DHS CARS LAND

Bob Saget

I do not have the time or patience to go back and read through all this. But could somebody please reply with the chances of CL actually happening in WDW? 1 being not likely, 10 being extremely likely. Thanks.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I do not have the time or patience to go back and read through all this. But could somebody please reply with the chances of CL actually happening in WDW? 1 being not likely, 10 being extremely likely. Thanks.

3.14159.... No wait, that's Pi.

No one knows for sure, but some of the reliable sources are all in agreement that some form of at least RSR is coming and maybe most of the rest of the land with.

Taylor

Based on what some of the insiders have said. A full land 4 maybe 5 RSR 6 or 7

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I have no idea what they are considering obviously. My only certainty is that we will not see the rockwork from DCA looming over all of DHS in the future. And if my opinion is wrong and they build on that scale I will leave. No more, no less.

But if they put the rock work part all the way in the back, the Great movie ride building and TSM should block out most of the view from the rest of the park. I think they can keep the rock work without harming the rest of DHS. Just my opinion.

TimeTrip

I clearly stated it is my opinion and I still do not believe we will see the rockwork from DCA cloned at DHS. Period. It would look beyond ridiculous from most of the park if they do that.

Exactly how tall IS the rockwork? Is it taller than the MK train station, which isn't viewable from most of the MK?

TimeTrip

Scroll halfway down this page(can't figure out how to post just the picture) there is a picture of Carsland form Paradise Pier in DCA. The rocks do stick up pretty high, but they pretty much blend into the background.
http://www.mouseplanet.com/9892/Disneyland_Resort_Update
Hmm.. well the backside doesn't look that much taller than say.. Splash Mountain.. and thats not visible from most of the MK either. The peaks may be troublesome tho. I certainly feel like they could tuck the rockwork away at the edge of the park so that only New York street and the end of Pixar place could see it. Certainly not from "most of the park".

spacemt354

Chili's
As I mentioned earlier several times, the Mexico pavilion has an amazing volcano inside. That is just one option. There are unlimited possibilities. WDW74 mentioned a mostly dark ride configuration and I think that is possible. I never underestimate WDI's abilities and neither should anyone here. Think outside the box as they do.

Technically they'd be thinking inside the box on that one ;)

I'd doubt RSR would come without the rockwork. Have you ever seen the Mexico Pavillion's Volcano in person? Sure, it does look nice, but that doesn't get me excited about the potential attraction coming. Yes, I've said before, some family dark rides will do DHS wonders, and I think Pixar Place is the perfect place for that. Yet why tinker with an idea like RSR that has been so successful and enjoyable? The rockwork will be mostly hidden by other buildings, and there will be a reveal just as the Prince Eric's castle is supposed to be in the FLE.

I don't live in California, but I'm pretty you can see mountain ranges in the distance from Hollywood, and Route 66 travels through California, and RSR is based on a Cars film, being built in a theme park that celebrates movies. Moreover Cars is a Pixar film, and the attraction would be built the Pixar Place area of the park.

So even if you can see the rockwork in other areas of the park, it shouldn't be too shocking or off-putting to a guest. You say never underestimate WDW's abilities but it seems like you are underestimating their ability to successfully implement rockwork into DHS without intefering with any thematic elements. I can assure they would find a way.

Take ToT for example. You can see it from World Showcase in Epcot. But notice where you are seeing it. ToT lines up directly with the Morocco pavillion, yet to someone who doesn't realize it is the ToT, the attraction truly looks like a backdrop of Morocco. The color and shape all blend in with the themes of Morocco as to not interfere with any sightlines or thematic elements. So that gives me great hope that they won't have any issue with the rockwork of RSR.

Turtle

Call me crazy but I only want RSR with an exit Curios shop but not a full Carsland. I think we should have a full Pixar land including RSR and two other franchise. My list below :)

Pixar Place:
1. Toy Story Midway Mania:
(Where it is now)
Pizza Planet: Relocated to where the meet and greets for Toy Story is now and it would take more space also.
2. Ratatouille Kitchen Calamity: In the empty soundstage next to Midway Mania, and the ride is being constructed in DLP. And apparently it's an omnimover like Pooh's Hunny Hunt (or it can be like Spiderman cause it simulates that effects perfectly) which features the scene in the film where Remy is scurrying around the kitchen which is bigger than him.
Café Ratatouille: 3/4 quick service food, 1/4 store. It would be in the exit dock of Ratatouille Kitchen Calamity
3. Radiator Springs Racers: Take a trip to Radiator Springs and be involved in the greatest race you'll experience! (Taking up part of backlot)
Radiator Springs Curios: Store at the end of Radiator Springs Racers where you can buy souvenirs from your stay at the cutest little town in Carburator Canyon
4. Paradise Falls Playset: Retheme HISTK Playground to South America! It's much more popular/recent and has more potential because the film is so creative! You can see a Kevin pop out from the pushes, more interactive tidbits with the dogs, and there can be a force perspective facade of the house up on the waterfall!
5. Pixar Pals Meet and Greets - Building for meet and greets with all characters (even Wall-e!) and has a store with all Pixar franchise merchandise.

steamboat wil

At 42 pages in a few days I really do hope Disney people read these forums. They would see how starved the fan community is for any new attractions. I know cloning something is a cheaper option that works for profits but i always think I would probably spend more vacation money on something that is unique. I can't speak for what Walt Disney would do but in reading a few books about him I would imagine he would always be thinking of the next best thing. If Disney truly wanted to keep with Walts vision, there would have been less clones since day 1 of WDW. I'm sure I can be pleased with a RSR or CL, because being a WDW fan I have to accept basically anything. Doesn't anyone miss when WDW got the cool stuff and other parks got clones? When Disney reads these forums wouldn't you think they would want people super excited about their next big thing, other than "at least we're getting something". I'm soooo ready for our trip to DL in March. It will be nice to get back to REAL nostalgia, not this marketing scam to get you to buy retro merch. But that's another story for another time.

heatherkatheleen

Whatever comes, I'll enjoy it even if it's a clone. After all, most of us have never experienced the clones so it's a new ride to us! We all have things that we'd prefer but after all it's better to have an actual ride than to want another ride on a fan board ^.^
In all honesty it would just be nice to see DHS get something really fantastic and jaw-dropping... I feel like that hasn't happened at all since RnRc and ToT (and I feel like CL would be on another level higher than those attractions since CL is a whole world in itself)

heatherkatheleen

Call me crazy but I only want RSR with an exit Curios shop but not a full Carsland. I think we should have a full Pixar land including RSR and two other franchise. My list below :)

Pixar Place:
1. Toy Story Midway Mania: (Where it is now)
Pizza Planet: Relocated to where the meet and greets for Toy Story is now and it would take more space also.
2. Ratatouille Kitchen Calamity: In the empty soundstage next to Midway Mania, and the ride is being constructed in DLP. And apparently it's an omnimover like Pooh's Hunny Hunt (or it can be like Spiderman cause it simulates that effects perfectly) which features the scene in the film where Remy is scurrying around the kitchen which is bigger than him.
Café Ratatouille: 3/4 quick service food, 1/4 store. It would be in the exit dock of Ratatouille Kitchen Calamity
3. Radiator Springs Racers: Take a trip to Radiator Springs and be involved in the greatest race you'll experience! (Taking up part of backlot)
Radiator Springs Curios: Store at the end of Radiator Springs Racers where you can buy souvenirs from your stay at the cutest little town in Carburator Canyon
4. Paradise Falls Playset: Retheme HISTK Playground to South America! It's much more popular/recent and has more potential because the film is so creative! You can see a Kevin pop out from the pushes, more interactive tidbits with the dogs, and there can be a force perspective facade of the house up on the waterfall!
5. Pixar Pals Meet and Greets - Building for meet and greets with all characters (even Wall-e!) and has a store with all Pixar franchise merchandise.
I totally get what you're asking for, but don't you think this would lack cohesiveness? If they did say, a full Monstropolis or Cars Land, I think the wow impact would be a million times bigger because after all, the whole wow factor of Cars Land is how completely immersive it is-- it has the singularity of one full world that allows the guest to feel as if they have entered a completely different world... time.... etc. Making a Pixar Land wouldn't be as striking because it would be the same as what we've seen before: streets with rides that lead into guest shops. Boring compared to what an entire land could offer in terms of experience.

jt04

Technically they'd be thinking inside the box on that one ;)

I'd doubt RSR would come without the rockwork. Have you ever seen the Mexico Pavillion's Volcano in person? Sure, it does look nice, but that doesn't get me excited about the potential attraction coming. Yes, I've said before, some family dark rides will do DHS wonders, and I think Pixar Place is the perfect place for that. Yet why tinker with an idea like RSR that has been so successful and enjoyable? The rockwork will be mostly hidden by other buildings, and there will be a reveal just as the Prince Eric's castle is supposed to be in the FLE.

I don't live in California, but I'm pretty you can see mountain ranges in the distance from Hollywood, and Route 66 travels through California, and RSR is based on a Cars film, being built in a theme park that celebrates movies. Moreover Cars is a Pixar film, and the attraction would be built the Pixar Place area of the park.

So even if you can see the rockwork in other areas of the park, it shouldn't be too shocking or off-putting to a guest. You say never underestimate WDW's abilities but it seems like you are underestimating their ability to successfully implement rockwork into DHS without intefering with any thematic elements. I can assure they would find a way.

Take ToT for example. You can see it from World Showcase in Epcot. But notice where you are seeing it. ToT lines up directly with the Morocco pavillion, yet to someone who doesn't realize it is the ToT, the attraction truly looks like a backdrop of Morocco. The color and shape all blend in with the themes of Morocco as to not interfere with any sightlines or thematic elements. So that gives me great hope that they won't have any issue with the rockwork of RSR.

I never said rockwork would not be part of the attraction. Certainly it will. What I have said is there is no way they will duplicate what was done at DCA. People here have no ability evidently to conceptualize how it would overwhelm the park. I just do not see that happening. When and if they do something with the franchise at WDW it could be a radically different application. Simple as that. No way an exact clone is happening at DHS IMO. Time will tell.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I never said rockwork would not be part of the attraction. Certainly it will. What I have said is there is no way they will duplicate what was done at DCA. People here have no ability evidently to conceptualize how it would overwhelm the park. I just do not see that happening. When and if they do something with the franchise at WDW it could be a radically different application. Simple as that. No way an exact clone is happening at DHS IMO. Time will tell.
I agree that it will not be an exact clone. They never are. In the interest of saving money, I don't see them going radically different either. Maybe just smaller mountains.

Lee

Adventurer
People here have no ability evidently to conceptualize how it would overwhelm the park. I just do not see that happening.
I don't think it would overwhelm it at all.
Assuming RSR takes over the LMA spot, the rock work would only be visible from parts of Pixar Place and streets of America.
A direct lift of RSR wouldn't surprise me at all. All of Carsland...that would be the surprise.

Taylor

I don't think it would overwhelm it at all.
Assuming RSR takes over the LMA spot, the rock work would only be visible from parts of Pixar Place and streets of America.
A direct lift of RSR wouldn't surprise me at all. All of Carsland...that would be the surprise.
Lee do you think other Pixar attractions could be built with RSR. Or would RSR be it?

Brewmaster

Exactly how tall IS the rockwork? Is it taller than the MK train station, which isn't viewable from most of the MK?
I read that the Cadillac Range at RSR is approximately 125' high, that's roughly 75' shorter than ToT. I really don't see a height issue with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom