DHS CARS LAND

erasure fan1

Given the choice between cars land and a star wars land, I would choose star wars. Personally I just like the IP better. I would rather see a more fleshed out Pixar place instead of just a land based on cars. I think the park can use all the help it can get, and star wars land would be the best place to start. After that then flesh out the other areas like Pixar. The impact a AAA E-ticket star wars ride anchoring a well fleshed out land with a fantastic dark ride full of state of the art AAs, would be staggering in my opinion.

doctornick

I'm sorry, but I don't see how anyone could ride TT and RST on the same day, and not think RSR is 1000000 times better ride. "Wow, Radiator Springs was great! What was that other ride again?" I'll never understand why they are ever even in the same sentence, since the "same ride system" thing could apply to all kinds of rides that are practically next to each other.

Yep, TT and RSR are so completely different that its hard for me to imagine guests comparing the two in any way. Unless you conscious know they are the same ride system, you wouldn't associate the two at all.

Fractal514

RSR is not bad for DHS, but RSR coming to DHS is bad for CA. Right now it is arguably the biggest draw in Anaheim. Folks are making special trips out west to see the revamped CA and in particular Radiator Springs. To reproduce it on the East Cost would be to take away that special thing that is drawing fans west.
I believe that many east coasters don't head out to DL because they don't feel it is "worth it" they look at the attractions out there, look at the attractions in WDW and conclude that there isn't enough different to warrant the trip. They might be wrong, but try telling them that. If you take away the premier attraction it only makes their case more compelling.

I would much rather see DHS expand Pixar Place into something that represents the studio and its multiple franchises, not merely one particular franchise. Give us a Monster's Inc. Coaster, an Up dark ride, a Bugs Life playground, an Incredibles stage show, and a proper Pizza Planet restaurant.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
That is because Disney will not dare to do SW right: with a large dark ride with massive physical sets that focuses on SW's epicness and grandeur, a ride that takes the time to use John Wiliams score to explore the mysticism of Star Wars where the mystery of destiny, a man's inner thoughts, and the vastness of deep space are one.

Perhaps like the awe inspiring opening sequence from the 70's star wars, When the Star Destroyer flies over you firing on the consular ship, One of the all time GREAT movie moments, Death Star tractor beam that kind of stuff... No we'll never see that at WDW. It will be a vast wasteland of meet-n-grope's and merchandise locations.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
When/if it does... It will blow up the interwebs.

October 1st is coming....

Of course the last time an October 1st event did not disappoint was 10 years ago when Mission Space, Philharmagic, and Pop Century opened and Everest got its big promotional pitch.

WDW will report record earnings blah, blah, blah and that the parks are being sold to a Saudi prince. Nothing to see here move along...

The Empress Lilly

Perhaps like the awe inspiring opening sequence from the 70's star wars, When the Star Destroyer flies over you firing on the consular ship, One of the all time GREAT movie moments, Death Star tractor beam that kind of stuff...
Yes, that sort of stuff! We are emotionally invested in Star Wars, our heads filled with its imagery. I would wish for them to capture that, to drag us into the SW universe, to be transported to a different place the way Pirates and the Mansion can.

The Empress Lilly

RSR is not bad for DHS, but RSR coming to DHS is bad for CA. Right now it is arguably the biggest draw in Anaheim. Folks are making special trips out west to see the revamped CA and in particular Radiator Springs. To reproduce it on the East Cost would be to take away that special thing that is drawing fans west.
Yes, that. And also, even if CL would be announced NOW, it would be 2017, most likely 2018 before it opens. Too late. CL by then is old hat, yesterday's shiny new toy. Like opening Expedition Everest in DCA next year.

In LA, CL by the end of this decade has become a local staple, a cherished tradition. There CL ripens, like a good wine, in Orlando it would arrive past its best by date.

AswaySuller

I'm sorry, but I don't see how anyone could ride TT and RST on the same day, and not think RSR is 1000000 times better ride. "Wow, Radiator Springs was great! What was that other ride again?" I'll never understand why they are ever even in the same sentence, since the "same ride system" thing could apply to all kinds of rides that are practically next to each other.

Exactly, it's like comparing pirates to small world, or star tours 2.0 to wild arctic!

SirLink

So.....RSR is a bad idea for DHS because of rain issues so they are going to build an outdoor Speederbike coaster instead.

I thought the plan was basically a huge dome with 25 speed-bike vehicles combined with airbrush effects + scent with the vehicles moving around on a huge circle like lid thing?

Crazydisneyfanluke

Wild arctic is so bad.
I can't believe it's lasted this long.
The cgi is atrocious, it breaks A LOT and c'mon a submersible helicopter.

It's as we say in the UK utter bollocks.
People get hurt a lot, i rode it a few months back and hurt my back. my niece was complaining about her neck, and several other people complained as well.

wdwfan4ver

I rode Wild artic a couple months back, very rough, alot of people complaining about the intensity of the ride afterwards. ST2.0 is alot of fun, not as intense.
I see Wild Artic hasn't changed since I went to Sea World the first time ever last year in August. I didn't had any pain, but it is a rough attraction.

Fox&Hound

My two cents: Give the fans Star Wars (what most want) and make it awesome. Spend some serious money, Disney, and the fans will show up in droves. Then, give us an expanded pixar place: MI door coaster, move MILF here from MK, put in a MU bookstore/meet and greet, the ratouille dark ride (or save for EPCOT), and then some family friendly "kiddie" rides like bug's life or something similar. Maybe a killer Incredibles ride like spiderman. Oh, and please bring Mater's from CA. It's simple but so fun. And maybe the Cozy Cone cafe as an fun place for a quick bite. Then you just need to replace "B&B" with Tangled and you are set. Boom....

erasure fan1

That is because Disney will not dare to do SW right: with a large dark ride with massive physical sets that focuses on SW's epicness and grandeur, a ride that takes the time to use John Wiliams score to explore the mysticism of Star Wars where the mystery of destiny, a man's inner thoughts, and the vastness of deep space are one.
This hits the nail on the head perfectly. Doing a Star Wars ride the right way would require them going back to building attractions on the cutting edge of technology. I can see them going the just enough approach, not bad, but short of the HOLY CRUD!!! that we would be hopping for. Its all about the R.O.I. and a just enough Star Wars land would give them just that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom