DHS CARS LAND

TarzanRocked99-

Is there really that much available to remove? Short of removing shops/stands/toilets or empty soundstages (Monsters Inc. Building/Sounds Dangerous Building/Premier Theater)...

ATTRACTION:
Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Hall of Fame
Beauty and the Beast–Live on Stage
Disney Junior-Live on Stage!
Fantasmic!
Honey I Shrunk The Kids Movie Set Adventure
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
Jedi Training Academy
Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
MuppetVision 3D
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
Sorcerer’s Hat
Star Tours: The Adventure Continues…
Studio Backlot Tour
The American Idol Experience
The Great Movie Ride
The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow
The Magic of Disney Animation
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Toy Story Midway Mania!
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream

SNACK:
Backlot Canteen
Hey Howdy Hey Take Away
Min and Bill’s Dockside Diner
Oasis Canteen
Starring Rolls Café
The Writer’s Stop

COUNTER SERVICE:
ABC Commissary
Backlot Express
Catalina Eddie’s
Fairfax Fare
Fantasmic Food Offerings
Pizza Planet Arcade
Rosie’s All-American Cafe
Studio Catering Co.
Toluca Legs Turkey Co.

TABLE SERVICE:
50’s Prime Time Café
Hollywood & Vine
Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant
The Hollywood Brown Derby

I would guess that you would be looking at ...
ATTRACTION:
Beauty and the Beast–Live on Stage (replaced by new show)
Honey I Shrunk The Kids Movie Set Adventure (rethemed to it's a bugs life)
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! (possibly changed to ride?)
JediTraining Academy (possibly moved to Sounds Dangerous Building)
Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show (rumoured for removal)
Sorcerer’s Hat
Studio Backlot Tour (rumoured for removal)
The American Idol Experience (won't have that many years left, but maybe enough to not be removed yet)
Voyage of the Little Mermaid (replaced by new show)

SNACK:
Backlot Canteen (could go with LMA/BLT)
Hey Howdy Hey Take Away (If open a counter service restaurant in Pixar Place, could be removed)
Oasis Canteen (could go with IJESS)

COUNTER SERVICE:
Backlot Express (rethemed to Star Wars)
Catalina Eddie’s/Fairfax Fare/Rosie's All-American Cafe/Toluca Legs Turkey Co. (always supposed to be temporary, replaced by new attraction)
Pizza Planet Arcade (rethemed to Muppets)
Studio Catering Co. (could go with LMA/BLT)

I bolded the most sparkly removal possible

ChrisM

Although a clone, bringing Indy in addition to CL and MI coaster would finally make DHS a fully realized park and send me back to WDW with bells on.

To be blunt, if DHS added the following:

- Full Carsland
- Monster Inc Coaster
- Replaced the Indy Show with the Indy ride from DL
- Replaced the American Idol Experience/Sounds Dangerous with the alleged fully realized Jedi Training Academy (with animatronic Yoda, etc).
- Replaced the Backlot Express with a Mos Eisley Cantina restaurant.

...DHS would instantly be my most visited park in Orlando.

M.rudolf

Um, can you prove this, or is it just your opinion? It sounds like you have info,
but I'm not sure.
Yes I do have info but not as much as Lee I cannot say who but it is someone trustworthy they don't work for the theme parks but in other areas of the industry that is sometimes used by the theme parks. I do know there is definitely some misdirection going on and I do know that this is the most reliable board right now. There also some plans being looked at that haven't been mentioned at all. Right now there is a lot of smoke and mirrors going on. Some projects are real others are being used to hide what's really going on. Don't be surprised when you get parts of 1 project and parts of another. Also don't be surprised if LMA isn't the only show cancelled. Can I prove it no absolutely no one can prove anything on the net.Am I a troll no. I have been in contact with someone here and they know the basis of my credentials, but not all. I have a bet with jt if he can figure out who one of my sources is I'll let the cat out the bag. I will tell you this I get much more universal info than I do DL and DW

Beholder

Funny, I doubt Universal had to "gauge"' fan response for Harry Potter. I remember when Disney was fully capable and willing to create things that people would love. It's almost as if they've lost a bit of confidence in themselves, or they're afraid to invest that much money on a "risk". Either way, the result is play it safe and coast along.

M.rudolf

Funny, I doubt Universal had to "gauge"' fan response for Harry Potter. I remember when Disney was fully capable and willing to create things that people would love. It's almost as if they've lost a bit of confidence in themselves, or they're afraid to invest that much money on a "risk". Either way, the result is play it safe and coast along.
Universal did gauge fan response to Harry potter it was through the roof. Disney is capable I just don't think they are willing, you nailed it on the head about the risk factor though. Change is coming baby steps first

Atomicmickey

Yes I do have info but not as much as Lee I cannot say who but it is someone trustworthy they don't work for the theme parks but in other areas of the industry that is sometimes used by the theme parks. I do know there is definitely some misdirection going on and I do know that this is the most reliable board right now. There also some plans being looked at that haven't been mentioned at all. Right now there is a lot of smoke and mirrors going on. Some projects are real others are being used to hide what's really going on. Don't be surprised when you get parts of 1 project and parts of another. Also don't be surprised if LMA isn't the only show cancelled. Can I prove it no absolutely no one can prove anything on the net.Am I a troll no. I have been in contact with someone here and they know the basis of my credentials, but not all. I have a bet with jt if he can figure out who one of my sources is I'll let the cat out the bag. I will tell you this I get much more universal info than I do DL and DW

That's cool. I guess I wasn't saying "prove it" in a taunting way, just sometimes on these boards
people type out personal speculation and make it sound like it's insider info or fact. I'm not
asking to know your sources or anything, just asking. So, all good, and thanks for sharing
what you can.

So, in light of that, what you say does make one go "huh."

JCtheparrothead

- Full Carsland
- Monster Inc Coaster
- Replaced the American Idol Experience/Sounds Dangerous with the alleged fully realized Jedi Training Academy (with animatronic Yoda, etc).

I know i would spend a lot more of my vacation there.

M.rudolf

That's cool. I guess I wasn't saying "prove it" in a taunting way, just sometimes on these boards
people type out personal speculation and make it sound like it's insider info or fact. I'm not
asking to know your sources or anything, just asking. So, all good, and thanks for sharing
what you can.

So, in light of that, what you say does make one go "huh."
I knew what you meant but I honestly didnt know how to answer. In the past year I have noticed a lot of false prophecizing, I have been on the board for 2 years and didn't post much due to the fact that it's funny seeing all the speculation here and on other boards. The great thing is whylightbulb,from what I hear is straight as an arrow. So if he's giving info its what he's knows to be true. The problem is until anything is greenlit and ground has broken with Disney it can change in 5 minutes. Right now there aren't any probalities just possibilities due to the indecisiveness of TDO. One of the good things is we are seeing talent become aligned for work to begin.

alissafalco

- Full Carsland
- Monster Inc Coaster

plus a Star Wars restaurant and Star Wars character meal, and then me too! :)

M.rudolf

I have an ongoing debate in another thread, isn't UNI going to make you buy a park hopper if you want to ride the train from one park to the other? Have you heard anything about this?
From what I hear it's going to be this or eliminate a one park ticket all together they could always have you get off and reboard to go back but that would be nuts just imagine the wait time just to get back to the other park

Mawg

I see a lot of posts of people wanting a full Stars Wars land. Does anyone know if TDO has ever done any research into it?

M.rudolf

I see a lot of posts of people wanting a full Stars Wars land. Does anyone know if TDO has ever done any research into it?
Yes they have at the time it wasn't feasible due to George. I love how Disney gets out of bed with George and jumps in with his darker alter ego Jim

Mawg

Yes they have at the time it wasn't feasible due to George. I love how Disney gets out of bed with George and jumps in with his darker alter ego Jim

So something happened? And now it would not be possible unless Lucas came back around and allowed it?

Beholder

Basically George is hardheaded it took how many years to update star tours. But there may be some light there lucasfilm also has a new sherrif

Just speculating, but at the time when MGM was new, there wasn't a need for all encompassing tent pole franchise. Now that times have changed and with this "need" to build around "established" or universally recognized properties, Star Wars, more than ever, would be a sure fire hit. Mega fan base, world wide recognition, proven longevity, more than enough merchandise, and an all ages appeal. So I guess I'm hoping that someone in a position that counts, is thinking, "hmm, let's try this again."

yeti

Great time to recap after 83 pages!

I wonder if a Ratatouille Restaurant would make sense in Pixar Place?

There was talk about a new Jedi Academy some time back, is this part of the DHS overhaul?

Screw the restaurant, give us the LPS ride! Immersive dark ride, ties into Pixar Place nicely, and it's even being built in Paris as we speak. Seems like an absolute no-brainer. They must have at least considered it.

M.rudolf

Just speculating, but at the time when MGM was new, there wasn't a need for all encompassing tent pole franchise. Now that times have changed and with this "need" to build around "established" or universally recognized properties, Star Wars, more than ever, would be a sure fire hit. Mega fan base, world wide recognition, proven longevity, more than enough merchandise, and an all ages appeal. So I guess I'm hoping that someone in a position that counts, is thinking, "hmm, let's try this again."
I agree, if they go by the greed is good adage then I don't see what's stopping them

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom