DHS CARS LAND

TalkingHead

I've experienced Cars Land, and it's incredible. I personally believe it should be unique to California - they deserve it. Plus, that ride wouldn't work in Florida's rainy climate....it would be closed more than half the time.

Yeah, too bad they cloned Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, Splash, etc....

And why wouldn't the ride work in the rainy climate? What about Big Thunder, Splash, Test Track?

novawildcat18

Yeah, too bad they cloned Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, Splash, etc....

And why wouldn't the ride work in the rainy climate? What about Big Thunder, Splash, Test Track?
Have you ever been to EPCOT in the rain? Test Track does not operate in the rain. Which means RSR could not operate in the rain either.

JimboJones123

Another argument against cloning Carsland:

Test Track top speed- 65 MPH
Radiator Springs Racers top speed- 40 MPH

It may not seem like too big of a difference unless you have been on both within a few days of each other. Then, for all the perfection that RSR accomplishes, it falls very short in the thrill department.

Keeping it on the opposite coast, how many riders will actually be able to directly compare the two? Less than 1%?

Riding both a few days apart, or even the same day will expose that RSR is a tamer ride. This could be anywhere between challenging and a downright disaster for Disney.

novawildcat18

That's my point. There are a number of rides that don't operate in inclement weather, so why would that affect building RSR at DHS?
Gotcha, my mistake, I misunderstood. I would hope Disney would build a ride that could operate in all weather, but who knows what they will end up doing. If Cars Land is indeed shelved, I wonder if the weather had something to do with it.

doctornick

Cars Land should stay DCA exclusive. We don't need more Pixar attractions either. Star Wars and Marvel bring in the real money.

Well, Marvel is not coming to WDW, so....

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a land called "Pixar Place" to have more than 1 ride and more than 1 franchise represented. They don't have to build a full fledged Cars Land to add a few more rides and different IPs to flesh out Pixar Place and help out the back end of the park.

Personally, I think it would make sense to put Monstropolis in DHS (could easily work as a repurposed SOA) and make it Florida exclusive, so that each coast gets a unique Pixar area.

Californian Elitist

Personally, I think it would make sense to put Monstropolis in DHS (could easily work as a repurposed SOA) and make it Florida exclusive, so that each coast gets a unique Pixar area.

That apparently won't be happening, unfortunately. There are people here that have stated Monstropolis has recently been greenlit for DCA.

:grumpy:

Last edited:

Maerj

And big boys like their Corellian Falcons... Which brings up a good question: There are falcons on Corell? I thought falcons were native to Earth...

I always wondered about that sort of thing as well. I chalk it up to having things translated for us. There is mentions of other animals throughout the films, although you never see them. Just like they use 'years' 'minutes' or 'meters.' Instead of using Star Wars terms for these, they kept it simple and just used our terms.

G00fyDad

And big boys like their Corellian Falcons... Which brings up a good question: There are falcons on Corell? I thought falcons were native to Earth...
I always wondered about that sort of thing as well. I chalk it up to having things translated for us. There is mentions of other animals throughout the films, although you never see them. Just like they use 'years' 'minutes' or 'meters.' Instead of using Star Wars terms for these, they kept it simple and just used our terms.

Actually, its Corellia. Not Corell. :D And considering that the language spoken is English (Yes, I know it is supposed to be Galactic Basic. Put down the lightsabers.) can we really be that picky to find fault in a few English words? LOL

doctornick

So, can any of the insiders on here offer any insight into the decision making process regarding DHS? Among the things I'm wondering are....

1. Was Cars Land cancelled to put more money into Star Wars at DHS (meaning it might be larger/better)? Or was it just not approved to save money and the Star Wars budget is unchanged?
2. Is there any Pixar projects planned or is it all gone away as a result of Cars not moving forward? Any chances for even just a single Cars ride? Or something for Monsters or other IP?
3. Is the Star Wars project going to basically be the same stuff that is going into DLR or will WDW be getting anything unique?
4. Is the SOA still on the chopping block if Cars is not coming? If Star Wars is taking over that whole area (as well as most of Echo Lake) then it's would be a pretty large land.

Then again, it's possible that most of these things might still be up in the air.....

Edit: I'll just point out that Niles says this in the comments section of the article from the OP:
Oh, and more thing... (puts on his mock turtleneck), just because Disney isn't doing Cars Land, don't assume that Star Wars land will be the only expansion at DHS. Star Wars has taken over the number one spot, but I'm hearing the plan still is to do two projects at the park. Eventually. No word, though, on what the second project might be.

So I hope that more is coming to DHS than just Star Wars, even though I think it makes sense for SW to be the main/big addition.

Last edited:

JimboJones123

So, can any of the insiders on here offer any insight into the decision making process regarding DHS? Among the things I'm wondering are....

1. Was Cars Land cancelled to put more money into Star Wars at DHS (meaning it might be larger/better)? Or was it just not approved to save money and the Star Wars budget is unchanged?
2. Is there any Pixar projects planned or is it all gone away as a result of Cars not moving forward? Any chances for even just a single Cars ride? Or something for Monsters or other IP?
3. Is the Star Wars project going to basically be the same stuff that is going into DLR or will WDW be getting anything unique?
4. Is the SOA still on the chopping block if Cars is not coming? If Star Wars is taking over that whole area (as well as most of Echo Lake) then it's would be a pretty large land.

Then again, it's possible that most of these things might still be up in the air.....

Edit: I'll just point out that Niles says this in the comments section of the article from the OP:

So I hope that more is coming to DHS than just Star Wars, even though I think it makes sense for SW to be the main/big addition.
1. It seems like Carsland was not shelved because of any budget considerations. It was more of a logistics issue. Saving the $$$ on costs was just an extra bonus.

doctornick

1. It seems like Carsland was not shelved because of any budget considerations. It was more of a logistics issue. Saving the $$$ on costs was just an extra bonus.

What logistics issue? I know there was concerns about RSR being effective in the central Florida climate, but I thought that was why it had been replaced with a dark ride of some sort instead. Other than that, I don't see why they could have built a mock Radiator Springs in Florida like the one in Cali.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

It may not seem like too big of a difference unless you have been on both within a few days of each other. Then, for all the perfection that RSR accomplishes, it falls very short in the thrill department.

Keeping it on the opposite coast, how many riders will actually be able to directly compare the two? Less than 1%?

Riding both a few days apart, or even the same day will expose that RSR is a tamer ride. This could be anywhere between challenging and a downright disaster for Disney.

Yes, RSR is slower, but I think that is offset by the fact that it has a more "dynamic" track with more curves and hills then Test Track. Also the close proximity to the rock work and the other car ads to the sense of speed.

jensenrick

I'm sorry, but I don't see how anyone could ride TT and RST on the same day, and not think RSR is 1000000 times better ride. "Wow, Radiator Springs was great! What was that other ride again?" I'll never understand why they are ever even in the same sentence, since the "same ride system" thing could apply to all kinds of rides that are practically next to each other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom