DHS CARS LAND

Californian Elitist

Well of course you wouldn't want it since you already have it in California and can ride it whenever you decide to take a trip within the same state. You want Cars Land for you in Cali and something else thats new to you when you take your WDW trips. I can't say I blame you, I'd be wanting the same thing, but seeing as the majority of folks, myself included, don't visit Disneyland often or ever, a Cars Land copy over here for us is a plus!

Why don't you visit Disneyland?

Californian Elitist

So do you not go to Magic Kingdom, when you go to Florida?

Magic Kingdom is different from Disneyland, so I'd visit. I've read enough information and seen enough pictures to know that Disneyland and Magic Kingdom aren't the same (different rides, different ride experiences, different food, etc.) Not to mention Disneyland-style parks are now the norm for all new Disney parks. Every single Disney resort has a Disneyland. Not every Disney resort has a Cars Land.

Californian Elitist

MK is a relic of that earlier time. It's also classic in its own way now, even with many cloned attractions. So, I think it's fine to love MK for what it is and yet be disappointed by the constant cloning of new attractions today -- it strikes me as a failure of the imagination to simply keep reproducing the same rides. And the real failure is when they keep reproducing so-so rides, like Little Mermaid and Toy Story Midway Mania.

That's what I'm trying to say. Why not sit down and come up with something new instead of taking the easy way out and just taking something that's already been thought out and built somewhere else and putting it in another park? Stuff like that makes me angry.

djkidkaz

Why don't you visit Disneyland?

Because it cost me more to fly from Chicago to Cali for a weekend at Disneyland than it would to fly to Florida and stay a week at WDW. I couldn't justify it. Now that I live in Florida, I plan on visiting Disneyland. Its on my checklist! :)

Californian Elitist

Because it cost me more to fly from Chicago to Cali for a weekend at Disneyland than it would to fly to Florida and stay a week at WDW. I couldn't justify it. Now that I live in Florida, I plan on visiting Disneyland. Its on my checklist! :)

Aha! So it's not like you CAN'T visit Disneyland. You don't WANT to visit Disneyland. You're not willing and don't want to spend the extra cash to go to California, despite the fact that Disney in California is completely different from Florida and you won't get the same experience. At least you plan on visiting someday!;)

I brought this up a long time ago, but I'll bring it up again. If you want to see Cars Land, visit California. I live in California, but I'm willing to spend the thousands to go to Florida and see WDW, because I honestly and truly want to see it. When I go to Disneyland, I spend maybe one hundred dollars, due to discounts and free admission. One hundred dollars is one dollar compared to the thousands I'll spend in Florida, but I'm willing to do it because WDW will totally be a new and different experience for me, and it's somewhere I've been wanting to go since forever. If people truly wanted to visit Disneyland, they'd make it happen.

techee

That's what I'm trying to say. Why not sit down and come up with something new instead taking the easy way out and just taking something that's already been thought out and built somewhere else and putting it in another park? Stuff like that makes me angry.

That's why I think they should expand the Backlot, entirely gut out ad redo the tour, and put only RSR for the Pixar Place expansion, complete with a walk through of Radiator Springs, plus a shop and a restaurant.

Californian Elitist

That's why I think they should expand the Backlot, entirely gut out ad redo the tour, and put only RSR for the Pixar Place expansion, complete with a walk through of Radiator Springs, plus a shop and a restaurant.

Your idea contradicts what I was saying. Something completely different needs to go in the backlot. Your idea is Cars Land, without Luigi's and Mater's, basically. I'm in favor of something unique and different.

TP2000

Virgin America, Delta, American and United are all offering non-stop flights from MCO to LAX for $278 round trip. (Gotta love modern price-matching!). There are seven departures per day from MCO offering non-stop service to LAX. If you want to fly into John Wayne airport instead, you'll need to change planes in Dallas or Atlanta, but it's a nicer airport much closer to Disneyland than big, old, dirty LAX is. And by flying into John Wayne, you land already in Orange County and avoid the Los Angeles traffic and vibe entirely.

There are eight non-stops per day from Miami to LAX, mostly priced at $298 round trip. To avoid nasty LAX... JetBlue's major West Coast hub is at Long Beach Airport, about 25 minutes drive from Disneyland. JetBlue offers several flights per day from Orlando or Ft. Lauderdale to Long Beach, from $264 round trip. There are three other major international airports in the greater LA area besides LAX or Long Beach; Burbank Bob Hope Airport, Ontario International, and Orange County John Wayne Airport. Shop around for the best deals, and a long weekend at Disneyland is very economical from nearly every major city in North America. ;)

The price of jet travel has never been cheaper, especially adjusted for inflation. It's a very, very cheap product available to practically anyone now. Those who don't take advantage of the very cheap price of American jet travel are doing themselves no favors. Cars Land is calling!

carsland.jpg

TP2000

For the record, I'd be interested to see how they could change Cars Land by plopping a second version into DHS. Luigi's could be an Italian restaurant instead of a ride, and Flo's could be an animatronic musical show instead of a restaurant. Mater's could be a play area using props from his Tall Tales adventures instead of a ride, and Sarge could offer a ride in his backyard based on his SUV boot camp concept. There are lots of possibilities to mix it up a bit in Cars Land 2.0 in DHS.

But Radiator Springs Racers would need to be a direct lift for DHS. It's such a great ride as it is! What they can't do is offer a cut-down or shortened version of Racers. It would be Pirates of the Caribbean all over again, where Disneyland got the full-fledged 15 minute long ride and WDW got a quick clone that's only 8 minutes long and missing the drops and several scenes and a lot of the placemaking mood-setting stuff.

If they do Cars Land 2.0 for DHS later this decade, they simply must keep Racers as it is. And then play around a bit with the town offerings for the dining, shopping and smaller C Ticket rides.

If they just pick up Racers and plop it in the back of DHS, without the town and long drag of Route 66 to get to the Racers ride at the back, then that's no good either. Cars Land succeeds because it offers the whole package of sights and sounds and vistas and experiences. Plopping the big ride in the back without the buildup will only set up DHS for unfavorable reviews and a cheaped-out feel compared to the bigger, grander version in DCA.

It's got to be all or nothing for Cars Land 2.0 wherever it might land!

spacemt354

Chili's
Virgin America, Delta, American and United are all offering non-stop flights from MCO to LAX for $278 round trip. (Gotta love modern price-matching!). There are seven departures per day from MCO offering non-stop service to LAX. If you want to fly into John Wayne airport instead, you'll need to change planes in Dallas or Atlanta, but it's a nicer airport much closer to Disneyland than big, old, dirty LAX is. And by flying into John Wayne, you land already in Orange County and avoid the Los Angeles traffic and vibe entirely.

There are eight non-stops per day from Miami to LAX, mostly priced at $298 round trip. To avoid nasty LAX... JetBlue's major West Coast hub is at Long Beach Airport, about 25 minutes drive from Disneyland. JetBlue offers several flights per day from Orlando or Ft. Lauderdale to Long Beach, from $264 round trip. There are three other major international airports in the greater LA area besides LAX or Long Beach; Burbank Bob Hope Airport, Ontario International, and Orange County John Wayne Airport. Shop around for the best deals, and a long weekend at Disneyland is very economical from nearly every major city in North America. ;)

On paper, that all seems very nice and economically feasible. But in reality, being in a large family with conflicting schedules, work, school etc, the chances of us just saying "Hey let's go to Disneyland for a weekend" are very slim. $298 round trip sounds nice, but then you have to multiply that by 4, 5, 6 family members. Now try to find that rate of $298 at a time where the whole family is not conflicted with work and school. That leaves you with the holidays, a time when all the airlines like to jack up the prices.

It's much more difficult then it seems, especially for a family, to just pack their bags and go to Disneyland willy-nilly, whether Carsland is calling or not.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

The price of jet travel has never been cheaper, especially adjusted for inflation. It's a very, very cheap product available to practically anyone now. Those who don't take advantage of the very cheap price of American jet travel are doing themselves no favors. Cars Land is calling!

carsland.jpg

WOW.

What a photo. Where is this from?

Literally dropped my jaw.

techee

Your idea contradicts what I was saying. Something completely different needs to go in the backlot. Your idea is Cars Land, without Luigi's and Mater's, basically. I'm in favor of something unique and different.

Yeah, I know I said all of that, but the outlook is this: Something Cars is coming over to HS for some sort of Pixar Place expansion and it might just be RSR, although people like you oppose it. The Backlot does need some work and the only way to put in, a possible, RSR is to totally regut the tour and redo it from scratch. While that's being done, more than likely LMA will be taken out. That area, if they don't try to put in a new stunt show, will be a good place to add a loads more of new rides and family shows. So it does contradict a little with what you said, but it supports what was said, at the same time.

spacemt354

Chili's
Aha! So it's not like you CAN'T visit Disneyland. You don't WANT to visit Disneyland. You're not willing and don't want to spend the extra cash to go to California, despite the fact that Disney in California is completely different from Florida and you won't get the same experience. At least you plan on visiting someday!;)

I brought this up a long time ago, but I'll bring it up again. If you want to see Cars Land, visit California. I live in California, but I'm willing to spend the thousands to go to Florida and see WDW, because I honestly and truly want to see it. When I go to Disneyland, I spend maybe one hundred dollars, due to discounts and free admission. One hundred dollars is one dollar compared to the thousands I'll spend in Florida, but I'm willing to do it because WDW will totally be a new and different experience for me, and it's somewhere I've been wanting to go since forever. If people truly wanted to visit Disneyland, they'd make it happen.

It's not that we don't WANT to visit Disneyland, it's just a lot HARDER for a family to just get up and travel 3,000 miles to Disneyland than you and tp make it seem. A single person, this might be a little easier. But for a family of 4, 5, 6 people, it's very difficult as I described above In a family, you aren't just thinking for yourself, the cost multiplies with every person in the family. We know from experience. It's not that we haven't WANTED to go to Disneyland, we just didn't have the resources available to us. Luckily we were able to go in 2010 and we are going back this Christmas, but WDW is much more cost effective for us especially since we drive and save the costs for a flight. And we can make a whole weeklong family vacation out of it.

Yeah I think every Disney fan at heart would love to just "make it happen" and go to Disneyland. I'm sure you too wish you could "make it happen" and go to WDW. But a lot of times cost and schedule play a huge role, especially in families, which is why I don't blame anyone if at trip to Cali is very difficult for them.

Californian Elitist

It's not that we don't WANT to visit Disneyland, it's just a lot HARDER for a family to just get up and travel 3,000 miles to Disneyland than you and tp make it seem. A single person, this might be a little easier. But for a family of 4, 5, 6 people, it's very difficult as I described above In a family, you aren't just thinking for yourself, the cost multiplies with every person in the family. We know from experience. It's not that we haven't WANTED to go to Disneyland, we just didn't have the resources available to us. Luckily we were able to go in 2010 and we are going back this Christmas, but WDW is much more cost effective for us especially since we drive and save the costs for a flight. And we can make a whole weeklong family vacation out of it.

Yeah I think every Disney fan at heart would love to just "make it happen" and go to Disneyland. I'm sure you too wish you could "make it happen" and go to WDW. But a lot of times cost and schedule play a huge role, especially in families, which is why I don't blame anyone if at trip to Cali is very difficult for them.

Save. So it takes longer, but you're getting to where you need to go. Put off that WDW trip you make yearly and use that money towards California. Refer to TP's post. I am going to make my WDW trip happen. It's going to happen, plain and simple, even if it takes years.

Oh and you can easily spend weeks in California. There's plenty of stuff to do here, than just Disneyland. @Cosmic Commando will be spending almost the entire month of November here! There's no excuse on that note.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

I could afford to go to DLR, DL Paris or Tokyo if I wanted to. It's not about money. I choose to go to WDW. Why is it wrong for someone who only visits WDW to want something built that they most likely will not see very often if at all? You have stated in previous posts that you have never been to WDW so I dont understand why it would impact you if they built Carsland there. If they left it a blank lot or kept it as is or built something unique and different what does it matter if you dont visit anyway. I get the feeling that your point in all of this is you want Carsland to just exist in CA for bragging rights. In a WDW vs DLR debate you want to be able to throw out Carsland as a plus for DLR. You're entitled to that opinion, but you are failing to see the other side. Some of the people who WANT to just visit WDW and don't have any intention of visiting Carsland in CA on a regular basis and dont really care about the us vs them debates would enjoy having it in FL. If I don't see Carsland in CA anytime soon and they build it in FL it will be new and original for me. If Carsland was built in Tokyo first and then cloned in DCA would it be a big deal?

Turtle

I always visit WDW never been to DL but I don't want a Carsland.. I just want Radiator Springs Racers and the curios outside Pixar Place and TDO spending the rest of the money on two more Pixar attractions making it a land. IMO

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I always visit WDW never been to DL but I don't want a Carsland.. I just want Radiator Springs Racers and the curios outside Pixar Place and TDO spending the rest of the money on two more Pixar attractions making it a land. IMO

I would be good with that.

Turtle

I would be good with that.
I think Toy Story Midway Mania, Radiator Springs Racers, Monsters Inc Dark Ride (But Actually good this time), and an UP spinner themed to furniture along with Pizza Planet and La Ratatouille for dining and Buy 'N Large (Wall-E) and the Radiator Springs curios shop is a sure-fire hit for WDW

Californian Elitist

I could afford to go to DLR, DL Paris or Tokyo if I wanted to. It's not about money. I choose to go to WDW. Why is it wrong for someone who only visits WDW to want something built that they most likely will not see very often if at all? You have stated in previous posts that you have never been to WDW so I dont understand why it would impact you if they built Carsland there. If they left it a blank lot or kept it as is or built something unique and different what does it matter if you dont visit anyway. I get the feeling that your point in all of this is you want Carsland to just exist in CA for bragging rights. In a WDW vs DLR debate you want to be able to throw out Carsland as a plus for DLR. You're entitled to that opinion, but you are failing to see the other side. Some of the people who WANT to just visit WDW and don't have any intention of visiting Carsland in CA on a regular basis and dont really care about the us vs them debates would enjoy having it in FL. If I don't see Carsland in CA anytime soon and they build it in FL it will be new and original for me. If Carsland was built in Tokyo first and then cloned in DCA would it be a big deal?

Putting the same things in each Disney resort doesn't make them different, in my opinion. They lose their separate identities. I will be visiting Florida in the future, once things get better. For a more elaborate reason why I don't want Cars Land in Florida, refer to post number 1517.

I don't participate in DLR vs WDW debates, so it has nothing to do with bragging. That's childish. Cars Land is on a whole different level for me and some other Californians and I really don't think you'd ever understand, so I'm not going to repeat myself. Again, if you want to read my thoughts, refer to post number 1517.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Putting the same things in each Disney resort doesn't make them different, in my opinion. They lose their separate identities. I will be visiting Florida in the future, once things get better. For a more elaborate reason why I don't want Cars Land in Florida, refer to post number 1517.

I don't participate in DLR vs WDW debates, so it has nothing to do with bragging. That's childish. Cars Land is on a whole different level for me and some other Californians and I really don't think you'd ever understand, so I'm not going to repeat myself. Again, if you want to read my thoughts, refer to post number 1517.

This post:

Imagine being a Disneyland fan in CA in the 80's and 90's, one by one watching each new park in FL pop up, while you get squat. After years and years, the company announces they plan on building a second park for Disneyland. The park debuts and it's total crap. There may be one or two well themed areas but as a whole, the park flat out sucks. To say Westerners felt jipped and totally got the short end of the stick would be an understatement. It was an insult to the fans to have a park like DCA 1.0 sitting across from Disneyland. It was cheap looking, tacky and overall pathetic. Pretty much everyone was ed. No love for Disneyland fans.

Fast forward six years and the company announces they plan on putting loads of money into DCA to fix it, and the big draw of the new expansion will be a new land called Cars Land. Everyone went nuts, not only because Cars Land looked seriously impressive, but the company was not blind to the fact that DCA was just not doing it for the Disneyland fans and they wanted to fix that. Five years go by and the debut of Cars Land hits. People are having heart attacks over our new present. Westerners are expressing their love over not only Cars Land but DCA in general. I've never heard so many people get so excited for DCA, the same park we couldn't care less about eleven years ago. Pretty much everyone's finally happy.

Not even six months later, Florida management is having conversation about putting Cars Land in one of the parks. California's new present and the redeemer of the black sheep of the Disney parks, and Florida wants it. It's like your mom buying you a crazy, expensive birthday gift and your sibling starts whining and crying, explaining he/she wants the same thing and your mom breaks down and ends up buying your sibling the same thing, on your special day. That's how Westerners feel.

For decades, Californians watched money and parks go to Florida. Finally, an amazing product is making our second park amazing and worthy for the guests. Yes, there's an emotional attachment for it and there's reason for it too. Cars Land isn't just some new ride, it's an entire package that's been keeping Disneyland guests happy to visit its brother, without complaints and whining. It's corny to put it this way but it's a savior. That's where the attachment comes from. Once again, I don't expect for you to fully understand why Californians don't want to see Cars Land in Florida, because you're WDW vet and not a Disneyland one, but that's how the West Coast (Disneylanders) feels. Sorry for the rant.

Seems pretty similar to what I was saying. You want it to be just in CA because it's something that DLR has that WDW doesn't. I respect your right to an opinion, but I can't say I understand it really. I just don't see how building a clone of RSR or the entire Carsland in FL would take away from your experience in CA. They can clone the entire WDW resort down to the commemorative bricks outside the MK anywhere in the world and it would not bother me in the least or impact my visits. We can agree to disagree on this one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom