DHS CARS LAND

Bairstow

If that were the case, wouldn't Disneyland and WDW's Tomorrowland be in a far better state than they actually are? I've no doubt that if the Imagineers were left to their own creative devices they could come up with something amazing but if they want to build futuristic-looking buildings then the lands of tomorrow would be an ideal place to do that.

I was actually thinking more along the lines of the simple, industrial-looking buildings and interiors seen at Star Tours, Mission Space, and Alien Encounter.
The buildings of an Avatar land would probably be more along the lines of the temporary, abandoned military bunkers seen in the movie. WDI has that stuff down pat.

I probably should have been more specific.

505a6140.jpg

epcot-space-1b.jpg

Californian Elitist

I am with you in regards to clones (for example, I love Cars Land, but I would like to see something different for WDW. Cars Land is the staple of DCA, so cloning it wouldn't be good), but I thought Animal Kingdom was going to be just the first of all the Disney Resorts to receive AVATAR Land. So, something related to AVATAR may be in the works for the Disneyland California Resort (unless they gave up on that).

Also, I forgot how big Innoventions is. Would they have to move the Disneyland Railroad to expand Tomorrowland, though? What else can they take out beside Innoventions and Captain EO (which is housed in a slightly smaller theater at DL)?

You're right, they did say "resorts." Hopefully that doesn't include the DLR.

If Autopia gets taken out (prayerfully not), that would free up so much space. Autopia takes up more land than all of Fantasyland.

TP2000

I'd include Innoventions on this list, Pizza Port and the tracks. The problem with Disneyland's Tomorrowland is aesthetics, or lack thereof.

Tokyo's Tomorrowland is in the same boat; badly dated aesthetics. Except Tokyo Tomorrowland has a lot fewer rides than Anaheim Tomorrowland.

All Tomorrowland's in Anaheim, Orlando and Tokyo (except Paris) are in bad shape really; either with aesthetics, or dated and tired rides, or lack of rides, or a combination thereof.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Tokyo's Tomorrowland is in the same boat; badly dated aesthetics. Except Tokyo Tomorrowland has a lot fewer rides than Anaheim Tomorrowland.

All Tomorrowland's in Anaheim, Orlando and Tokyo (except Paris) are in bad shape really; either with aesthetics, or dated and tired rides, or lack of rides, or a combination thereof.

Seems like they just can't get the future down.

Bairstow

How would you rank the Tomorrowlands?
If Paris' even counts, I suppose that would be the best, followed by ours, followed by Disneyland and Tokyo last.

The Empress Lilly

Paris is Buzz and Captain EO and 'toons. And the worst upkeep of any Disney land anywhere on the planet. :depressed:

The Space Mountain and Nautilus walkthrough are awesome though.

doctornick

Except whatever gets built in DHS Star Wars Land will also be built in Disneyland's Tomorrowland, and likely Tokyo's Tomorrowland too. A triple clone, and with the way construction schedules go in that swamp the Star Wars rides will open first in Anaheim and Tokyo.

But then there's always Avatarland! That's a TDO exclusive! :D

We'll see how it turns out once it's actually announced, but it seems likely to me that if any area gets anything "extra" it will likely be DHS, which has more space and will be a dedicated land for Star Wars (unlike DL where it will be fit into an already existing Tomorrowland).

Also, I forgot how big Innoventions is. Would they have to move the Disneyland Railroad to expand Tomorrowland, though? What else can they take out beside Innoventions and Captain EO (which is housed in a slightly smaller theater at DL)?

I've seen rumors about a Star Wars show in the Captain Eo theater and for the speeder bike coaster along the former Peoplemover/Rocket Rods pathway in DL. I had not heard about Innoventions being used, but if the Stark Expo/Iron Man idea is gone, then it would make sense to use that as well for Star Wars.

Last edited:

doctornick

questions - is Star Wars are huge for smaller boys/kids as it is for the more adult crowd? This is the only thing I question if they ONLY do Star Wars in DHS

Agree. Although there has been some rumbling that DHS will be getting at least a little more than Star Wars, despite not getting a larger Cars Land. I'm hoping that they add at least 1-2 Pixar attractions to that area of the park.

RSoxNo1

Cars Land should stay DCA exclusive. We don't need more Pixar attractions either. Star Wars and Marvel bring in the real money.
Cars Land as a DCA exclusive reshaped that resort in a similar war that Harry Potter reshaped Orlando. By having a single destination to view these amazing lands you are making it a true destination for the fans. If they were to reproduce Cars Land in Florida they should make it different. Universal is making USH's Harry Potter different than the Florida counterpart, and obviously the Florida version is also expanding.

TP2000

How would you rank the Tomorrowlands?
If Paris' even counts, I suppose that would be the best, followed by ours, followed by Disneyland and Tokyo last.

Aesthetically, I would rank them thusly, but you could argue to bounce this list around based on personal taste;

1. Paris (Beautiful! But don't look too closely at the upkeep)
2. Orlando (Great 1990's rethink of original exteriors that has held up well)
3. Anaheim (Messy concept, but still has heart and good bones)
4. Tokyo (Sterile and charmless, but at least nicely maintained)
5. Hong Kong (Done on the cheap, and it shows)

As far as attraction counts go, they stack up like this;

1. Anaheim - 9 Attractions with 3 E Tickets (Space Mt., Star Tours, Submarine Voyage)
2. Tie: Tokyo - 7 Attractions with 2 E Tickets (Space Mt., Star Tours)
2. Tie: Paris - 7 Attractions with 2 E Tickets (Space Mt., Star Tours)
2. Tie: Orlando - 8 Attractions with 1 E Ticket (Space Mt.)
3. Hong Kong - 5 Attractions with 1 E Ticket (Space Mt.)

Anaheim and Hong Kong get gold stars for offering Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy for six weeks out of the year during the Halloween season. Orlando gets a gold star for having the last working PeopleMover system, and for keeping the Carousel of Progress open.

If Tokyo got a 21st century rethink and aesthetic makeover that included a new ride or two, it would easily vault to first place in both categories.

Last edited:

Wikkler

As a Star Wars freak, this excites me. As a realist, I know we'll get an X-Wing Fighter spinner and a dark ride featuring nothing but dancing Ewoks.
It's a forest moon after all!
And children love spinning! They love spinny rides more than any other ride, that's why there's 6 of them in Disney World already!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom