DHS CARS LAND

doctornick

OK...very rough but it does show that there is more than enough room.

I mirror flipped Carsland and turned it to show that there is more than enough room for the whole area at DHS.

Some rearranging of the Carsland and it would easily fit into the existing property with some removal of outdated and ineffective attractions.

CARSLANDDHs.jpg

Okay, so if this is how it would end up, that gives a nice idea of the potential setup. One thing that would be issue is that making a mirror image wouldn't quite work since the buildings in Radiator Springs should be on certain sides to correspond to their known location in the film.

Anyhow, going with this, it would allow for the Door Coaster, but also some space (at the entrances of LMA and the Backlot Tour plus the area around Studio Catering) for some other stuff relocating Pizza Planet to Pixar Place or adding some more kids oriented rides.

Disneyhead'71

OK, what I am hearing is that a full Carsland is inches from being greenlit. Other additions coming around the same time are a quasi Star Wars Land with Jedi Training Acadamy going into Sounds Dangerous and Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina taking over Backlot Express. Along with placemaking for the entire Star Wars Plaza.

Atomicmickey

OK, what I am hearing is that a full Carsland is inches from being greenlit. Other additions coming around the same time are a quasi Star Wars Land with Jedi Training Acadamy going into Sounds Dangerous and Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina taking over Backlot Express. Along with placemaking for the entire Star Wars Plaza.

Not to doubt, but you're the only one saying currently that a mini-Star Wars land is REALLY
in the mix this time. Can you give a vague indication of where you heard this?

And, can any other insiders confirm or deny this part of the rumor mill?

Disneyhead'71

Not to doubt, but you're the only one saying currently that a mini-Star Wars land is REALLY in the mix this time. Can you give a vague indication of where you heard this?

And, can any other insiders confirm or deny this part of the rumor mill?

A close friend who does TONS of work for both Disney and Universal. He does NOT hang out on ANY forums, and is incredibly out of the loop in terms of internet rumors, so I was a little surprised when he mentioned Star Wars.

Disclaimer: Remember that with TDO, EVERYTHING is ALWAYS in flux. Even if something is well under construction, things can change (Just remember Pop Century and Hyperion Wharf).

jt04

A close friend who does TONS of work for both Disney and Universal. He does NOT hang out on ANY forums, and is incredibly out of the loop in terms of internet rumors, so I was a little surprised when he mentioned Star Wars.

Disclaimer: Remember that with TDO, EVERYTHING is ALWAYS in flux. Even if something is well under construction, things can change (Just remember Pop Century and Hyperion Wharf).

TDO IS NOT THE ISSUE. Whew, glad I got that off my chest. When are you folks going to learn that TDO has no authority on large capital projects? Period.

Anyway, Rasulo once again confirmed that PANDORA IS HAPPENING AT DAK :) just last week. Screamscape has the link. No Star Wars, No CarsLand clone, No 5th gate, No soup for you.

NoChesterHester

*Crosses fingers*

Please be true! Please be true! Please be true!

NoChesterHester

TDO IS NOT THE ISSUE. Whew, glad I got that off my chest. When are you folks going to learn that TDO has no authority on large capital projects? Period.

Anyway, Rasulo once again confirmed that PANDORA IS HAPPENING AT DAK :) just last week. Screamscape has the link. No Star Wars, No CarsLand clone, No 5th gate, No soup for you.

Why do you continue to post things as fact when you yourself have none?

Now, rather than real discussion, I get to check in on three pages of yes you did... no you didn't postulation about JT's "theories."

Disneyhead'71

The Pleasure Island Renewal Project is a perfect example of TDO's professional and disciplined approach.

jt04

Why do you continue to post things as fact when you yourself have none?

Now, rather than real discussion, I get to check in on three pages of yes you did... no you didn't postulation about JT's "theories."

So you are saying Jay Rasolu is not a person who would know then? Brilliant. Keep up the good work.

Disneyhead'71

I should add that my friend was saying that the Star Wars stuff was pretty small in scope and would not include any other attractions. He said that it is comparable to the Springfield enhancement going on over at USF. Mostly restaurant and placemeking.

jt04

The Pleasure Island Renewal Project is a perfect example of TDO's professional and disciplined approach.

The last we heard from the most reliable source we have on these boards is that the project is moving forward. This thread is about Carsland at DHS 'rumors'. Or should I say fantasy?

CrescentLake

The last we heard from the most reliable source we have on these boards is that the project is moving forward. This thread is about Carsland at DHS 'rumors'. Or should I say fantasy?

You're back now? Our insiders say Carsland is a "go." In fact, all of them had said its "all systems go" on Carsland, its just the details that need to be hammered out and then it needs to be officially green lit. How is this fantasy? Am I missing something?

Disneyhead'71

Pleasure Island has been a boarded up Ghost Town for over 4 years. With the laughable "Failure To Launch" Hyperion Wharf during that time. So I guess "moving forward" is a reletive term on these boards.

jt04

You're back now? Our insiders say Carsland is a "go." In fact, all of them had said its "all systems go" on Carsland, its just the details that need to be hammered out and then it needs to be officially green lit. How is this fantasy? Am I missing something?

No, I am saying that a clone of the DCA version is highly unlikely if not impossible. It is my opinion that the land is not suitable for such infrastructure. The cost of the foundations alone would make it impossible IMO.

That said, a 'land' based on the Cars franchise may be coming to DHS. But remember, some of those same insiders said that Lasseter was against the idea. So, which "expert" opinion are we supposed to believe?

M.rudolf

No, I am saying that a clone of the DCA version is highle unlikely if not impossible. It is my opinion that the land is not suitable for such infrastructure. The cost of the foundations alone would make it impossible IMO.

That said, a 'land' based on the Cars franchise may be coming to DHS. But remember, some of those same insiders said that Lasseter was against the idea. So, which "expert" opinion are we supposed to believe?
Never said anything whatsoever about Lasseter,if you we're referring to me

M.rudolf

I've got this great vision of jt he sits next to his amigo computer with his magic eight ball and five gallon water bottle filled with his vacation savings, wishing he could be in wdw right now. But instead he has to watch YouTube and look at pics on the Internet. When he wants to have fun on the boards he goes to the magic 8 ball for all his info. JT have they done enough to get you in the parks or is the water bottle not full enough yet

jt04

You know exactly what I'm referring I guess your just as good at playing dumb as your are arrogant read the thread

No I am being serious. We were told JL was against Cars Land at WDW. That is the fact of the matter. Are you denying we were told that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom