DHS CARS LAND

Disneyhead'71

Yeah, in jt's defense I have been told that not only JL didn't want Carsland > DHS, but that the guys over at Epcot don't want it @DHS either. But I was told that one of the main reasons JL didn't want it in DHS was that TDO only wanted pieces parts of Carsland and that JL was against parting it out.

jt04

Yeah, in jt's defense I have been told that not only JL didn't want Carsland > DHS, but that the guys over at Epcot don't want it there either. But I was told that one of the main reasons JL didn't want it in DHS was that TDO only wanted pieces parts of Carsland and that JL was against parting it out.

So he is a soils expert too? Perhaps being a skipper on a jungle cruise greatly raises the IQ in addition to everything else. :p

M.rudolf

Yeah, in jt's defense I have been told that not only JL didn't want Carsland > DHS, but that the guys over at Epcot don't want it there either. But I was told that one of the main reasons JL didn't want it in DHS was that TDO only wanted pieces parts of Carsland and that JL was against parting it out.
I don't deny that but jt has a way of twisting wordings to fit his own meaning. I think Carsland was always from the beginning destined to be at Hollywood I also think that lasseter knew it from the beginning that it was a possibility that this was a probability

Disneyhead'71

And I should say that I am somewhat of a newbie here and I am NOT trying to come off as someone with any real insider info, just that I know a few folks here in Orlando and just wanted to pass along the rumors that I have heard.

jt04

And I should say that I am somewhat of a newbie here and I am NOT trying to come off as someone with any real insider info, just that I know a few folks here in Orlando and just wanted to pass along the rumors that I have heard.

I have heard the refresh of the Star Wars area rumor before as you described. Possibly to better take advantage of SWW and I tend to believe it. But I doubt we will see a fully realized Star Wars Land in the near future.

Atomicmickey

No, I am saying that a clone of the DCA version is highly unlikely if not impossible. It is my opinion that the land is not suitable for such infrastructure. The cost of the foundations alone would make it impossible IMO.

That said, a 'land' based on the Cars franchise may be coming to DHS. But remember, some of those same insiders said that Lasseter was against the idea. So, which "expert" opinion are we supposed to believe?

What's wrong with the land, specifically? Is this a generalization about Florida, with
assumptions and guesses, or do you have some specific survey data? Are you aware
of any sinking/problems with the structures currently in the area?

M.rudolf

I don't consider myself one either but it's fun to have playdates with jt

M.rudolf

You would be even more impressed if the mods ever let me post freely. That would be something. :D I think they fear a certain spirited implosion though.
I don't think they fear a spirited implosion they fear the spread of bad info. Don't act like the moderators could stop you from posting anything that you wanted to post here. I don't think you could hold back if you wanted too

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Why do you continue to post things as fact when you yourself have none?

Now, rather than real discussion, I get to check in on three pages of yes you did... no you didn't postulation about JT's "theories."

I am not normally one to jump to JT's defense, but "Jay Raslou saying Avatar is happening" is a fact, he said it at an investor conference a few weeks ago. Of course this doesn't necessarily lead to the conclusion that Avatar will actually happen.

twebber55

I am not normally one to jump to JT's defense, but "Jay Raslou saying Avatar is happening" is a fact, he said it at an investor conference a few weeks ago. Of course this doesn't necessarily lead to the conclusion that Avatar will actually happen.
but we at least have to give it credence when your CFO is quoted saying its coming...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom