DHS CARS LAND

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think Toy Story Midway Mania, Radiator Springs Racers, Monsters Inc Dark Ride (But Actually good this time), and an UP spinner themed to furniture along with Pizza Planet and La Ratatouille for dining and Buy 'N Large (Wall-E) and the Radiator Springs curios shop is a sure-fire hit for WDW
While they are at it maybe they can double Toy Story like they did Dumbo so the wait will be a little shorter.

Californian Elitist

This post:

Seems pretty similar to what I was saying. You want it to be just in CA because it's something that DLR has that WDW doesn't. I respect your right to an opinion, but I can't say I understand it really. I just don't see how building a clone of RSR or the entire Carsland in FL would take away from your experience in CA. They can clone the entire WDW resort down to the commemorative bricks outside the MK anywhere in the world and it would not bother me in the least or impact my visits. We can agree to disagree on this one.

I keep saying this over and over again. I'd rather go to DHS and see something different than Cars Land.

Definitely agree to disagree because I wouldn't want to see an exact copy of the Disneyland Resort. Two different perspectives and two different opinions. I don't expect for you to understand where I'm coming from so we'll just leave it at that.

Beholder

Whatever side if the issue of cloning/not cloning you may be on, I think the practice of cloning has little to do with any lack of imagination (on WDI's part) but falls into the business decision category. The imagineers do what they do because they love to create and design new attractions, rides whatever. Without having any knowledge of this personally, I'd have to believe that given free reign, they'd design/build unique, world class attractions every chance they could.

DisneyDaniel

I love the idea of having Carsland at DHS. I am a passholder with 3 small boys. They will love it and it will be a huge draw. I can't afford to take the entire family to California right now to see the original, so I would definately like an opportunity for my boys to see this awesome attraction. I think this will boost attendance ten fold, and make them alot of money. This ultimately will guide their decision-making process. I wonder if this has anything to do with Avatarland being delayed???

spacemt354

Chili's
I keep saying this over and over again. I'd rather go to DHS and see something different than Cars Land.

If that's the case then there are plenty of things in DHS that you don't have in Disneyland, even if Carsland is built.

Just to name a few:

Rockin Roller Coaster, Beauty and the Beast Show, The Little Mermaid Show, One Man's Dream (great btw), Indiana Jones Stunt Spetacular, American Idol, The Great Movie Ride, Backlot Tour, HISTK movie set, Disney Junior on Stage, and a better version of Tower of Terror (IMO). And if the rumored Monster's Inc. coaster is built, that would be another one as well.

The only things you would potentially see twice are Star Tours, TSMM, Fantasmic, ToT (but WDW's version is way better IMO) and potentially Carsland (full or simply RSR)

For me personally, that's not a lot of similar aspects. And some of those similar aspects like TSMM and Star Tours have several different ride options, so even riding it in DHS you are most likely gonna get a different ride than in DL. Again, don't mean to drag this on, but if just the site of the RSR mountain range in DHS is going to make you upset, then I really don't know what to say. To me, there is enough to do in DHS that if Carsland bothered me so much, I wouldn't even walk inside it. There's enough to do in DHS without going in there. We always have debates on here about DHS being a half-day park. That's only because some of the options in the park today do not appeal to those people who call it a half-day park. Doesn't mean that there isn't anything unique to do. That's just not true. It also doesn't mean that they don't have to expand, because that's also not true. Also there's unique dining options as well like 50s Prime Time, Sci-Fi Dine In, Hollywood and Vine, Mama Melrose, Brown Derby in DHS just off the top of my head.

Again, in order to understand what I'm saying, watching videos, looking at internet maps, and listening to opinions on a site is not enough to have a legit opinion on the matter. I have high hopes for Carsland when I visit DL, but again although it has been met with critical success, I'm still holding my judgment until I see it for myself.

Californian Elitist

If that's the case then there are plenty of things in DHS that you don't have in Disneyland, even if Carsland is built.

Just to name a few:

Rockin Roller Coaster, Beauty and the Beast Show, The Little Mermaid Show, One Man's Dream (great btw), Indiana Jones Stunt Spetacular, American Idol, The Great Movie Ride, Backlot Tour, HISTK movie set, Disney Junior on Stage, and a better version of Tower of Terror (IMO). Also I forgot if Muppet Vision 3D is in DL, if it isn't then that is also something different. And if the rumored Monster's Inc. coaster is built, that would be another one as well.

The only things you would potentially see twice are Star Tours, TSMM, Fantasmic, ToT (but WDW's version is way better IMO) and potentially Carsland (full or simply RSR)

For me personally, that's not a lot of similar aspects. And some of those similar aspects like TSMM and Star Tours have several different ride options, so even riding it in DHS you are most likely gonna get a different ride than in DL. Again, don't mean to drag this on, but if just the site of the RSR mountain range in DHS is going to make you upset, then I really don't know what to say. To me, there is enough to do in DHS that if Carsland bothered me so much, I wouldn't even walk inside it. There's enough to do in DHS without going in there. We always have debates on here about DHS being a half-day park. That's only because some of the options in the park today to not appeal to those people who call it a half-day park. Doesn't mean that there isn't anything unique to do. That's just not true. It also doesn't mean that they don't have to expand, because that's also not true. Also there's unique dining options as well like 50s Prime Time, Sci-Fi Dine In, Hollywood and Vine, Mama Melrose, Brown Derby in DHS just off the top of my head.

Again, in order to understand what I'm saying, watching videos, looking at internet maps, and listening to opinions on a site is not enough to have a legit opinion on the matter. I have high hopes for Carsland when I visit DL, but again although it has been met with critical success, I'm still holding my judgment until I see it for myself.

If it were to be built in DHS, I'd suck it up. I'm not one of those so-called "fans" who skip Disneyland because the castle is smaller. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, though I'll admit, I wouldn't waste my time with the "backlot" tour. All I said was I don't want Cars Land in DHS and you're assuming I'd just skip the park entirely. I'm not going to kill myself over it. Some of you guys are acting like I'd die if Cars Land were to be put in DHS. I'm saying I'd much rather see a land with a different theme in that park. I'm not the only one that feels this way either. We should ask the others why they don't want a Cars Land in DHS either.

M.rudolf

If it were to be built in DHS, I'd suck it up. I'm not one of those so-called "fans" who skip Disneyland because the castle is smaller. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, though I'll admit, I wouldn't waste my time with the "backlot" tour. All I said was I don't want Cars Land in DHS and you're assuming I'd just skip the park entirely. I'm not going to kill myself over it. Some of you guys are acting like I'd die if Cars Land were to be put in DHS. I'm saying I'd much rather see a land with a different theme in that park. I'm not the only one that feels this way either. We should ask the others why they don't want a Cars Land in DHS either.
Raven I have to agree I visited Disneyland for the first time in 15/20 years last month and Was amazed by the differences between DW and DL. Carsland in my opinion should remain a CA exclusive due to the fact that there are way to many unused franchises that could be used. Incredibles, up, wall-e, brave, to just to name a few. I know its easier to clone but it would be cooler for each coast to have its own signature attractions so they can have their ow draws. Both parks should be enjoyed, DL and DW both have things that are different enough that a visit to both resorts is a must. But if Disney keeps homogenizing the parks a trip to both won't be needed. My family goes to DW twice a year but now we will forgo a trip and go to DL once a year. I was truly amazed by the experience I had and it was great for a change of pace. Again this is just an opinion and where ever you go remember to have fun

Californian Elitist

Raven I have to agree I visited Disneyland for the first time in 15/20 years last month and Was amazed by the differences between DW and DL. Carsland in my opinion should remain a CA exclusive due to the fact that there are way to many unused franchises that could be used. Incredibles, up, wall-e, brave, to just to name a few. I know its easier to clone but it would be cooler for each coast to have its own signature attractions so they can have their ow draws. Both parks should be enjoyed, DL and DW both have things that are different enough that a visit to both resorts is a must. But if Disney keeps homogenizing the parks a trip to both won't be needed. My family goes to DW twice a year but now we will forgo a trip and go to DL once a year. I was truly amazed by the experience I had and it was great for a change of pace. Again this is just an opinion and where ever you go remember to have fun

Goodness gracious, THANK YOU!!!!!! We're viewing the situation the same way, which is why we agree with each other. Some people don't mind clones and I'm not one of them. Some attractions for cloning are whatever but Cars Land is something I don't think should be cloned anywhere, let alone Florida. They have so much material to work with. COME UP WITH SOMETHING UNIQUE!

Taylor

Like I've said I'd like an original expansion better but I would also like to have RSR apart of a larger Pixar expansion with the monsters inc door coaster and an UP omnimover

Cody5294

Not to be a troll or anything but people are acting like if cars land is cloned DCA will suck again. If cars land is that important to DCA, then DCA needs way more attractions before people can call it a great park

Cosmic Commando

About cloning Carsland-- I'm not against it per se, but I don't want them to get all lazy about it. There are certain things now that I think we expect in every Disney resort: Mansion, Space Mountain, Pirates (sorry, Hong Kong!), and a few things like that. Every resort has a "small world". Every resort has a Dumbo. Is a Cars ride one of those experiences that everyone should have? Maybe, but I think there's better ways to go about it than just dropping another Radiator Springs in DHS. It hurts the uniqueness of the resorts (something that I think Disney should be capitalizing on MUCH more), and another height-limiting big E-ticket is just not what DHS needs right now. There's at least one very obvious, glaring reason why this wouldn't work but hear me out: use the empty Japan show building to make a nighttime Tokyo street set in the Cars world with the crazy neon and the giant video billboards and all that. Make a Cars E-ticket whose queue starts on this indoor street and sends you through Mt. Fuji instead of the Cadillac Range. Since this is just my random musings, maybe you could even meet whatever the heck a car version of Godzilla would be. Doing something like this I think would be a win on multiple fronts: it brings the Cars characters to Florida in a big way, it's unique from the Cars ride in California, it gives a thrill ride to a park and an area of that park that actually needs one, and you still save some money on the R&D from the car animatronics. Even if you put it in DHS, you could do something different from DCA that serves the park's needs better.

Doing direct clones bothers me because it erodes the unique nature of the two US resorts. I think the number of repeat visitors to the international parks is small enough to be insignificant. Jim Hill always throws around a number that WDW visitors go every 3.75 years. Maybe if there were some leadership in P&R or TWDC, instead of being satisfied with every 3.75 years, they could get people to go on a Disney vacation every 2 or 3 years if they alternated between WDW and DLR. WDW is amazing, and DLR is amazing, but it seems like Disney doesn't really care about letting everyone know that there are two Disney resorts in the US.

steamboat wil

I have a family of four with my 2 kids both being handicapped. We are making the drive from IL to CA this march. It's about a 3 day drive but totally worth it in my eyes. It's hard to fly with the kids but have been wanting to get back to DL for awhile. I guess if you want to go to DLR that bad, you'll find a way to get there.

Californian Elitist

I have a family of four with my 2 kids both being handicapped. We are making the drive from IL to CA this march. It's about a 3 day drive but totally worth it in my eyes. It's hard to fly with the kids but have been wanting to get back to DL for awhile. I guess if you want to go to DLR that bad, you'll find a way to get there.

Perfect example. Thank you for making my point and I hope you get to California with your family safely!

nytimez

Whatever side if the issue of cloning/not cloning you may be on, I think the practice of cloning has little to do with any lack of imagination (on WDI's part) but falls into the business decision category. The imagineers do what they do because they love to create and design new attractions, rides whatever. Without having any knowledge of this personally, I'd have to believe that given free reign, they'd design/build unique, world class attractions every chance they could.

The business side requires imagination every bit as much as the imagineering side. Once upon a time, the business side had it, too. Or enough of it, anyway, which is the next-best thing.

Cosmic Commando

It's not that we don't WANT to visit Disneyland, it's just a lot HARDER for a family to just get up and travel 3,000 miles to Disneyland than you and tp make it seem. A single person, this might be a little easier. But for a family of 4, 5, 6 people, it's very difficult as I described above In a family, you aren't just thinking for yourself, the cost multiplies with every person in the family. We know from experience. It's not that we haven't WANTED to go to Disneyland, we just didn't have the resources available to us. Luckily we were able to go in 2010 and we are going back this Christmas, but WDW is much more cost effective for us especially since we drive and save the costs for a flight. And we can make a whole weeklong family vacation out of it.

Yeah I think every Disney fan at heart would love to just "make it happen" and go to Disneyland. I'm sure you too wish you could "make it happen" and go to WDW. But a lot of times cost and schedule play a huge role, especially in families, which is why I don't blame anyone if at trip to Cali is very difficult for them.

Save. So it takes longer, but you're getting to where you need to go. Put off that WDW trip you make yearly and use that money towards California. Refer to TP's post. I am going to make my WDW trip happen. It's going to happen, plain and simple, even if it takes years.

Oh and you can easily spend weeks in California. There's plenty of stuff to do here, than just Disneyland. @Cosmic Commando will be spending almost the entire month of November here! There's no excuse on that note.
I could afford to go to DLR, DL Paris or Tokyo if I wanted to. It's not about money. I choose to go to WDW. Why is it wrong for someone who only visits WDW to want something built that they most likely will not see very often if at all?
And I'm running out of time to do the things I want! :D

I've been saying on the boards lately that if you like WDW and you've never been to DLR, you're missing out on something. It's like if you went to WDW faithfully every year for the last 20 years and you had never been to Animal Kingdom. Like... what? Yeah, Animal Kingdom might not be your new favorite park at the end of the day, but it's got its own vibe, a definite Disney feel and some killer stuff you're not going to find at any of the other parks. I'm not saying that DLR will definitely take the top spot in your heart, but I absolutely think it would be worth your time. Certainly there is a bubble around WDW where you can get there with a couple tankfuls in the family car, but if you're already flying in from the Northeast or the middle of the country, there's not a huge difference in flying across the country. Anaheim is not that far out of reach! California is still part of the US! MCO is 30 minutes from WDW. LAX is 40 minutes from DLR. If you love WDW and you haven't been to Disneyland, you are missing out!

I think the beauty of going to California is that it can be whatever you want it to be. If you want the beach, there's the beach. If you want to ski, you can ski. If you want to go to the desert, you've got desert. If you want wine, you've got Napa Valley. If you want to party like a rockstar, you can do it next to the real rockstars. If you want art museums, kids' museums, science museums... they're there. You can see the whales and dolphins right off the coast. You can see the biggest living things on Earth (giant sequoias). If you want other theme parks, there's Uni, Sea World, Legoland, Six Flags, Knott's. If you want the Disney resort experience, you can have it! Just catch a shuttle or cab from the airport and you can stay on property the whole time. Paradise Pier Hotel is priced sorta like a WDW moderate, the Disneyland Hotel is a low-level deluxe, and the Grand Californian is like the Grand Flo. If you're a value resort person like me, there are a bunch of well-reviewed hotels at WDW value prices (and not AoA "value" prices, either!) or lower that are closer to Disneyland AND California Adventure AND Downtown Disney than the Contemporary is to MK. I've never stayed off-property at WDW and I wouldn't have a problem staying off-property at DLR. Everything is just that close. And DLR has almost as many E-tickets, almost as many attractions and almost as much major entertainment as all of WDW, and it all fits in a space roughly the same size as Epcot. If you want to ride Midway Mania, Soarin' and then Pirates, you can just go do it. No pain in the butt buses or multiple bag checks. Some people will like WDW better, and some people will like DLR better. They're both great; there's nothing wrong with that. But they're both worth visiting, and that's worth preserving. Clone wisely.

Cosmic Commando

I always visit WDW never been to DL but I don't want a Carsland.. I just want Radiator Springs Racers and the curios outside Pixar Place and TDO spending the rest of the money on two more Pixar attractions making it a land. IMO
What if WDW's Carsland was Radiator Springs during the time when Stanley was just setting up shop? (This will only make sense to people who have seen "Time Travel Mater"). I don't remember everything, but the Curios shop was probably one of the earliest buildings there and you could have a Stanley's food service location and that's it. It would be a logical reason why Radiator Springs isn't as built out as it is in California and would give the imagineers a chance to do something different. Give the ride vehicles 20's/30's body styles. Then, in the ride, you could time travel like Mater does to the present-day Radiator Springs so you could still use all of those characters.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

I've been saying on the boards lately that if you like WDW and you've never been to DLR, you're missing out on something.

I .

I have been to Disney Land.

I guess my point was completely missed. I am tired of repeating the same things over and over in this thread so I'll let it go.

Turtle

What if WDW's Carsland was Radiator Springs during the time when Stanley was just setting up shop? (This will only make sense to people who have seen "Time Travel Mater"). I don't remember everything, but the Curios shop was probably one of the earliest buildings there and you could have a Stanley's food service location and that's it. It would be a logical reason why Radiator Springs isn't as built out as it is in California and would give the imagineers a chance to do something different. Give the ride vehicles 20's/30's body styles. Then, in the ride, you could time travel like Mater does to the present-day Radiator Springs so you could still use all of those characters.
I like the premise BUT most people have never seen that short so they wouldn't understand the ride.. Well who knows we might have another Song of The South!

Californian Elitist

I've been saying on the boards lately that if you like WDW and you've never been to DLR, you're missing out on something. It's like if you went to WDW faithfully every year for the last 20 years and you had never been to Animal Kingdom. Like... what? Yeah, Animal Kingdom might not be your new favorite park at the end of the day, but it's got its own vibe, a definite Disney feel and some killer stuff you're not going to find at any of the other parks. I'm not saying that DLR will definitely take the top spot in your heart, but I absolutely think it would be worth your time. Certainly there is a bubble around WDW where you can get there with a couple tankfuls in the family car, but if you're already flying in from the Northeast or the middle of the country, there's not a huge difference in flying across the country. Anaheim is not that far out of reach! California is still part of the US! MCO is 30 minutes from WDW. LAX is 40 minutes from DLR. If you love WDW and you haven't been to Disneyland, you are missing out!

I think the beauty of going to California is that it can be whatever you want it to be. If you want the beach, there's the beach. If you want to ski, you can ski. If you want to go to the desert, you've got desert. If you want wine, you've got Napa Valley. If you want to party like a rockstar, you can do it next to the real rockstars. If you want art museums, kids' museums, science museums... they're there. You can see the whales and dolphins right off the coast. You can see the biggest living things on Earth (giant sequoias). If you want other theme parks, there's Uni, Sea World, Legoland, Six Flags, Knott's. If you want the Disney resort experience, you can have it! Just catch a shuttle or cab from the airport and you can stay on property the whole time. Paradise Pier Hotel is priced sorta like a WDW moderate, the Disneyland Hotel is a low-level deluxe, and the Grand Californian is like the Grand Flo. If you're a value resort person like me, there are a bunch of well-reviewed hotels at WDW value prices (and not AoA "value" prices, either!) or lower that are closer to Disneyland AND California Adventure AND Downtown Disney than the Contemporary is to MK. I've never stayed off-property at WDW and I wouldn't have a problem staying off-property at DLR. Everything is just that close. And DLR has almost as many E-tickets, almost as many attractions and almost as much major entertainment as all of WDW, and it all fits in a space roughly the same size as Epcot. If you want to ride Midway Mania, Soarin' and then Pirates, you can just go do it. No pain in the butt buses or multiple bag checks. Some people will like WDW better, and some people will like DLR better. They're both great; there's nothing wrong with that. But they're both worth visiting, and that's worth preserving. Clone wisely.

I love you, cosmic. Preach to these people!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom