DHS CARS LAND

Rasvar

Like I said, they could always make an original ride, that's based on the movie, and not use the same things that was used over at DCA. 'Cause I don't think HS needs another coaster ride with a height requirement, just a family ride like what you would see in Fantasyland, that's all, but themed to a Pixar movie, in this case Monsters Inc. So, no cloning of that ride would be necessary.

I don't really mind this idea. I actually think an UP themed dark ride could be appealing. It has been forever since we have had another "flying" dark ride.

Californian Elitist

My eyes roll so far when Hong Kong and Shanghai are mentioned they need a GPS to find their way back. I am fortunate that I travel often so I make it to both DLR and WDW. WDW is my "home park". I grew up in Florida. My parents had me at the Magic Kingdom on opening day in 1971. I was also at opening day for EPCOT Center and Disney-MGM Studios. I missed Animal Kingdoms opening because my work had me in Alabama working disaster centers for an F5 tornado earlier in the month. I feel for WDW the way someone who grew up in SoCal with Disneyland feels. I felt sorry for DLR in 2001. I feel sorry for WDW now. I want it to get some of the real love it needs. I hope it gets it and it is not just a copy of something else.

Oh, I was also one of the few unfortunate people who actually rode Superstar Limo. That was a true low point for the Disney company!

Unfortunately, I wasn't there for Disneyland's opening day lol. But my grandma tells me stories from Yesterland all the time.

I think it's a shame the company can't keep up with both resorts at the same time. I'm not just saying I want Cars Land kept in CA because I'm a Disneylander. I truly and honestly wanted DHS to get something unique and different because it would have been more exciting. Still hoping Cars Land stays exclusive to DCA.

Please don't mention Superstar Limo...

flynnibus

Premium Member
No, but I tell them about DisneySea and they get very excited...no disappointment yet from people who I've mentioned it to and have gone there.

Its not about a slice of America, its about the fact that there's an incredible theme park so immersive you really feel like you're in another place entirely. Yes, I LOVE Tokyo and all of its wonders as well, which is why I'd love to move there, but taking a day out to visit DisneySea is well worth it IMO

Point being.. there are far bigger things in life than Disney. When I get time in Paris.. France and Paris are on my mind.. not Mickey Mouse.

Mike730

I hate to be the guy that adds armchair imagineering to a thread like this, (and I know others have posted similar things) but I promise it's not what it looks like.

If I didn't know better I'd think RSR was MADE for this spot!

Warning: I'm no computer graphic wizard. And yes this is the correct scale.
scaled.php

Fits well doesn't it? With a queue entrance and bit more rock-work, the whole thing could go behind a facade like the one currently at the end of Streets of America. The height could be a problem, but I'm no imagineer.

AND,
If the backlot pre-show ever gets the axe, we'd have this view as a 'weenie', pulling people down Pixar Place...
5_12_DCA_40397-640x421.jpg

Rasvar

So... Peter Pan esque?
Yeah. But there is so much more you could do with something like that now. Granted, it would be more expensive than an omnimover style ride system. But, especially if you use the old Soundstage adjacent to TSMM, the tall building would offer a chance for some good flight perspective along with allowing for more ride to experience in the same footprint. I'd love to see it happen but won't hold my breath.

techee

I know everyone wants The Tour to be out, but I was just on the Diseyland Paris Studios site, and they had a backlot tour, that's very different to this backlot tour and it looks very interesting by the looks of it. If they redo the backlot tour, then they can make it like they have it over there, and yes they should put RSR over at HS. Can't we have both a new, and interesting, Backlot Tour and RSR? Seems likely to me, anyways.

heatherkatheleen

Yeah. But there is so much more you could do with something like that now. Granted, it would be more expensive than an omnimover style ride system. But, especially if you use the old Soundstage adjacent to TSMM, the tall building would offer a chance for some good flight perspective along with allowing for more ride to experience in the same footprint. I'd love to see it happen but won't hold my breath.
Peter Pan often stands out in peoples minds because of the flying effect... I think though the flying may be a little more expensive it'd ultimately be worth it to revisit it since with the technology available now, they could really run with the idea and make something really astonishing. I won't hold my breath either but I'm totally with you on the idea. We should just become imagineers and get the ball rolling ourselves! :cool:

spacemt354

Chili's
I fly from JFK to LAX for about the same I fly Southwest to Orlando, maybe a little more, but nothing exorbitant. Just have to keep watching. Virgin America is the one I keep coming back to.

And with the bus transportation in WDW, I would rather rent a car anyway than deal with that mess again.

If someone asked me, I would definitely recommend CA over FL. The only thing that might be a deal breaker to some people is the flight time. That's still something that can't be changed. But I know for us, we always prefer DL over WDW.

Just my .02 though. :)

We usually drive to Florida anyway haha. It takes about 18 hours so the flight time isn't the issue for us. It's just around major holidays when the family has off, it's always been very expensive to fly to Cali from what we've seen. That is why we haven't been able to go to Cali as many times as we would have liked to. But you are right, airlines sometimes have discounted rates at random times during the year for holiday flights. It all depends on when you look really.

Rasvar

Peter Pan often stands out in peoples minds because of the flying effect... I think though the flying may be a little more expensive it'd ultimately be worth it to revisit it since with the technology available now, they could really run with the idea and make something really astonishing. I won't hold my breath either but I'm totally with you on the idea. We should just become imagineers and get the ball rolling ourselves! :cool:

Heh. I wish. I'm just a simple Geographer who is always looking for some adventure in his life. Far more talented people than me can still come up with more than I can usually imagine. But, I can always dream.

Turtle

Whatever comes, I'll enjoy it even if it's a clone. After all, most of us have never experienced the clones so it's a new ride to us! We all have things that we'd prefer but after all it's better to have an actual ride than to want another ride on a fan board ^.^

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Point being.. there are far bigger things in life than Disney. When I get time in Paris.. France and Paris are on my mind.. not Mickey Mouse.

Have you actually visited DisneySea?

I mean, the Disney park in Paris is mostly a Magic Kingdom with some nicer attractions...DisneySea is a completely different experience overall.

yoyoflamingo

We usually drive to Florida anyway haha. It takes about 18 hours so the flight time isn't the issue for us. It's just around major holidays when the family has off, it's always been very expensive to fly to Cali from what we've seen. That is why we haven't been able to go to Cali as many times as we would have liked to. But you are right, airlines sometimes have discounted rates at random times during the year for holiday flights. It all depends on when you look really.

I'm a teacher, so I know the locked vacation times all too well. It's the desire (or time) to check religiously the airline fares for the low rates.

And once our son is old enough that we have to pay for his own airline seat, we'll probably drive to FL again too, but save Frequent Flier miles for CA. ;)

spacemt354

Chili's
I'm a teacher, so I know the locked vacation times all too well. It's the desire (or time) to check religiously the airline fares for the low rates.

And once our son is old enough that we have to pay for his own airline seat, we'll probably drive to FL again too, but save Frequent Flier miles for CA. ;)

My parents are teachers too. And I'm a college student with a younger sibiling who's also in school. So yes we are very limited in our holiday time. I'm so grateful though that our family present this year is going to Disneyland on Christmas Day! It has always been a blue sky plan for our family. But luckily this year we all saved up enough and everyone, grandparents and all, is free for the week to go!

kucarachi

Sounds like DHS may be the park of the future. No park will ever be what the magic kingdom is...but sounds like what once was the weakest of the parks is becoming a force to be reckoned with. LMA is a good show and employs real people i don't think it should go..i'd rather see the backlot tour deep sixed instead..lots of space...lots of yawns. You could get rid of HISTK playground and do something 30 years more relevant such as maybe the rainforest from UP...would love to see something with Dug and Russell in it! If they do an exact california adventure version of cars land...hopefully it would take some pressure off toy story mania!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I have a hard time believing that. They need to think of something new. How does Cars Land even fit the theme of the park?

Corporate Disney reassigned the person who was in charge of building Carsland to Orlando. She isnt there to enjoy the weather (trust me, FL in August vs S. CA is a bad trade off). It absolutely was a push from the top. Plus no way someone in Orlando has the authority to spend this kind of money. They can cut EMHs and cancel shows but not spend hundreds of millions.

Carsland fits the theme of DHS about as much as DCA. Part of route 66 runs through CA, but I always thought of Radiator Springs being more of an AZ thing. They never tell you in the movie, but McQueen says numerous times that he has to get out of Radiator Springs to go to CA for the Piston Cup race so I assumed its not in CA. I have driven on parts of route 66 through AZ that have "ghost towns" that were literally abandoned when the interstate was built just like the movie. I suppose the same thing exists in CA too. DHS has Pixar place and Cars was a Pixar movie so it fits.

Radiator Springs is a fictional place set in Route 66, which is in California. Not to mention the huge car culture and car craze that went on in California, and still does.
A land based on a Pixar film that takes place in ARIZONA is more suitable for Pixar Place at Disney's Hollywood Studios than at Disney CALIFORNIA Adventure... but Skipper John wanted new toy to play with. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom