DHS CARS LAND

Soarin' Over Pgh

To me it sounded like what they did for Car’s Land with one big ride surrounded by a themed land that has other smaller rides but when you are in there you feel like you are surrounded by the Star Wars universe. The main ride theme was described to me but I think someone else is going to have to give that secret away. I’m sure if I know someone else here does.

The best thing I've read for a while.

Any little hints? itty bitty hints? Anything? Please?

Genie of the Lamp

The best thing I've read for a while.

Any little hints? itty bitty hints? Anything? Please?

I agree.:) However, Tikiman has given us more info then he probably wanted to so will just wait and see/hear from others on this project. I am found of the idea for an X-Tie/winger attraction being the headliner here (use an attraction vehicle similar to the one that was constructed in NYC built out of Legos). Just have to be patient. Like Ellen Degeneres says "good things come to those who wait". So it seems like this project will result in 2-3 new rides in addition to Star Tours (which would equate to 3-4 rides for this new area), quite a few shops and restaurants, etc.

orky8

I agree.:) However, Tikiman has given us more info then he probably wanted to so will just wait and see/hear from others on this project. I am found of the idea for an X-Tie/winger attraction being the headliner here (use an attraction vehicle similar to the one that was constructed in NYC built out of Legos). Just have to be patient. Like Ellen Degeneres says "good things come to those who wait". So it seems like this project will result in 2-3 new rides in addition to Star Tours (which would equate to 3-4 rides for this new area), quite a few shops and restaurants, etc.

Yes, I don't think anyone ever said that before Ellen...

tikiman

That would be cool but No x-wing was in the plan for the ride. If I told you what movie it would be based on it would give it away.

derekburgan

OI_Radiator-Springs-Restrooms-disneys-hollywood-studios-550x366.jpg

What about a Tangled-style elaborate bathroom? ;)
http://www.orlandoinformer.com/2013/rumor-round-up-for-may-24-universal-orlando-walt-disney-world/

Calvin Coolidge

That would be cool but No x-wing was in the plan for the ride. If I told you what movie it would be based on it would give it away.

Sooo...podracers? It'd be sort of disappointing, but it would fit Tatooine I guess. Still could be cool. I'd love to keep it more focused on original trilogy stuff but beggars can't be choosers.

Anyway...Cars Land. I'd rather the increased Pixar presence in DHS not be Cars but if it has to be, I wouldn't be too upset if RSR was not involved. I think a well-done darkride, even using some modified RSR effects, could be pretty fun. DHS needs more rides, but it does specifically need more family rides.

djlaosc

Sooo...podracers? It'd be sort of disappointing, but it would fit Tatooine I guess. Still could be cool. I'd love to keep it more focused on original trilogy stuff but beggars can't be choosers.

You would think that they would be able to create a podracing version of Radiator Springs Racers, at least the outside portion. Of course, that is the part that would be affected by weather.

One thing it would probably need would be more podracers to race against than just the other car on RSR, in order to have more of a race, as well as cut queue time.

doctornick

My reaction to tikiman's hint is that it is either Episode 1 and pod racers or Episode VI and a speeder bike coaster. But I agree that pod racer seems more likely of the two. And it would enable a star wars land to be themed to Tantooine, with the Mos Eisley Cantina as well. If that's the case, I wouldn't mind a smaller kid friendly ride based on the Jawas or a landspeeder.

One nice thing about creating an environment based on Tantooine is that WDW doesn't have any areas that are particularly themed to desert. So, it would be pretty distinct for WDW (unlike, say, Endor that would be jungle oriented already evoked in DAK and in Adventureland).

NoChesterHester

Anyway...Cars Land. I'd rather the increased Pixar presence in DHS not be Cars but if it has to be, I wouldn't be too upset if RSR was not involved. I think a well-done darkride, even using some modified RSR effects, could be pretty fun. DHS needs more rides, but it does specifically need more family rides.

While this does make sense, it sure looks like Disney is trying to step away from the prequel era. Besides, doesn't Star Tour 2 contain a pod race scene already?

If I had to guess, the existing Endor Forest Set in front of Star Tours would be expanded and the ride would be the speeder bikes from Return of the Jedi.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom