DHS CARS LAND

The Empress Lilly

Fake frozen planet in Orlando... in July? Blinding white concrete everywhere in the intense sun?

No thanks.
UNI

6028103338_c2242e8af7_z.jpg

SEA

swo_antarctica_construction2.jpg

jt04

My thoughts exactly. The snow on the rooftops of Hogsmeade is fantastic and ancillary to the buildings, pavings, and environment. The concrete snow at Antartica in SW and all of Blizzard Beach it is the environment. I find it blinding.

I am really not trying to be contrary, but as we all learned, the sun is quite intense over the poles at certain times. So I find that blinding white snow against the blue sky rather beautiful. Really makes for some great place setting and photos. I find all of these environments equally compelling especially because they are in Florida..

JMHO.

Taylor

I just want that Hoth Land. :)

With a cart selling barbequed TaunTaun leg. And a ride with an overhead Wampa who swings his arm at you with the power of an Y-wing jet.
No! What I really want is a Star Wars waterpark. On Hoth. With sixty Brazilian tour group girls all dressed in a Leia bikini. With real-size, real walking AT-AT's coming at ya!
100 times yeah

G00fyDad

With a cart selling barbequed TaunTaun leg. And a ride with an overhead Wampa who swings his arm at you with the power of an Y-wing jet.
No! What I really want is a Star Wars waterpark. On Hoth. With sixty Brazilian tour group girls all dressed in a Leia bikini. With real-size, real walking AT-AT's coming at ya!

But all that would mean is that 6 months into the ride the creature would break and never get fixed leading to the inevitable Disco Wampa song.

RSoxNo1

There are plenty of pun options in the Star Wars Universe, my favorite option is Admiral SnAckbar, serving "It's a Frappe!"

Wikkler

If they get rid of Echo Lake, consider me disappointed. DHS is the only park in Orlando, and only major theme park I can think of other than USH, lacking waterways, lakes, or lagoons, and taking the one it has out is a mistake. The place is already a concrete wasteland, making it even more of one isn't the best decision.
They should retheme DHS as "Disney's Concrete Jungle Kingdom".

OSUPhantom

While this does make sense, it sure looks like Disney is trying to step away from the prequel era. Besides, doesn't Star Tour 2 contain a pod race scene already?

If I had to guess, the existing Endor Forest Set in front of Star Tours would be expanded and the ride would be the speeder bikes from Return of the Jedi.

I hope this is it. Pod Racers would be the last thing I'd want to see. I hated that scene.

britain

I bet it's Tatooine. It makes sense for a number of reasons:

1) It was a featured location in 4 of the 6 films. If any one place says "Star Wars" it's that one.

2) It's depicted as a polyglot of cultures, truck-stopping aliens, charming rouges, dangerous gangsters, imperial officers and Jedi all could be seen walking about there. Not really true about Hoth or Endor. This not only widens storytelling possibilities, but it leaves wiggle room for new Episode 7-9 species / vehicles to be dropped in once they are know to the world.

3) While you could say that Courasant or possibly Bespin are just as wide open for diverse storytelling, that location is too much of just another clean shiny Tomorrowland. WDW already has one (or two if you count Future World). The resort needs more weathered, aged, escapism - Tatooine is ideal for that kind of placemaking.

4) While it kinda sucks that a podracing attraction would make the lame Episode 1 the new headlining E-ticket for a park saluting the greatest of Hollywood, it has the potential to really fit cutting edge theme park tech: Think building your own pod (a la TT2.0), variability from a real for real race against other racers (if its one big video game simulator) or, while we're dreaming, a Kuka arm attached to Radiator Springs Racers... Could be mind blowing.

RSoxNo1

Think of what is the easiest to transition in and out of though... that's not Tattoine unless they're also building a full Carsland. If they are doing both, the current park layout probably limits their ability to share rockwork anyway.

The Empress Lilly

I bet it's Tatooine. It makes sense for a number of reasons:

1) It was a featured location in 4 of the 6 films. If any one place says "Star Wars" it's that one.

2) It's depicted as a polyglot of cultures, truck-stopping aliens, charming rouges, dangerous gangsters, imperial officers and Jedi all could be seen walking about there. Not really true about Hoth or Endor. This not only widens storytelling possibilities, but it leaves wiggle room for new Episode 7-9 species / vehicles to be dropped in once they are know to the world.

3) While you could say that Courasant or possibly Bespin are just as wide open for diverse storytelling, that location is too much of just another clean shiny Tomorrowland. WDW already has one (or two if you count Future World). The resort needs more weathered, aged, escapism - Tatooine is ideal for that kind of placemaking.

4) While it kinda sucks that a podracing attraction would make the lame Episode 1 the new headlining E-ticket for a park saluting the greatest of Hollywood, it has the potential to really fit cutting edge theme park tech: Think building your own pod (a la TT2.0), variability from a real for real race against other racers (if its one big video game simulator) or, while we're dreaming, a Kuka arm attached to Radiator Springs Racers... Could be mind blowing.
I hear whispered rumours of a DHS pod racing ride not based on TT/RSR, but on Shanghai's Tron.

I agree Tatooine makes the most sensible location for a SW land. Personally, I might opt for a Death Star interior. If ever there was a change for a fully immersive, large scale land that is indoors it is SW land. Think of how easy and cheap it is to just build a few painted walls in a soundstage, as opposed to expensive rockwork / plants / buildings. All you need are a few windows with projections of stars and ships docking and space battles, and it will look great too!

ctxak98

Wait...I don't feel like reading all of these pages so can someone answer me this! Is there good chances of a Star Wars land coming????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom