DHS CARS LAND

RSoxNo1

Monsters Inc. can be the dark ride, just clone the ride over at DCA and put it next to TSMM, but not the coaster. And with the Cantina, sounds like its sort of in the air. Finally, with American Idol, I don't think that's going out anytime soon. IMO, anyways.
Cloning the DCA darkride seems silly. It's a decent enough dark ride, but it was using a lot of the infrastructure of Super Star Limo. I wouldn't mind several of these smaller C ticket dark rides based on Pixar properties to round out Pixar Place either, but again a direct clone of Mike and Sully to the Rescue seems silly.

RSoxNo1

I know I'm waaaaay out on a limb with this opinion, but as awesome as the mountain range is, the core of the ride takes place indoors. If they did a mostly-indoors version of the ride in DHS, that would be OK with me, even without the mountain range.

Would it be as AWESOME as DCA's version? Heck no.
Would it satisfy the masses? Um, yes. "They're tourists. What do THEY know?"

Personally, I'd be unsatisfied. But I do travel to CA every year or two, so my soul wouldn't rend or anything.
They could make a dark ride that uses a different ride system, but still has the impressive Animatronics in an entirely indoor attraction. There are certainly advantages to this in Florida. However, anything less than the full mountain range is going to be seen as grossly inferior. It's why I'd love to see a new concept (or several new concepts find their way into DHS.

I'm also guessing there were other rides proposed for Carsland in DCA, does anyone know what they were?

devoy1701

Most notably SSE, GMR, RockN, Safaris, M:S, T:T, HoP, Retro Space Mountain, E:E, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon... the list could go on....

And what if all of these things listed were duplicated at all of the Disney Parks across the world, eliminating any need for anyone in any other geographic area to visit Walt Disney World? What if suddenly there were 7 SSE's around the world? I mean it bothers me enough that they couldn't continue developing unique castles for the Disneyland-style parks around the world!

Almost all attractions (major ones anyway) at Disneyland have been cloned in Disney World and most other Disney Resorts, which unfortunately does eliminate the need and desire for someone to make a trip there who isn't considered a local. Disneyland absolutely needs something to call it's own. There is no reason each resort should have some of their own unique major offerings. And Disney fans should see these unique offerings as reasons to plan trips to the other resorts instead of taking the stance of "well they better bring it here because I'm not ever gonna get to see it otherwise..."

Cody5294

Bingo. You couldn't of said it better. I have no plans or intentions on going to Disney land. Traveling all the way to California from Florida would cost to much

71jason

Rt 66 travels through half the country and while it's not explicit where exactly the town is located, it's indicated that it's not in California (e.g. it's stated that Lightning needs to go "to California" for the race which you wouldn't say if they were already in the state). And using California's car culture as a rationale for Carslands seem like a pretty backdoor post facto justification.

I remember a thread on this when Cars Land was first announced for DCA. Apparently it's canon somewhere that Radiator Springs is in Arizona. #DisneyNerdStench

In any case, agreed if it fits DCA, it fits DHS.

spacemt354

Chili's
Oh, I'm going. I was just trying to make a point. Each resort brings their own game. People state there won't be any reasons to visit both resorts, which is so ludicrous. They're not exactly the same. One should visit DL for the rich history and loads of things to do in one park. One should visit WDW for the amount of things to do in the entire resort. There's always at least one reason to visit both. One reason should be enough for so-called "Disney fans".

A lot of times, it comes down to family concerns and convenience. If I was on my own, and had all the free time in the world to travel to the disney parks and money was no object, I would be the first guy on that plane to Tokyo or Paris or Cali. But in a family and juggling work, time, and travel expenses, it's not so easy to say "let's all travel on vacation across the country and the world to see the Disney parks" While all Disney fans at some point in their lives should visit Disneyland, the original, "the house that Walt built" to use a Yankees reference, it's not that easy. It's probably for some of the same reasons you haven't visited WDW yet. The lack of convenience in location, the love for your "home" disney park, and the amount of time and money one needs to set aside in order to make that cross-country trip a reality.

Despite the Matterhorn, Cars, the longer Pirates, and other classics DLR holds, and the unique attractions, parks, and activities in WDW as well, I don't think it makes anyone less of a Disney fan if that don't choose to go out of their way to visit a Disney resort far away, and instead opt for the more convenient Disney location for them.

Rasvar

Oh, I'm going. I was just trying to make a point. Each resort brings their own game. People state there won't be any reasons to visit both resorts, which is so ludicrous. They're not exactly the same. One should visit DL for the rich history and loads of things to do in one park. One should visit WDW for the amount of things to do in the entire resort. There's always at least one reason to visit both. One reason should be enough for so-called "Disney fans".

I have always liked this kind of thinking. Take the ill-fated WestCot. I am so thrilled that was never built. I have been complaining for years that when Disney clones an attraction, they are only cannibalizing possible future markets in an effort for short term reward. Cars Land should remain in DCA only. The parks become too homogenized. I personally think both parks would be in better shape if they both stopped sharing some common items. Will it cost a little bit more? Yes, there will be a short term hit on profits (which is why it will never happen). Disney is ultimately the only thing that can compete with Disney and push it to the guest experience it is capable of presenting. Universal is trying. I have a glimmer of hope it is waking a sleeping giant because if WDW really wants to try to innovate and invest in itself, it will be difficult for anyplace to compete with it. If Disney just worked on competing with itself, I feel the money flow that would result would exceed anything they are currently doing.

MUTZIE77

And what if all of these things listed were duplicated at all of the Disney Parks across the world, eliminating any need for anyone in any other geographic area to visit Walt Disney World? What if suddenly there were 7 SSE's around the world? I mean it bothers me enough that they couldn't continue developing unique castles for the Disneyland-style parks around the world!

Almost all attractions (major ones anyway) have been cloned in Disney World and most other Disney Resorts, which unfortunately does eliminate the need and desire for someone to make a trip there who isn't considered a local. Disneyland absolutely needs something to call it's own. There is no reason each resort should have some of their own unique major offerings. And Disney fans should see these unique offerings as reasons to plan trips to the other resorts instead of taking the stance of "well they better bring it here because I'm not ever gonna get to see it otherwise..."

This sums up my feelings exactly. Something the size and scope of Carsland should not be recreated, it should continue to be the shining star of DCA.

Californian Elitist

A lot of times, it comes down to family concerns and convenience. If I was on my own, and had all the free time in the world to travel to the disney parks and money was no object, I would be the first guy on that plane to Tokyo or Paris or Cali. But in a family and juggling work, time, and travel expenses, it's not so easy to say "let's all travel on vacation across the country and the world to see the Disney parks" While all Disney fans at some point in their lives should visit Disneyland, the original, "the house that Walt built" to use a Yankees reference, it's not that easy. It's probably for some of the same reasons you haven't visited WDW yet. The lack of convenience in location, the love for your "home" disney park, and the amount of time and money one needs to set aside in order to make that cross-country trip a reality.

Despite the Matterhorn, Cars, the longer Pirates, and other classics DLR holds, and the unique attractions, parks, and activities in WDW as well, I don't think it makes anyone less of a Disney fan if that don't choose to go out of their way to visit a Disney resort far away, and instead opt for the more convenient Disney location for them.

Of course it's not easy. Florida is on the opposite end of the country, from where I'm located. Better believe I will make a WDW trip happen. If it takes years, so be it. I truly and sincerely want to visit WDW, so I'm going to do what it takes to make it happen. If people truly and sincerely wanted to visit Disneyland, they'd make it happen.

When I say they're not true Disney fans, I'm referring to those who state they don't want to visit Disneyland because it's smaller or the castle is not very tall or the fact that they can see a freeway from the Monorail, which are all incredibly stupid reasons not to go. I should have been more clear.

Rasvar

Cloning the DCA darkride seems silly. It's a decent enough dark ride, but it was using a lot of the infrastructure of Super Star Limo. I wouldn't mind several of these smaller C ticket dark rides based on Pixar properties to round out Pixar Place either, but again a direct clone of Mike and Sully to the Rescue seems silly.

Little Mermaid was not built on SSL infrastructure. It is in a different building. That was Mike and Sulley to the Rescue. And for the love everything, that thing does not need to be cloned!

heatherkatheleen

This sums up my feelings exactly. Something the size and scope of Carsland should not be recreated, it should continue to be the shining star of DCA.
It sounds like whether people agree or not, Cars Land is likely to come to WDW. It's unfortunate because I think DHS deserves something completely their own, but fiscally I think it makes sense to the decision-makers to just duplicate something thats already so successful. Sad really :( As much as I would love to see a Cars Land, and the only place I would see it would be FLA (I don't go to DL) I think it would be much more special to give fans and guests something just as immersive, but completely unique to WDW

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom