DHS CARS LAND

WDWFigment

Yes there are things Disney could announce that could beat Potter. Right now, in my opinion, nothing Disney is about to announce will beat it.

Universal is throwing everything but the kitchen sink at Potter 2.0. The main ride will blow away anything Universal or Disney has done stateside in the past 18 years. It's a step above Forbidden Journey and will earn its place among the classic theme park attractions. Carsland looks great and RSR is a wonderful attraction but in terms of the "wow" factor I believe Potter 2.0 will win hands down. There will be some amazing "how did they do that" moments and enough immersive thrills that I just don't think Carsland has.

Some of the interactive technologies Disney is playing with for Avatar look interesting. I'm not involved with Avatar's main ride so I don't know what they have up their sleeve for that one. The bottom line is, so far it looks like Universal is going to win this round in my opinion.

Although I'd like to see Disney as the lead dog, I look forward to any revolutionary attractions any theme park creates. It sounds like Universal will really up the ante with Potter 2.0. Here's hoping that Disney anticipates some of what is to come, and builds accordingly.

Based on your posts, it sounds like Avatar Land (or whatever it's to be called) is still moving forward. Interesting.

RSoxNo1

Before things run away...

There are potentially 2 areas in DHS PixarPlace that could potentially go green very soon

Other items are also being blue skied

This could also mean other items in the park being removed as part of a park wide sparkle-type initiative

But nothing is 100% so far as I know yet. The parks management have known for a good 4-5+ years it was in dire need of a cohesive makeover and a park-wide theme. Hopefully the competitions upping the ante by several thousand levels has finally started the battle we wanted and WDW so dearly needs.
Is anything being considered that hasn't already been discussed ad nauseum on this site?

Atomicmickey

whylightbulb, for the win, again!

Although I will welcome Monsters, Inc, and CarsLand to DHS, absolutely, I think
what we all really want to hear is a revision of the main sentence in your post.

To paraphrase, when are we going to hear:

"Disney is throwing everything but the kitchen sink at <insert project>. The main ride will blow away anything Universal or Disney has done stateside in the past 18 years. It's a step above Forbidden Journey and will earn its place among the classic theme park attractions."

That's my wish.

ScarForKing

I think they need Carsland and Monsters Inc. just to quickly (relative term I guess) lift the park to standards. Now develop a technologically advanced headliner for the main draw and don't rely solely on what is essentially making up for years of neglect.

John

Although I'd like to see Disney as the lead dog, I look forward to any revolutionary attractions any theme park creates. It sounds like Universal will really up the ante with Potter 2.0. Here's hoping that Disney anticipates some of what is to come, and builds accordingly.

Based on your posts, it sounds like Avatar Land (or whatever it's to be called) is still moving forward. Interesting.

I would think Disney would be full aware of what UNI was up to. For the life of me I dont understand why something hasnt been "greenlit" or announced. UNI's plan of attack couldnt be better as far as timing is concerned.
There is zero buzz when it comes to WDW. It is even worse when you take into account projects that have been announced and have been shelved or nothing tangible to atleast promote a buzz. Maybe you or somene else could shed some light on why they wouldnt have a huge announcement concerning Avland if they do indeed peoceed. I know in the past this has been done but the timing just dosnt benifit them to hold back when UNI is crushing them in the theme park wars.

djlaosc

Yes there are things Disney could announce that could beat Potter. Right now, in my opinion, nothing Disney is about to announce will beat it.

Universal is throwing everything but the kitchen sink at Potter 2.0. The main ride will blow away anything Universal or Disney has done stateside in the past 18 years. It's a step above Forbidden Journey and will earn its place among the classic theme park attractions. Carsland looks great and RSR is a wonderful attraction but in terms of the "wow" factor I believe Potter 2.0 will win hands down. There will be some amazing "how did they do that" moments and enough immersive thrills that I just don't think Carsland has.

Some of the interactive technologies Disney is playing with for Avatar look interesting. I'm not involved with Avatar's main ride so I don't know what they have up their sleeve for that one. The bottom line is, so far it looks like Universal is going to win this round in my opinion.

Yes, that was what I was meaning - "right now/about to announce" - obviously, announcing a 5th park or something like that could probably beat HP2.0.

I'm really looking forward to HP2.0 - I'm just wondering if it will be open in time for our next trip (either 2014 or 2015 - so it will depend which year we go)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Somehow, I doubt they would spend the money to move Laugh Floor to DHS. I could be wrong but I highly doubt that will move.
There was a plan to move it to the SGE building a few years back, so it has been thought about. Probably only thought about though.

Atomicmickey

My guess is that they won't announce anything until FLE is open. They don't want to overshadow the new "expansion".

That's a fair observation. They don't want anything to distract from the opening this winter.
I know if I worked in marketing, I wouldn't.

We also need to realize--and our insiders have said this (right?) that since the FLE
leak, things have gotten a lot tighter. Thus, we get rumors and murmurs, but the
large decisions, the big greenlight decisions, seem murkier than before. Insiders
can confirm/deny--but it seems that although they haven't been able to stop leaks,
they've at least squeezed the pipeline in some ways.

What's sorta overwhelming to me is the realization that even if all the things we know about
come to fruition, it still seems less than what is needed. To our little corner of the internetz tubez,
anyway.

djlaosc

There are potentially 2 areas in DHS PixarPlace that could potentially go green very soon

This could also mean other items in the park being removed as part of a park wide sparkle-type initiative

But nothing is 100% so far as I know yet. The parks management have known for a good 4-5+ years it was in dire need of a cohesive makeover and a park-wide theme. Hopefully the competitions upping the ante by several thousand levels has finally started the battle we wanted and WDW so dearly needs.

Is there really that much available to remove? Short of removing shops/stands/toilets or empty soundstages (Monsters Inc. Building/Sounds Dangerous Building/Premier Theater)...

ATTRACTION:
Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Hall of Fame
Beauty and the Beast–Live on Stage
Disney Junior-Live on Stage!
Fantasmic!
Honey I Shrunk The Kids Movie Set Adventure
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
Jedi Training Academy
Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
MuppetVision 3D
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
Sorcerer’s Hat
Star Tours: The Adventure Continues…
Studio Backlot Tour
The American Idol Experience
The Great Movie Ride
The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow
The Magic of Disney Animation
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Toy Story Midway Mania!
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream

SNACK:
Backlot Canteen
Hey Howdy Hey Take Away
Min and Bill’s Dockside Diner
Oasis Canteen
Starring Rolls Café
The Writer’s Stop

COUNTER SERVICE:
ABC Commissary
Backlot Express
Catalina Eddie’s
Fairfax Fare
Fantasmic Food Offerings
Pizza Planet Arcade
Rosie’s All-American Cafe
Studio Catering Co.
Toluca Legs Turkey Co.

TABLE SERVICE:
50’s Prime Time Café
Hollywood & Vine
Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant
The Hollywood Brown Derby

I would guess that you would be looking at ...
ATTRACTION:
Beauty and the Beast–Live on Stage (replaced by new show)
Honey I Shrunk The Kids Movie Set Adventure (rethemed to it's a bugs life)
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! (possibly changed to ride?)
JediTraining Academy (possibly moved to Sounds Dangerous Building)
Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show (rumoured for removal)
Sorcerer’s Hat
Studio Backlot Tour (rumoured for removal)
The American Idol Experience (won't have that many years left, but maybe enough to not be removed yet)
Voyage of the Little Mermaid (replaced by new show)

SNACK:
Backlot Canteen (could go with LMA/BLT)
Hey Howdy Hey Take Away (If open a counter service restaurant in Pixar Place, could be removed)
Oasis Canteen (could go with IJESS)

COUNTER SERVICE:
Backlot Express (rethemed to Star Wars)
Catalina Eddie’s/Fairfax Fare/Rosie's All-American Cafe/Toluca Legs Turkey Co. (always supposed to be temporary, replaced by new attraction)
Pizza Planet Arcade (rethemed to Muppets)
Studio Catering Co. (could go with LMA/BLT)

djlaosc

Anything happening with the area behind RnRC? Or Sunset Market?

M.rudolf

That's a fair observation. They don't want anything to distract from the opening this winter.
I know if I worked in marketing, I wouldn't.

We also need to realize--and our insiders have said this (right?) that since the FLE
leak, things have gotten a lot tighter. Thus, we get rumors and murmurs, but the
large decisions, the big greenlight decisions, seem murkier than before. Insiders
can confirm/deny--but it seems that although they haven't been able to stop leaks,
they've at least squeezed the pipeline in some ways.

What's sorta overwhelming to me is the realization that even if all the things we know about
come to fruition, it still seems less than what is needed. To our little corner of the internetz tubez,
anyway.
All leaks from the past month have been planned or allowed Disney is gauging response levels. Don't you find it funny about once a week we get a little nugget here and there. I would put money on it that there is a lot of misdirection going on now too. Disney can stop leaks the avatar is a go and the next day its not shows that there is some of that going on

njDizFan

I have to say, if Carsland/Radiator Springs Racers, Monsters Inc. Door Coaster AND Indiana Jones (that side of the park really does need something major) all came to DHS, it could easily leap past Epcot for WDW's #2 park.

The only issue would be that small children still wouldn't really be covered (unless they did bring the whole of Carsland over), and even then, turning the HISTK Play Area into "it's a bug's life", bringing over Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor (and there's other things they could bring over - SGE, PhilharMagic, Captain EO, HISTA could all potentially fit in DHS and be something for children/the family to do)
Fine, lets drop in a Wall-E spinner or something...

themonkeyisthesultan

I think that Syndrome's robot from The Incredibles would be a good basis for some sort of flat ride. Something a bit more thrilling and complex than a simple spinner. Something like a modified octopus-type ride.

Atomicmickey

All leaks from the past month have been planned or allowed Disney is gauging response levels. Don't you find it funny about once a week we get a little nugget here and there. I would put money on it that there is a lot of misdirection going on now too. Disney can stop leaks the avatar is a go and the next day its not shows that there is some of that going on

Um, can you prove this, or is it just your opinion? It sounds like you have info,
but I'm not sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom