DHS CARS LAND

WDW1974

Not really.
Disney World guests are usually not local and usually are only able to make it down to the park once in a couple years.
Understandably, they get very bummed out when a ride is closed during their visit, which is why Disney World does everything it can to minimize attraction downtime.

None of the other major Orlando theme parks close attractions for seasonal overlays either.

It is a BS excuse.

By that rationale, Disney shouldn't have things like the Food and Wine Festival because of the way they change the park ....certainly no Ozzy and Sharon Lightacular either. BS through and through.

Last edited:

WDW1974

Huh. I never heard that. I do remember that there was plans for a smaller Circus area and part of that space to be used as a "Pixie Hollow" for Tinkerbell and friends that included a flat ride. Also, I think there was some plans for a Wonderland or a Neverland area.

All true ... But the mine train was included in an early plan for the project and taken out for more meet-greet-and-gropes.

Californian Elitist

I heard that surveys were done on this subject a few years back. When Guests were told about these overlays, a very big chunk of them said they would NOT be interested in seeing these changes, and that they would not plan a vacation to WDW just for these overlays. I am just reporting what I heard.

Yeah, and I've heard they don't do them simply because they're cheap (TDO). I bet it's both.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Not really.
Disney World guests are usually not local and usually are only able to make it down to the park once in a couple years.
Understandably, they get very bummed out when a ride is closed during their visit, which is why Disney World does everything it can to minimize attraction downtime.

None of the other major Orlando theme parks close attractions for seasonal overlays either.
Doesn't wild arctic? It used to be a major attraction, its barely even that now.

Bairstow

It is a BS excuse.

By that rationale, Disney shouldn't have things like the Food and Wine Festival because of the way they change the park ....certainly no Ozzy and Sharon Lightacular either. BS through and through.

Yeah, but they don't have to shut down Test Track for four weeks to pull out the Food and Wine carts.

Dfan48

and I would like to remind you guys that Marvel are not allowed In Disney parks in Orlando and in Japan.so we could really see Pixar Starwars or Live adaptations of movies such as Alice or OZ

TP2000

Cars Land is out for DHS (it's also out for Tokyo).

Some type of Pixar Place expansion -- which might include a Cars ride -- is still being considered but not approved and may not happen.

Amazing how things change over the course of a year.

Cars Land is still wildly popular, but now will apparently remain an Anaheim exclusive for the rest of this decade. Or perhaps forever?

Whatever they have planned for DHS better be really, really good. Like Cars Land good. According to the Miceage update on Tuesday, Disneyland is getting a bunch of Star Wars stuff in Tomorrowland now, including an E Ticket Speeder Bike thing. And that will be cloned for DHS? But then what else does DHS get beyond the Tomorrowland clones from Disneyland? DHS needs something only DHS has to get people flooding the park, and the Great Movie Ride and American Idol ain't it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom