DHS CARS LAND

juniorthomas

If they built grand E-Ticket Incredibles land I don't believe they would go with the city portion of the movie. I think Syndrome's Lair would make for a spectacular "land". Maybe a smaller city section to hold a shop or 2, and the load station of a Pod style people mover to get guests out to the Volcano Island. (Looks sort of like this):

3016_sea_01.jpg

Once at the island you would find an Omnidroid Spinner, another D-Ticket, and the Mega E-Ticket. And maybe a table service restaurant in this room.

incredibles00047.jpg

That would also give DHS it's first "Mountain".
Absolutely. There is A LOT to work with if you use Nomanisan. And with their "generic" home town, you could easily play up the mid-century angle and even Edna's home/workshop. Lots of fun there.

OneAdam12

Greetings! I have been a looooong time reader of this site and want to thank all of the posters for many years of entertaining discussion. I consider this the #1 WDW discussion site and enjoy visiting it daily. With all the latest talk about the Studios getting some attention I finally had to jump in and make this my first post.

To the point: Carsland, more specifically RSR, is an outdoor attraction that will be forced to close in bad weather just like Test Track does when lightning is in the area and when it rains. I just see alot of money pumped into this land only to have its rides (Mater's Junkyard Jamboree included) closed for many hours each year due to Florida rains. I prefer to see money invested in something unique and indoors for this very reason. Besides, with WDW's decline in maintenance I do not trust any new attraction to last a few months without something breaking on it.

The Fantasyland Expansion I think is a disaster. They spent all that money on a cloned attraction of a movie that came out 20 years ago and a restaurant, and meet and greet of characters that are 15 years old. Only to be followed up with a roller coaster containing characters from a 70 year old film!

They have so many newer properties that they could have used, and still could use, in DHS. I hope they rethink Carsland and go with something newer and indoors.

Thoughts?

Goofyernmost

I have to disagree with you on both. Anaheim is open to rain too. Florida needs a super attraction, that would be it.

Fantasyland Expansion might end up a disaster, but I think that we all should wait until it is completed and all dressed up pretty and then make that determination. The mine ride, thrilling or not, is going to add a lot to that area and as soon as it is all opened up, it will have a better working flow to it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I have to disagree with you on both. Anaheim is open to rain too. Florida needs a super attraction, that would be it.

Fantasyland Expansion might end up a disaster, but I think that we all should wait until it is completed and all dressed up pretty and then make that determination. The mine ride, thrilling or not, is going to add a lot to that area and as soon as it is all opened up, it will have a better working flow to it.

Yes, but Anaheim doesn't get anywhere near as much rain as Orlando does.

Goofyernmost

I'm all for uniqueness. Give Florida something else and quit cloning everything.
There are only a few Disney Parks in the world. How much more unique do they have to get. We want it in Florida. Make believe it isn't there if that helps. Unique to thousands of people means..."I'll never get to see it.":(

Genie of the Lamp

Greetings! I have been a looooong time reader of this site and want to thank all of the posters for many years of entertaining discussion. I consider this the #1 WDW discussion site and enjoy visiting it daily. With all the latest talk about the Studios getting some attention I finally had to jump in and make this my first post.

To the point: Carsland, more specifically RSR, is an outdoor attraction that will be forced to close in bad weather just like Test Track does when lightning is in the area and when it rains. I just see alot of money pumped into this land only to have its rides (Mater's Junkyard Jamboree included) closed for many hours each year due to Florida rains. I prefer to see money invested in something unique and indoors for this very reason. Besides, with WDW's decline in maintenance I do not trust any new attraction to last a few months without something breaking on it.

The Fantasyland Expansion I think is a disaster. They spent all that money on a cloned attraction of a movie that came out 20 years ago and a restaurant, and meet and greet of characters that are 15 years old. Only to be followed up with a roller coaster containing characters from a 70 year old film!

They have so many newer properties that they could have used, and still could use, in DHS. I hope they rethink Carsland and go with something newer and indoors.

Thoughts?

Greetings first time poster and Welcome to WDWMAGIC!:)

Californian Elitist

There are only a few Disney Parks in the world. How much more unique do they have to get. We want it in Florida. Make believe it isn't there if that helps. Unique to thousands of people means..."I'll never get to see it.":(

I want to see Epcot and Animal Kingdom. I don't want them cloned in California, though. I'm going to spend the money and go to Florida. If you want to see Cars Land, save your money and hop on a plane.

Goofyernmost

I want to see Epcot and Animal Kingdom. I don't want them cloned in California, though. I'm going to spend the money and go to Florida. If you want to see Cars Land, save your money and hop on a plane.
Large parts of both plus DHS were in DCA aka DLR. If we are going to get hostile about it...we want ToT back. You can come to Florida if you want to ride that.:p

I'd spend that much money if 1) it was the same amount as I have to pay to go to WDW and 2) if once I got there I would find 4 parks, 2 water parks, AK Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, 2 mini golf courses, & 3 regulation golf courses and didn't have Harbor Blvd. to deal with. :cool:

Californian Elitist

Large parts of both plus DHS were in DCA aka DLR. If we are going to get hostile about it...we want ToT back. You can come to Florida if you want to ride that.:p

I'd spend that much money if 1) it was the same amount as I have to pay to go to WDW and 2) if once I got there I would find 4 parks, 2 water parks, AK Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, 2 mini golf courses, & 3 regulation golf courses and didn't have Harbor Blvd. to deal with. :cool:

That's my point. There are already too many cloned rides. You can give us back Fantasmic!, while we're at it.

It's obvious you have no plans on coming to Anaheim, so I guess you won't be seeing Cars Land. I don't see why people complain about Harbor Blvd all the time. If you refuse to visit DLR, oh well. I really don't feel sorry for people who want to experience attractions at other parks, but would rather not visit the parks and just have the rides cloned. What is that all about?

Captain Chaos

That's my point. There are already too many cloned rides. You can give us back Fantasmic!, while we're at it.

It's obvious you have no plans on coming to Anaheim, so I guess you won't be seeing Cars Land. I don't see why people complain about Harbor Blvd all the time. If you refuse to visit DLR, oh well. I really don't feel sorry for people who want to experience attractions at other parks, but would rather not visit the parks and just have the rides cloned. What is that all about?
Why would you want Fantasmic back? You have the better version anyway LOL....

OneAdam12

I agree Florida needs an attraction but just consider the weather. CA gets alot less rain.

Disaster might have been the wrong word. Disappointment may be more like it. Rides and attractions with themes that are 15-20 years too late and are not even E tickets just doesnt wow me. TDO could not even get this expansion right! Even when the SDMT opens it wont get me to make a trip down there. Like many others on these boards I am frustrated with the lack of effort by TDO.

Goofyernmost

Please...you can have Fantasmic. Never was impressed with that anyway, never asked for it, just got it. As for DLR, been there, done that, not worth the 6 hour plane ride in my opinion. I'm glad I did it once but if it's written someplace on my future itineraries, it's so far down I can't see it.

Saying there shouldn't be "clones" would certainly punch a lot of holes in our economy. Only one McDonalds, Burger King, Outback, Olive Garden, Sears, J.C. Penny's, only one mall, only one movie theater able to show the same movie on the east coast at the same time as one is playing on the west coast. The mere fact that there are multiple Disney Parks sorta throws that "no clone" out the window all by itself. Disneyland is an entity as a grouping of theme park attractions, it doesn't matter what the attractions are or were, Disneyland is unique. Then Walt himself, decided to clone the thing on the east coast. Why...if the east coasters wanted a Disneyland, why didn't they just go to California and see it?

Californian Elitist

Please...you can have Fantasmic. Never was impressed with that anyway, never asked for it, just got it. As for DLR, been there, done that, not worth the 6 hour plane ride in my opinion. I'm glad I did it once but if it's written someplace on my future itineraries, it's so far down I can't see it.

Saying there shouldn't be "clones" would certainly punch a lot of holes in our economy. Only one McDonalds, Burger King, Outback, Olive Garden, Sears, J.C. Penny's, only one mall, only one movie theater able to show the same movie on the east coast at the same time as one is playing on the west coast. The mere fact that there are multiple Disney Parks sorta throws that "no clone" out the window all by itself. Disneyland is an entity as a grouping of theme park attractions, it doesn't matter what the attractions are or were, Disneyland is unique. Then Walt himself, decided to clone the thing on the east coast. Why...if the east coasters wanted a Disneyland, why didn't they just go to California and see it?

You can have Tower of Terror, that ride is not all that. That's fine you don't want to visit DLR again. Clearly you don't want to see Cars Land bad enough.

Actually Walt Disney hated repeating himself. He didn't care about Magic Kingdom, he cared about Epcot, which isn't a clone of Disneyland. Magic Kingdom was built because he lacked funds for Epcot. The store/restaurant comparison doesn't really fly with me. You can't compare theme park attractions to a store. Why would I visit the other Disney parks if they were all the same? Cloning everything is just a lack of effort. Think of something else, something different. It's boring and almost pointless when everything's the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom