DHS CARS LAND

MUTZIE77

It kinda solidifies my opinion to bring carsland to DHS even more now. Because with TLM being brought to the Magic Kingdom, I was wondering hmm, maybe they are duplicating too much. But now that I see it in perspective of 20 years, I see that the originality far outways the simple piggyback of one coast. If fact, a lot of the original wdw rides are now in other disney parks around the world, so the sharing of ideas and attractions goes both ways. And again I think the future of wdw is looking very promising.

If it ends up coming, I will ride it and enjoy it. I guess I dont like the idea because I see a trend continuing with TDO. In recent years all we have gotten is clones. If the trend continues, there will be no reason for someone from Cleveland to visit DLR or someone from Cali to visit WDW.

spacemt354

Chili's
If it ends up coming, I will ride it and enjoy it. I guess I dont like the idea because I see a trend continuing with TDO. In recent years all we have gotten is clones. If the trend continues, there will be no reason for someone from Cleveland to visit DLR or someone from Cali to visit WDW.

That is very true. The last few "additions", not refurbs, to WDW have been TSMM, TLM. Shanghai is kinda far from Orlando, so SWMT to me will feel much more exclusive. Then RSR at some point in the next few years.

I'm interested in seeing some concept art for Avatar. If it looks good, that idea, plus the long rumored Monster's Inc coaster will have me very interesting in what the future beyond those additions will bring.

I agree, while I don't mind duplicates, I do like some individuality to the disney parks. I hope one day to visit all of them and I'd like to have a favorite unique aspect to all of them, rather than ride the same types of attractions in each part of the world.

Californian Elitist

If the trend continues, there will be no reason for someone from Cleveland to visit DLR or someone from Cali to visit WDW.

I was just told the components of the four parks in Florida exist in the two parks in California. I've yet to visit WDW. Should I just stay in California and limit my Disney parks visits to the Disneyland Resort, since I can find what's in Florida in California?

BryceM

I was just told the components of the four parks in Florida exist in the two parks in California. I've yet to visit WDW. Should I just stay in California and limit my Disney parks visits to the Disneyland Resort, since I can find what's in Florida in California?
You should visit the Florida parks! Each has their own unique and amazing rides!

And while you're there, hit up IoA (my personal favorite theme park of all time!)

devoy1701

I skimmed the last couple pages of this thread and have come to the conclusion that people need to stop being lazy and realize there is more to vacations and Disney than just Walt Disney World. For US citizens, we are talking about another state here, not a foreign country. If you want to see Carsland get yourself on a plane and go see it at Disneyland for Pete's sake! Despite your excuses, it's not that hard, and really doesn't cost much more. I get the business decisions around cloaning attractions but I still see it as lazy. I side with the jungle cruise skipper on this one. Give us something unique to call our own!

Turtle

You should visit the Florida parks! Each has their own unique and amazing rides!

And while you're there, hit up IoA (my personal favorite theme park of all time!)
Don't fall for the competition! Jkjk the wizarding world,marvel island, and all the other "island" tales are fantastic

Californian Elitist

I skimmed the last couple pages of this thread and have come to the conclusion that people need to stop being lazy and realize there is more to vacation and Disney than just Walt Disney World. for US citizens, we are talking about another state here, not a foreign country. If you want to see Carsland get yourself on a plane and go see it at Disneyland for Pete's sake! I get the business decisions around cloaning attractions but I still see it as lazy. I side with the jungle cruise skipper on this one. Give us something unique to call our own!

Gosh, I wish I could like your post one hundred times. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taylor

You should defiantly come to WDW there are still special things here that aren't at DLR

Californian Elitist

Oh, I'm going. I was just trying to make a point. Each resort brings their own game. People state there won't be any reasons to visit both resorts, which is so ludicrous. They're not exactly the same. One should visit DL for the rich history and loads of things to do in one park. One should visit WDW for the amount of things to do in the entire resort. There's always at least one reason to visit both. One reason should be enough for so-called "Disney fans".

heatherkatheleen

Honestly, I'm really hoping if Cars Land comes (which is sounding like something we can all bank on) they include the rock work. When I watched the longer DisneyParks video on YouTube where they go into detail about Cars Land, the rock work, etc., and give panoramic shots of all the rock work, I was legitimately moved to tears. This was partly owed to the sheer passion the imagineers showed for the project (which is the most key ingredient in the success of an attraction) but mostly owed to the BEAUTY of the attraction they had created-- calling it Cars Land was truly no understatement... Just watching the video and imagining what it would be like to see that landscape in person overwhelmed me and moved me. Especially knowing the heart that went into it, (see Kevin Rafferty at time 10:05 and you'll know what I'm talking about) I would hate to see this land squished into a couple attractions with rock work thats lacking and without a fully immersive environment. John Lasseter even says flat out in the video.. The key to the success of Cars Land is the authenticity of the environment. Lets hope we don't get a watered down version of the 'highlights' of Cars Land. Lets get all of the beauty of the landscape, along with the attractions! The attractions owe a great chunk (if not nearly all) of their success to the amazing environment surrounding them!:)
Here is the video I referenced if you haven't already seen it!

MUTZIE77

As others have said, you should definately visit WDW. Just like every Disney park fan should visit DL ( I am for the first time next spring). I was just giving an example of how the average Disney park guest might think when researching a trip an weighing the options in the future if the WDW trend is to keep cloning DLR attractions. They might do the research and see that all the new stuff at WDW is also the same as all of the new stuff at DL and DL is closer so they go there, or vice versa.

BryceM

Oh, I'm going. I was just trying to make a point. Each resort brings their own game. People state there won't be any reasons to visit both resorts, which is so ludicrous. They're not exactly the same. One should visit DL for the rich history and loads of things to do in one park. One should visit WDW for the amount of things to do in the entire resort. There's always at least one reason to visit both. One reason should be enough for so-called "Disney fans".
Yeah, I've been to WDW so many times, but I'm dying to go to DLR and experience Disneyland and California Adventure. Ugh.

Californian Elitist

As others have said, you should definately visit WDW. Just like every Disney park fan should visit DL ( I am for the first time next spring). I was just giving an example of how the average Disney park guest might think when researching a trip an weighing the options in the future if the WDW trend is to keep cloning DLR attractions. They might do the research and see that all the new stuff at WDW is also the same as all of the new stuff at DL and DL is closer so they go there, or vice versa.

See my replied post to Bryce.

Turtle

Haha, yes! I love both equally. I could seriously live at UOR or WDW.
WDW has the slight edge for me because of the nostalgia factor, it's a more immersive (except WWoHP), and a bigger resort. But Universal is certainly getting there

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom