DHS CARS LAND

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I didn't read through all 260+ posts so this could have already been mentioned, but if memory serves me correctly, isn't there a "carslike" movie coming out based on planes? I could see TDO bringing a clone of Carsland in with a Planesland section and have a somewhat unique offering on the east coast while playing off the popularity of what's on the west coast.

CaptainWinter

I didn't read through all 260+ posts so this could have already been mentioned, but if memory serves me correctly, isn't there a "carslike" movie coming out based on planes? I could see TDO bringing a clone of Carsland in with a Planesland section and have a somewhat unique offering on the east coast while playing off the popularity of what's on the west coast.

There is a Planes movie in the works, but if I recall correctly it's straight-to-DVD (and there was some buzz about the trailer for Planes being godawful).

MickeysStalker

The Planes movie is a direct to DVD.

IMO, I don't want a "Carsland" for the Studios at all. Never was a fan of the movies. It would be nice if they added a new attraction to Pixar Place though.

Timothy_Q

Yeah, but "Planes" is only a direct to DVD spinoff. Pixar has no involvement with that. I don't think it would be popular enough for a land.

alphac2005

It'll be interesting to see what actually happens here. Carsland is clearly an old school, high-end Disney product, which we haven't seen here in the States in years, but why does the answer seem to be only licensed tie-in to everything and more importantly Pixar? (I understand the whole branding, etc., just more of a rhetorical statement here.)

Secondly, if we end up with Radiator Springs Racers, it reminds me of Star Tours and Body Wars. Although the visuals are different with RSR and Test Track, it's the same vehicle, same track based concept, etc, although it's better than what Universal is apparently doing in bringing in Transformers (then again, it seems like this is just an added bonus to Universal, kind of an unexpected surprise), while it is awesome, it's dead-on with Spiderman down to even timing of many of the effects.

sweetpee_1993

Yeah, I'm not wading thru all 14 pages of posts that hash out all the little bits. Who has that kind of time?

Carsland/RSRs in DHS is flat out stupid. Yes, I said it. Stoooooo-pid! Why does Disney insist on homogenizing everything between the coasts??? Hhhmmm...let's see....so people will go to one coast, have a big family vacation, and NOT see any reason to go to the other coast for Disney experiences they've not yet had??? Give people a reason to dole out twice the money into Mickey's hands over 2 vacations vs. just once. Geez. I'm not the most educated of people and even I can see this one plain as day.

Maybe there is something to the zombie fad that seems to be infiltrating every aspect of pop culture these days. There seems to be plenty of mindless zombies heading up the decision-making positions with Disney nowadays....:rolleyes:

cynic710

to me, its like adding a turbo to a non-turbo car...You cant just install a turbo and be on your way, you need to change several components in the engine so everything works together. For carsland to come to dhs a few other things need to happen. For instance, the similarities to RSR and test track make two rides practically the same experience, despite being in two different parks. Disney would have to modify either so that its a different experience all together. Also, would a direct clone really work?

I am all for plenty of cars themed areas in DHS, but its just gotta be done right, a direct clone may not be the way to go.

mickey2008.1

I like the fact that Disney is maybe going to do something with DHS, but does it need to be a clone. And secondly, why a clone of Test Track that is now being refurbished. I dont know, two rides of the same type so close together. Different parks, but still with in WDW. Will it just be LMA, or all of BLT?

aladdin2007

So many unknowns....

Last I'd heard was RSR possibly but no Carsland, as a highlight of Pixarland/Place. Whilst things do change, could this be a CL with no RSR? Or the reverse?

Or a cheap RSR, like ToT elsewhere or Pooh in the States or Indy in Paris? Only a few weeks ago I heard about a few D, not E, tickets for DHS.

Thats exactly my worry if they bring RSR here. It could be a shortened cheap out version without any of the amazing indoor show scenes portions etc. If TDO can find a way to chop the budget its things like that they would cut out or wittle down. If they arent going to do the full thing I dont want it at all.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It'll be interesting to see what actually happens here. Carsland is clearly an old school, high-end Disney product, which we haven't seen here in the States in years, but why does the answer seem to be only licensed tie-in to everything and more importantly Pixar? (I understand the whole branding, etc., just more of a rhetorical statement here.)

Secondly, if we end up with Radiator Springs Racers, it reminds me of Star Tours and Body Wars. Although the visuals are different with RSR and Test Track, it's the same vehicle, same track based concept, etc, although it's better than what Universal is apparently doing in bringing in Transformers (then again, it seems like this is just an added bonus to Universal, kind of an unexpected surprise), while it is awesome, it's dead-on with Spiderman down to even timing of many of the effects.
The issue with Star Tours and Body Wars was that one was good, the other was not. Having two attractions with the same ride system, but both being well executed attractions, I dont think will be an issue.

Do you classify Small World and Pirates as a problem, because it is the same ride system? or all of the Omnimovers being a problem? Or the Great Movie Ride and Universe of Energy?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Thats exactly my worry if they bring RSR here. It could be a shortened cheap out version without any of the amazing indoor show scenes portions etc. If TDO can find a way to chop the budget its things like that they would cut out or wittle down. If they arent going to do the full thing I dont want it at all.
I really don't see it being a chopped down version, the comparisons would be far too easy to make and would reflect badly. How about this thought, they may IMPROVE on what was done at DCA.

aladdin2007

I really don't see it being a chopped down version, the comparisons would be far too easy to make and would reflect badly. How about this thought, they may IMPROVE on what was done at DCA.

Good point!! I like it, but like Martin said it could go the other way too, but I think your right comparisons would be made and it would just look bad.

MissMorrow

Oh dear, leave the boards for an evening and this happens! I haven’t read through the entire thread yet, so sorry if I’m just repeating.

As one who loves DHS I can’t say I’m overly excited by this, should it come to fruition. It doesn’t go, but since they seem intent on leaving the park in thematic confusion, I suppose it doesn’t matter.

I imagine the meeting went something like this, “Hey CL is a success in California, let’s plop it down in Florida. DHS needs something, let’s put it there.” “Brilliant!”

But given the choice between CL and LMA/Backlot Tour, I’ll take CL! I’d still prefer a third option of fixed and restored park. Why is this not an option?

sweetpee_1993

Good point!! I like it, but like Martin said it could go the other way too, but I think your right comparisons would be made and it would just look bad.

Even if WDWs version was an improvement the 2 will still be compared and 1 will be deemed the lesser. Why even go that route? Give people something different, both amazing, to feel like they just can't miss on both coasts.

mickey2008.1

The issue with Star Tours and Body Wars was that one was good, the other was not. Having two attractions with the same ride system, but both being well executed attractions, I dont think will be an issue.

Do you classify Small World and Pirates as a problem, because it is the same ride system? or all of the Omnimovers being a problem? Or the Great Movie Ride and Universe of Energy?

You make a good point with the ride systems being the same for the above attractions, but those are more like shows and stories, where as the TT system is more of a thrill ride, where you only need one. Would there be a need to use the ToT ride system agai? Nope. Omnimovers are perfect for what they show, as well as the boats. I guess Disney just does it differently, it's not a park full of coasters and thrill rides it's a park that is themed very well.

aladdin2007

Oh dear, leave the boards for an evening and this happens! I haven’t read through the entire thread yet, so sorry if I’m just repeating.

As one who loves DHS I can’t say I’m overly excited by this, should it come to fruition. It doesn’t go, but since they seem intent on leaving the park in thematic confusion, I suppose it doesn’t matter.

I imagine the meeting went something like this, “Hey CL is a success in California, let’s plop it down in Florida. DHS needs something, let’s put it there.” “Brilliant!”

But given the choice between CL and LMA/Backlot Tour, I’ll take CL! I’d still prefer a third option of fixed and restored park. Why is this not an option?

Imagineering wants to, TDO not so much. Nothing new there sadly.

experiment624

More, because LMA typically only runs three shows a day. Cars Land would be operating open until close, moving somewhere around 2000 guests per hour - depending what exactly gets built.

LMA heavily contributes to that side of the park being dead. The lack of shows after dark really kills off that side of the park. Cars would do so much to help that situation.

I also think that the notion of DSH being a half day park contributes to half of the park being dead after dark...I see what you're saying though, make the park a real experience, get the people back, and make the whole park alive while perhaps making it a a whole day park. But then there is Fantasmic at one end too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom