Pizza Planet replaced by the church coffee house from the Muppet Movie ("with real good music and organic refreshments...") with continuing sets with the Electric Mayhem!

Something to replace the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. The blacklight puppet thing is cool, but that show really doesn't make any sense.

I would be a happier camper then.

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Man, you all have such fabulous ideas.
This used to be my favorite park...and now, I spend far less time,when I am there

I'm putting on my Imagineering hat for this one...
Things I would LOVE to see in the Studios...

a reworking of the Animation tour that includes not just the history of cell animation but also spanking new digital processes and CGI animation techniques

The Great Movie Ride reborn as scenes from classic Disney movies and televison series

Honey I Shrunk the Kids playlot reborn as Pixie Hollow

Pizza Planet replaced by the church coffee house from the Muppet Movie ("with real good music and organic refreshments...") with continuing sets with the Electric Mayhem!

Something to replace the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. The blacklight puppet thing is cool, but that show really doesn't make any sense.

I would be a happier camper then.

The Muppets are awesome and should have a bigger presence at the Studios. As a puppeteer, I'd like to see more as well. The last time I saw the Little Mermaid show I spent the time pointing out exactly how they did the puppet effects, because I've used them before...

hammysammy59

I want a Godzilla ride. Like, bad. I want Disney-level animatronics powering Godzilla's latest rampage through Tokyo, which would climax with the Big G fighting off a classic enemy, like King Ghidorah. It's important to note that when I say "Godzilla" I mean the REAL, atomic-fire breathing, -kicking Godzilla, not that CGI turd the Independence Day guys flung in our faces.

In general, I think it'd be awesome if Disney worked out deals with other movie companies to get the rights certain properties for rides--I feel like these rides would mesh well with the Star Wars and Indiana Jones attractions. I really dig the D!ck Tracey shoot-em-up ride idea, but how awesome would it be if instead of Tracey it was James Bond?

I definitely agree with upping the Muppet presence in the park... they should at least get an additional ride and restaurant or something.

Also, I say leave GMR alone! However, I think there have been some movies that have really stood the test of time and/or were revolutionary that should get some kind of nod, perhaps in the reel... I'm thinking like Jurassic Park or The Matrix--iconic, groundbreaking movies.

For crying out loud, add the Star Wars Cantina as a real, working restaurant! Honestly, some aspects of this park write themselves.

I agree that the Backlot Tour should go, but I think if you drop the Tour, you should drop Catastrophe Canyon too, sad as it would be to see it go.

I am ONLY okay with the idea of Cars-land if by "Cars" you mean famous movie cars (Batmobile, Ecto-1, etc.) and not the movie Cars.

WDWCPF98

So I know the theme for MK is Fantasy, EP is Discovery, DAK is Adventure - what is the theme for the Studios? Is it movies? Is it anything associated with Hollywood?

To me the Studios seems like a glorified SixFlags - especially the area of the park by LMA. The area is themed but I don't get the backstory.

I'm really worried that Pixar Place will become Miscellaneous-land. Already I don't understand how a Toy Story attraction and a rumored Monster's Inc. attraction could be built side by side. The only bond between them is Pixar.

Anyone else feel this way?

Enchantâmes

- Get rid of Hat
- Update Star Tours
- Replace Indy Stunt show with a combo of Indiana Jones Adventure and Temple of Peril (or just build a coaster themed to Temple of Doom).
- Update technology in GMR but only change film selection by adding Gone With the Wind (and redo Fantasia and Footlight Parade altogether)
- Build a Nightmare Before Christmas ride where Big Al's/Pizza Planet is now (move those to PP)
- Upgrade/fix Fantasmic!
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Thats my favorite show on property...

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
- Get rid of Hat

That will most likely happen. I personally have no problem with the hat, but it does block GMR...

Why? It's fine where it is...

That's not a popular enough film to replace a show based on an iconic Disney movie with.

That is probably going to happen, hopefully within the next few years.

I'd like to see an Enchanted show. The movie was popular and a show could be really funny if done right.

Hmm, although that does sound like an interesting idea, I'm not sure it's going to work, especially if Catastrophe Canyon is left standing. I agree that the Backlot Tour is rather pointless since there pretty much is no backlot left, but I'm not sure if there's enough space, even if CC was removed, for Radiator Springs Racers. Plus, it would need to be tied into Pixar Place somehow...

- Update Star Tours

That's luckily not a case of if, but a case of when... :animwink:

I'd like to see an Indy ride, but I'm not sure if the location is big enough for a ride. If we do get one here, I think it should be an original storyline, not like the other ones in existance. One that would be really cool would be Atlantis because then we could get a high tech water ride...

Yes! Once you've eaten there once you've seen pretty much everything there. I'd like to see either new clips added to the reel or perhaps even full screenings of these old 50s sci-fi movies. That would be interesting...

I'm going to stick by my guns and still say that I wouldn't mind seeing GMR replaced. With that being said, if they are just going to improve it, I'd like to see some more recient additions added in at least to make the ride more current.

I'd like to see that, but wouldn't MK be a better location? I guess it could kinda work at the Studios, but I see that as an MK type of ride.

- Upgrade/fix Fantasmic!

Again, that seems like a case of when, not if.

Overall, pretty solid ideas. I'd be pretty happy if most of them came into play.

Animaniac93-98

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! That's my favorite show on property...

If you've ever seen the Broadway show or the original North American tour, you'd think it's crap, which it is. Disney has done way better shows in and out of their parks and Beauty isn't really up to more recent standards like Aladdin at DCA, Snow White at DL or Finding Nemo at AK. If we must have a show I'd like to see a new take on Animazment!.

To Thrill Seeker. Keeping Catastrophe Canyon would at least make RRR at least somewhat different from it's DCA counterpart and not a full 100% clone. As for tying it int PP, you could easily extend the queue or themeing of the area to reach the BT entrance.

Moving the Earfult ower would make it easier to see outside or in the park and silence thse who wish to see park landmarks stuck in thier face.

Nightmare Before Christmas at DHS could support an eventual after hours Halloween party as planned at one point (with HKDL's glow in the dark parade).

As for Tracy, I've stuck up for him enough already. The ride has potential, the movie was a moneymaker in it's release and Disney and Beatty are getting flack for not using the rights to the character they own and this would give them an opportunity to use him. It's a shame that attractions these days must be based on things that curerently sell merch.

imagineer boy

Why? It's fine where it is...

You can barely see it from anywhere in the park making it a lot less noticable as an icon.
That is probably going to happen, hopefully within the next few years.

I'd like to see an Indy ride, but I'm not sure if the location is big enough for a ride. If we do get one here, I think it should be an original storyline, not like the other ones in existance.

Look at the Indy show area on google earth. There is TONS of space for both an Indy ride and a "Temple of Peril" type of roller coaster.

Enchantâmes

If you've ever seen the Broadway show or the original North American tour, you'd think it's crap, which it is. Disney has done way better shows in and out of their parks and Beauty isn't really up to more recent standards like Aladdin at DCA, Snow White at DL or Finding Nemo at AK. If we must have a show I'd like to see a new take on Animazment!.

To Thrill Seeker. Keeping Catastrophe Canyon would at least make RRR at least somewhat different from it's DCA counterpart and not a full 100% clone. As for tying it int PP, you could easily extend the queue or themeing of the area to reach the BT entrance.

Moving the Earfult ower would make it easier to see outside or in the park and silence thse who wish to see park landmarks stuck in thier face.

Nightmare Before Christmas at DHS could support an eventual after hours Halloween party as planned at one point (with HKDL's glow in the dark parade).

As for Tracy, I've stuck up for him enough already. The ride has potential, the movie was a moneymaker in it's release and Disney and Beatty are getting flack for not using the rights to the character they own and this would give them an opportunity to use him. It's a shame that attractions these days must be based on things that curerently sell merch.
Um, for one the Broadway show closed. Two I've loved the show since I was 4 years old. Three no one other than disney fans know who or what ________ Tracy is, thats why there is nothing based on it in the parks. Snow White at Dl closed after only a few years and was not held with great reviews.. Besides the current show packs them in all the way to the last row every time.

Animaniac93-98

Um, for one the Broadway show closed. Two I've loved the show since I was 4 years old. Three no one other than disney fans know who or what ________ Tracy is, thats why there is nothing based on it in the parks. Snow White at Dl closed after only a few years and was not held with great reviews.. Besides the current show packs them in all the way to the last row every time.

The superior quality show closed, so we should forget about it? And who's to say new tours will start? Should we forget about Mary Poppins, Lion King and Littler Mermiad too?

You liked it since you were four. Good for you.

The production values of Snow White were much better and so was the Hunchback show in the same park. The BatB show uses the same character costumes as the ones that walk around the parks, how uncreative is that? I agree with another post on this site which says the show is on par with a community theater production, and I'm not the only one who wants to see it go.

Anything will pack them in. It's a Disney show in a Disney park with a low attraction count, and you get to sit down in the shade for 25 minutes. You could put in a show called "Disney's Crap Heap of Amazement" and the crows would still show up. At least put something in that represents Disney's true potential quality for showmanship. I wouldn't mind DCA's Aladdin either if they want to get rid of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom