DHS-First to worst. Can I get an amen?

_Scar

Why? Why make it an all Disney ride? It would represent such a small percentage of the great movies, besides the ovies that are in there are truly great. No need to get rid of any of them.

Get ride of Alien for Star Wars and Tarzan for Lion King and the horror-movie section (mummies) into Snow White OR replace Casablanca with Snow White and put Casablanca in the horror section.

That's all I want :lookaroun:lol:

As a movie, Titanic honestly sucks.

I bet you don't like 100% of the movies in the GMR either, but that doesn't change their classic status.

Easy fix. Besides, most of the problem is the AA skin in this ride. It's way to shiny and most don't look like the stars enough. Change that and it'd be golden.

If it's so easy then why haven't they done it? :lookaroun There is SO MANY little things they can tweak and make better, but they don't and it makes the place feel dated in many respects.

All of F!'s effects work perfectly, and it's still a good show. Could it use an update? Sure why not. But it's far from rotting.

It's certainly nice, but you can't help but feel like they can do so much better. It's like our Pirates to DL's Pirates. Need I say more?

SirGoofy

Get ride of Alien for Star Wars and Tarzan for Lion King and the horror-movie section (mummies) into Snow White OR replace Casablanca with Snow White and put Casablanca in the horror section.

That's all I want :lookaroun:lol:

Uh, no. Alien covers 2 genres, and is incredibly iconic. Star Wars is already represented in the park, and in the ending movie. Animation is covered by Fantasia, and Lion King really doesn't fit the feel of GMR, IMO.

I bet you don't like 100% of the movies in the GMR either, but that doesn't change their classic status.

The only reason Titanic is remembered now is that it was the highest grossing movie of all time. Now that that's gone, I don't see it staying in the public consciousness.

If it's so easy then why haven't they done it? :lookaroun There is SO MANY little things they can tweak and make better, but they don't and it makes the place feel dated in many respects.

I don't know. Why haven't they updated Peter Pan's Flight? Why haven't they updated Snow White? Why haven't they updated half the rides that need it?

It's certainly nice, but you can't help but feel like they can do so much better. It's like our Pirates to DL's Pirates. Need I say more?

Bad comparison. Our F! is not a cheap copy of DL's. Sure DL's just got an update. One for DHS's would be great, but it's not like DHS's is completely terrible compared to DL's.

Future Guy

Speaking as an AP holder who lives 2 hours away, I like the Studios. It's the perfect park for a day trip because it has a good mix of attractions but doesn't take up a lot of real estate compared to the MK or EPCOT. You can spend 7 hours so, do everything you want to do, and be back home in time to get to bed at a decent hour so you can go to work the next morning.

In addition to the great attractions, I also really enjoy the Hollywood Blvd. characters and the little shows they put on.

_Scar

Uh, no. Alien covers 2 genres, and is incredibly iconic. Star Wars is already represented in the park, and in the ending movie. Animation is covered by Fantasia, and Lion King really doesn't fit the feel of GMR, IMO.

Alien is nowhere near iconic in any way share or form, but if you want to think that fine. This discussion is going around in circles lol

And why doesn't LK fit the GMR?! It's a movie- it should fit. :lol:

The only reason Titanic is remembered now is that it was the highest grossing movie of all time. Now that that's gone, I don't see it staying in the public consciousness.

We'll see. I don't think it will ever be forgotten and James will be known for Titanic- not Avatar.

I don't know. Why haven't they updated Peter Pan's Flight? Why haven't they updated Snow White? Why haven't they updated half the rides that need it?

Money. GMR should of at least got one major refurb in the past 10 years that dealt with the AA problem, yet nothing. It amazes me.

Bad comparison. Our F! is not a cheap copy of DL's. Sure DL's just got an update. One for DHS's would be great, but it's not like DHS's is completely terrible compared to DL's.

Well, it's a copy with unique twists- that all pretty much suck compared to its Disneyland counterpart.

I can only wish they brought over some WoC technology and maybe use some of the Pocahontas scene from WoC in our F! replacing some water screen. It seems like that would be an easy thing to do.

SirGoofy

Alien is nowhere near iconic in any way share or form, but if you want to think that fine. This discussion is going around in circles lol

WHOA! Never said it was anywhere near Star Wars. Still, Star Wars is represented in the park and the ride.

We'll see. I don't think it will ever be forgotten and James will be known for Titanic- not Avatar.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. You may be right about Titanic not be forgotten, but you're dead wrong about Titanic being Cameron's most remembered film. Avatar will change movies forever. That form of motion capture opens up so many opportunities for films.

EpcotServo

I really want to know how the park has gone "miles" downhill as everyone claims.

It's done nothing but improve and add world class attractions.:shrug:

You see, everyone was complaining about how boring and outdated the Backlot Tour was, so now that it's not and has been shortned and updated as well as supplemented with a new and exciting stunt show, the park clearly has no meaning anymore and has gone way downhill.

You see, It makes so much sense if you're completely freaking out of your gordita!

SirGoofy

You see, everyone was complaining about how boring and outdated the Backlot Tour was, so now that it's not and has been shortned and updated as well as supplemented with a new and exciting stunt show, the park clearly has no meaning anymore and has gone way downhill.

You see, It makes so much sense if you're completely freaking out of your gordita!

Personally, I hate LMA, but still, it's more interesting than a bunch of fake houses.:lol:

Yea, the complaints about DHS are insane, and this is coming from someone who probably has opinions that quite a few people here think are insane.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Personally, I hate LMA, but still, it's more interesting than a bunch of fake houses.:lol:

Yea, the complaints about DHS are insane, and this is coming from someone who probably has opinions that quite a few people here think are insane.

I've personally never had any issue with your opinions....

Oh wait, that's not much of an endorsement, is it? :hammer:

Future Guy

I like LMA, as well. (and my DW really loves it). I think the whole thing where they grab a kid from the audience and let him "drive" the stunt car by remote control, only to reveal that there's a driver in there, is kind of mean-spirited, though. But it doesn't ruin the show for me.

kcnole

I think the main thing killing DHS is that it just doesn't have much identity anymore. Sure, everything in it is about movies or television or Hollywood, or music, or.... I guess I was right, it has no cohesive theme.

If there were some way to make the whole park feel like a unified experience I think that would go a long way to making the park feel more magical.

I'd like to see this park get a huge overhaul like DCA is getting instead of getting piecemealed together.

I think the main thing killing DHS is that it just doesn't have much identity anymore. Sure, everything in it is about movies or television or Hollywood, or music, or.... I guess I was right, it has no cohesive theme.

If there were some way to make the whole park feel like a unified experience I think that would go a long way to making the park feel more magical.

I'd like to see this park get a huge overhaul like DCA is getting instead of getting piecemealed together.

I suppose if you REALLY wanted to clutch at straws you could say that it's a Hollywood Studio now, and not a Hollywood Movie Studio :drevil:

surfsupdon

The park has lost its identity, and it shows. It just feels thrown together.

Our family, we always love the Hollywood that never was theme, an idealized look at how we always picture Hollywood.

Now its just a smorasbord of pop culture and self promotion run amock if you leave Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards. Both Streets do remain a personal favorite area, but the rest of the park is very peculiar.

rachinator282

i haven't been to wdw in like forever. did they get rid of the who wants to be a millionaire ride? or that one where you ride through like a history of movies and stuff? those rides were great! hopefully they didn't get rid of them because that would be a shame!

EpcotServo

Yes, Movies, TV, and Music have nothing to do with each other. It's so random, it's like some kind of park about the Entertainment industry...

WAIT A MINUTE

Exprcoofto

DHS is my least favorite park and has been since I visited over ten years ago. I'm thinking that it's going to be the bottom of my list for quite some time.

Animaniac93-98

Can't they just call the place "Disney's Hollywood Theme Park"? That seems to sum up it's theme and content while cutting all ties of begin an actual studio.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom