DHS CARS LAND

zengoth

I've experienced Cars Land, and it's incredible. I personally believe it should be unique to California - they deserve it. Plus, that ride wouldn't work in Florida's rainy climate....it would be closed more than half the time.

i remember reading the attraction would be more the indoor part of the CA ride and less the "test track" part due to the room available; i'd think that would make the weather less of an obstacle.

Maerj

While I'd love to see a Cars Land in FL, it's cool if it remains something unique for CA. Also, if it comes down to a Star Wars Land or a Carsland, I pick Star Wars without a doubt. A proper SW land will literally bring me to tears, especially if they recreate key locations like the Cantina. My opinion, do it Disney!

The Empress Lilly

Little boys do like Cars.
Only boys that get beaten up at school. Us kool kids know Star Wars is where it's at.
zap.gif

PhotoDave219

(http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201309/3653/)

Has there been any opposing view to this? I figure the backstage tour and stunt show are fairly cheap to run and the prevailing logic is star wars will be a bigger bang for DHS' buck - but it's still disappointing that Pixar Place won't be getting any expansion any time soon, considering the studio's yearly output.

Well Robert was spot on with his last Star Wars stuff..... I'm willing to accept this as a credible rumor but needs verification.

Californian Elitist

Only boys that get beaten up at school. Us kool kids know Star Wars is where it's at.
zap.gif

I guess my nephews get beaten up everyday, then

My 10 year old has not liked Cars since he was 5 years old. None of his friends like the IP either. However, he freaks when he sees Star Wars. Just like me. :D

Okay, that's your son and his buddies. One can't speak for all boys, though.

rle4lunch

I for one, would be glad to see CL be replaced at DHS with a SW land. It makes more fiscal cents (see what I did there?) to have unique attractions INCONUS (look it up) so people can be drawn to each idividual park rather than clones everywhere. I grew up going to MK, but now that I'm in stationed in Cali I find the differences between the two parks one of the best things for me to keep my interest and excitment peaked about visiting one park over the other. We just did our WDW trip Dec 2012, and it had been 3 years since being there, and our next trip is planned for 2016, after all the new crap is added to the parks down there. In the meantime, we will visit DL periodically thru the year so my wife can get her Disney fix. In the meantime tho, it gives us something to look forward to if SW land does in fact get going.

And RSR is a great ride. We were able to experience it a couple weeks after it opened before it started breaking all the time, but, it and Test Track are WAY too similar to share the same resort space. And yes, I know that its in Epcot and not DHS, but you know what I mean. DHS and AK desperately need more stuff to make them full day parks though, and a proper SW land would give DHS this. The only other draw to keep anyone in that park all day is at Christmas for the Osborne lights.

misterID

I for one, would be glad to see CL be replaced at DHS with a SW land. It makes more fiscal cents (see what I did there?) to have unique attractions INCONUS (look it up) so people can be drawn to each idividual park rather than clones everywhere. I grew up going to MK, but now that I'm in stationed in Cali I find the differences between the two parks one of the best things for me to keep my interest and excitment peaked about visiting one park over the other. We just did our WDW trip Dec 2012, and it had been 3 years since being there, and our next trip is planned for 2016, after all the new crap is added to the parks down there. In the meantime, we will visit DL periodically thru the year so my wife can get her Disney fix. In the meantime tho, it gives us something to look forward to if SW land does in fact get going.

And RSR is a great ride. We were able to experience it a couple weeks after it opened before it started breaking all the time, but, it and Test Track are WAY too similar to share the same resort space. And yes, I know that its in Epcot and not DHS, but you know what I mean. DHS and AK desperately need more stuff to make them full day parks though, and a proper SW land would give DHS this. The only other draw to keep anyone in that park all day is at Christmas for the Osborne lights.

I'd rather have Mysterious Island (or BK hybrid) at AK than Star Wars Land, Carsland, and Avatarland combined. And I don't care it's the same system as TT.

The Empress Lilly

I just don't see any SW ride being as epic as some people think.
That is because Disney will not dare to do SW right: with a large dark ride with massive physical sets that focuses on SW's epicness and grandeur, a ride that takes the time to use John Wiliams score to explore the mysticism of Star Wars where the mystery of destiny, a man's inner thoughts, and the vastness of deep space are one.

doctornick

I certainly favor Star Wars to Cars in terms of an expansion for DHS. So, if they have to pick one, I think that is the right choice. The problem IMHO is that DHS needs more than just SW -- there's no reason IMHO not to do a large Star Wars expansion while simultaneously having some additions to Pixar Place. A Cars dark ride or Mater's plus putting the Monsters door coaster in Soundstage 1 and adding some other properties (Up, Incredibles, Ratatouile, etc.) would be fine for the short term.

Disneyhead'71

I lost interst in Star Wars somewhere in the middle of Return of the Jedi. And I loathed the prequels.

I enjoyed both of the Cars movies for what they are, an homage to Saterday Morning Cartoons. But it's a very shallow franchise.

Between the 2, I would have to choose Star Wars, but TDO's "just enough to say we did it" mentality scares me with such a huge IP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom